Results of 4-speciment salivary cortisol test

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alive

Hi there, I introduced myself in this thread. Here is the result of my cortisol test.
Assuming the lab has not screwed up the samples, they are in this order:

1-Ten minutes after spontaneusly waking up around 3 am. (Yes my slep is that screwed up.)

2-After coming home from a long hike, 1 pm.

3- 5pm in a cafe.

4- Before going to bed around 11pm.

cortisol.png

Is this adrenal fatigue. Most of the time I'm too relaxed and have difficulty getting things done. Sometimes I feel anxious. As i mentioned in the other thread, when I was on dessicated thyroid (for a month) my productivity skyrocketed.

BTW I'm thinking of switching to T propionate.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Hiking and exercising while you have adrenal insufficiency is probably not a good idea. Poor sleep is common for those who have low cortisol. I see no reason to switch to a faster esters like propionate.

Hiking and exercising will only make your situation worse.

Alive

If you felt so good at desiccated thyroid why did you stop taking it?

My sleep got worse and I put on weight. I also had a "doping" feeling like when (occasionally) I took modafinil; probably just psychological. Judging by the last blood test I did in July doctor Saya told me I didn't need it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Are the labs without desiccated thyroid?

fT3: 3.8 in 2-4.4
fT4: 0.86 in 0.76-1.46
rT3: 18.9 in 9.2-24.1
TSH: 0.985 in 0.385-3.74

Alive

Are the labs without desiccated thyroid?

fT3: 3.8 in 2-4.4
fT4: 0.86 in 0.76-1.46
rT3: 18.9 in 9.2-24.1
TSH: 0.985 in 0.385-3.74

Yes, one month after stopping taking it.

I should also add that right after doing the labs you referred to, I restarted taking it for ten days but this time I felt worse. Confused.

Vince

Super Moderator
I wonder how you would feel if you took a low-dose synthetic T3? Something that will get your reverse T3 in a better range.

ratbag

No hydrocortisone does not sound scary. Once you are on it your cortisol will stabilise. Then your thyroid will begin to work as it is supposed to... then your TRT will start to work as it should and your other hormones. Cortisol is the base hormone needed to make all other hormone work normally. If your short on cortisol all your other hormones suffer. Once your thyroid is normal and TRT is normal and your feeling normal again you can try to slowly wean yourself off hydrocortisone. With your thyroid working and other hormones as they should it may work... if not you have to stay on it. But one thing is for sure you'll feel a thousand percent better. The choice is yours.

I tried the glanulars but didn't have much success. Many don't have success. People think this helps them avoid cortisol but if it doesn't work what is the point. I read for years about it before I took cortisol and I tried isocort and others without any success. Cortisol can be dropped at any time it's not like TRT where once committed you have to stick with it. If you drop it and you still need it you will feel the difference and want to go back on it. If you stop cortisol and your body needs it your cortisol levels will revert back to what they were before... very low! It doesn't shut down your adrenals permanently.

Last edited:

Alive

No hydrocortisone does not sound scary. Once you are on it your cortisol will stabilise. Then your thyroid will begin to work as it is supposed to... then your TRT will start to work as it should and your other hormones. Cortisol is the base hormone needed to make all other hormone work normally. If your short on cortisol all your other hormones suffer. Once your thyroid is normal and TRT is normal and your feeling normal again you can try to slowly wean yourself off hydrocortisone. With your thyroid working and other hormones as they should it may work... if not you have to stay on it. But one thing is for sure you'll feel a thousand percent better. The choice is yours.

I tried the glanulars but didn't have much success. Many don't have success. People think this helps them avoid cortisol but if it doesn't work what is the point. I read for years about it before I took cortisol and I tried isocort and others without any success. Cortisol can be dropped at any time it's not like TRT where once committed you have to stick with it. If you drop it and you still need it you will feel the difference and want to go back on it. If you stop cortisol and your body needs it your cortisol levels will revert back to what they were before... very low! It doesn't shut down your adrenals permanently.

Thank you, but isn't that you may have an "adrenal crisis" if you miss a dose (after long term use)?

Is Defy good for treating adrenal insufficiency?

I'm using them for TRT and to correct my thyroid problem. The thyroid I feel I'm running around in circles wasting money with them. I've mentioned I may have a adrenal problem which is causing my thyroid med problem. Their response wasn't reassuring.

Alive

I'm using them for TRT and to correct my thyroid problem. The thyroid I feel I'm running around in circles wasting money with them. I've mentioned I may have a adrenal problem which is causing my thyroid med problem. Their response wasn't reassuring.

Yeah, it's primarily a TRT clinic, although Dr Calkins did well for my thyroid.

I'll give hippie methods a try for now: B5, adrenal cortex, licorice, no coffee and reducing stress. I'm trying to bring my E2 down too (was 34 in July).

If these didn't work I'll do the ACTH test before trying hydrocortisone. For TRT I did a similar thing i.e. clomid first. On it my TT went up to a meager 480. That was when I decided to go on TRT.

Alive

I did the ACTH stimulation test. Before the injection I had:

ACTH 33 in 7.2-63.3
Cortisol 18.8 in 10.4-26.4
Insulin 7.6 in 2.6-24.9

Except for insulin they are near the middle. After the injection cortisol went up to 29 in the same range as before. So it seems my adrenals are OK and I just need more ACTH. I didn't feel any "high" after the injection though. Cortisol was measured in the blood.

1Draw

No not true. I miss doses all the time and no you do not go into adrenal crisis.
Interesting thread. Think I’m in the same boat with low cortisol. My RT3 was 28.1 in March went on 15 mcg Cytomel 2xday and dropped to 13, stopped T3 and 6 weeks later back up to 21. Ferritin at 140 so it’s not low iron causing. Waiting now on results of the 4 tube salivary test. Ratbag did your RT3 get in optimal range once you started treating low cortisol?

ratbag

Interesting thread. Think I’m in the same boat with low cortisol. My RT3 was 28.1 in March went on 15 mcg Cytomel 2xday and dropped to 13, stopped T3 and 6 weeks later back up to 21. Ferritin at 140 so it’s not low iron causing. Waiting now on results of the 4 tube salivary test. Ratbag did your RT3 get in optimal range once you started treating low cortisol?

I wish I knew... in Canada where I am that test isn't available so I just don't know. But I can feel the T3 and cortisol helps reduce my symptoms.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me