Restricted from blood donation from TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

JimGainz

This is a first. I have been donating for years on TRT but today I was restricted because I declared I was on TRT.

is this new? Have any of you experienced this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
This is a first. I have been donating for years on TRT but today I was restricted because I declared I was on TRT.

It's strange that they rejected you because you're on trt? I guess you shouldn't have told them? What levels are you HCT at?

JimGainz

There was a new question on the check in form which asked if you take hormones - should have said “no”.
what triggered it was when the nurse pin pricked my finger to assess hemoglobin (it was 17) and she noted it was High and then looked and saw I was on TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
There was a new question on the check in form which asked if you take hormones - should have said “no”.
what triggered it was when the nurse pin pricked my finger to assess hemoglobin (it was 17) and she noted it was High and then looked and saw I was on TRT.
I'll just throw this out there. Since I started supplementing with high-dose melatonin. 100 mg throughout the day. I noticed my HCT has dropped. My last testosterone panel it was 46, my lowest since starting trt. I recently just had a cholesterol panel it was only 44%.

Last edited:

MarcoFL

I'll just throw this out there. Since I started supplementing with high-dose melatoma. 100 mg throughout the day. I noticed my HCT has dropped. My last testosterone panel it was 46, my lowest since starting trt. I recently just had a cholesterol panel it was only 44%.
Vince, I assume you meant melatonin? what are you seeing on 100mg? what brand are you taking?

rvatrt

If that blood donation place gives you trouble just go to another one, and don’t wave a banner everywhere saying you’re on TRT- idk why you would even disclose something like that, I was never asked that.

ronadams9

I donated blood just this past week and noticed a couple of new questions. One was in fact asking about TRT (actually testosterone or estrogen therapy) and I luckily just skipped it because I thought I would have to go into lengthy details. I didn't realize I could have been rejected if I said yes. That could present a problem around here as I am in NY and I think this one organization handles virtually all the blood donations for the entire metropolitan NY area. So what Jim has described must be some what widespread. Certainly something to keep in mind for the future.

Jed Dorsey

Yes started TRT about 4 years ago and Blood Donation places in Texas have always asked on questionnaire are you on testosterone I have always answered no just to be on safe side.

rvatrt

They also ask if you’ve taken aspirin, which affects only platelet donation, not whole blood- but ironically they accept folks who take blood pressure medication, go figure. I conveniently forget I took aspirin before.

MarcoFL

Yes thanks for the correction. I'm supplementing with naturebell tablets.
Thank you. I am curious about the large dose you chose? I also started taking larger dose of 40mg at bed time. I am taking for sleep as well as overall general health. Can you give more color on why you are taking 100mg? Thank you!

Vince

Super Moderator
Thank you. I am curious about the large dose you chose? I also started taking larger dose of 40mg at bed time. I am taking for sleep as well as overall general health. Can you give more color on why you are taking 100mg? Thank you!
It all started because my wife is on chemo. I read about how some doctors are giving cancer patients on chemo high doses of melatonin. Supposedly it helps the chemo kill the cancer cells and then helps the good cells survive. It may also helps, prevent cancer and prevent cardiac events. I supplemented with 100 mg of melatonin for 52 days before my last cholesterol panel. Everything improved.

Vince

Super Moderator

mooseman109

so this happened to me as well. I never volunteered info about TRT, but my Hgb was high on their little BS machine. They said I must have polycemia vera and would not let me donate. I got tested for that and a bunch of other myopia stuff and took it back. Still a no go so had to do the therapeutic phlebotomy with them at $60/ pop

JimGainz

It all started because my wife is on chemo. I read about how some doctors are giving cancer patients on chemo high doses of melatonin. Supposedly it helps the chemo kill the cancer cells and then helps the good cells survive. It may also helps, prevent cancer and prevent cardiac events. I supplemented with 100 mg of melatonin for 52 days before my last cholesterol panel. Everything improved.
Did you get tired during the day on this dose? Are you still taking or have you weened off? I understand that it does not have any withdrawal effects but wanted to confirm.

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you get tired during the day on this dose? Are you still taking or have you weened off? I understand that it does not have any withdrawal effects but wanted to confirm.
After my labs, I did stop for 3 weeks. I had no withdrawal effects. After I had the results, I started again taking my 100 mg of melatonin daily. I do not get tired during the day.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... I started again taking my 100 mg of melatonin daily. ...
As I understand it this equates to somewhere between 400 and 10,000 times natural production. What are the odds of escaping unintended consequences? The sphere of influence of melatonin is surprisingly large. For example:

Vince

Super Moderator
Nice find Cataceous. For now, I'm going to continue my high dose melatonin. I will get my next labs in September and see what results I get.

gerardo

Could you talk about your TRT protocol and how do you replace iron? When are you going to donate blood, how are your blood parameters? serum iron, ferritin, hematocrit ... Thank you

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me