Resting heart rate very high

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dunc

Hi, I'm just over 4 weeks into my treatment. 37yr old and treatment is 125ml Sustanon e5d. On Sunday 20th September (3 weeks in) I felt a lot hotter and almost giddy. I checked my BP and heart rate, bp was good but Rhr was in the 90s. I've been tracking it since, even bought a fit bit. My heart rate seems to float around late 80s when doing nothing and if I do slightest bit of movement it can go up to 100-110. I can be sat at my laptop working with no movement or stress and it can be over 100. I can feel my heart beat.

On the treadmill yesterday doing a 10kmh jog for only 3mins I noticed it spiked to 168!

I know this can be a symptom of adjustment to treatment but I'm worried none the less. How long should I let this continue before speaking to my Dr? My rhr was probably late 70s normally, that is just a guess though.

I'm playing badminton tonight and it's pretty full on cardio for me. Should I not do it?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JohnTaylorHK

Hi, I'm just over 4 weeks into my treatment. 37yr old and treatment is 125ml Sustanon e5d. On Sunday 20th September (3 weeks in) I felt a lot hotter and almost giddy. I checked my BP and heart rate, bp was good but Rhr was in the 90s. I've been tracking it since, even bought a fit bit. My heart rate seems to float around late 80s when doing nothing and if I do slightest bit of movement it can go up to 100-110. I can be sat at my laptop working with no movement or stress and it can be over 100. I can feel my heart beat.

On the treadmill yesterday doing a 10kmh jog for only 3mins I noticed it spiked to 168!

I know this can be a symptom of adjustment to treatment but I'm worried none the less. How long should I let this continue before speaking to my Dr? My rhr was probably late 70s normally, that is just a guess though.

I'm playing badminton tonight and it's pretty full on cardio for me. Should I not do it?
RHR should be between 60 to 100. That's a huge range. Some endurance athletes RHR is in the 40s. If I don't drink coffee after 2pm, I can go down to 50, If I do drink coffee after 2pm it usually stays in high 50s. My max heart rate when I was early 40s was 205 (measured on a treadmill) and, apart from being tired, I had no adverse effects. Do you have any historical records as to what your RHR was before you started your treatment? I would use that as the baseline. With any exercise, if you think it might be damaging, you shouldn't do it. Take care.

Dunc

RHR should be between 60 to 100. That's a huge range. Some endurance athletes RHR is in the 40s. If I don't drink coffee after 2pm, I can go down to 50, If I do drink coffee after 2pm it usually stays in high 50s. My max heart rate when I was early 40s was 205 (measured on a treadmill) and, apart from being tired, I had no adverse effects. Do you have any historical records as to what your RHR was before you started your treatment? I would use that as the baseline. With any exercise, if you think it might be damaging, you shouldn't do it. Take care.
Hi John,

Tha ls for reply. I wish I had a baseline prior to trt. I know it wouldn't be low as my cardio fitness has always been poor. I know its elevated as I can feel it l though.

I think my main concern is that I want to improve my cardio health not make it worse. My fitbit tells me my average rhr is mid 70's but that includes sleep.

I'm going to keep tracking it and if it doesn't settle look into ways of reducing it. I.e better cardio focus, meditation and as a last resort medication.

I think what is freaking me out most is how quickly it spikes. Jumped to nearly 130 on the treadmill and I was doing a gentle walk 5kph.

Dunc

Had The same problem. To high or low estrogen was the problem for me.
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I did wonder this however I'm not seeing much of a difference over the 5 days between injections, maybe slightly higher on day of injection. My estrogen was very low prior to TRT so it is probably higher all the time now. Will keep in mind.

How did you fix it?

pyater

Two thoughts as I had similar issues.
1) DHT - Mine was high as well due to elevated DHT. I was using creams though.
2) Stay very well hydrated. IF HCT is rising, hydration helps. I mean like 64-100 oz of water per day at least.

BigTex

@Dunc, from what you have posted you seem to be in pretty good shape....doing 10K jogs. So at 37yo, your resting HR should not be in the 90's nor normally around 80. I am 68yo and only lift weights but my resting HR as I type is 57bpm. It goes up in the 70-80's walking around the house. Being in what appears to be good cardiovascular shape due to your exercise, I sure would mention this to your doctor ASAP.

Your Fitbit app should also have records of your resting and exercising HR. You can find records of your RHR under "HEART" and records of your exercise HR under EXERCISE DAYS.

Sitting at your laptop having a heart rate >100 is Tachycardia. You need to find out why this is happening and possibly need a beta blocker to control it. Excelmale is a great place for information but certainly no substitution for a doctor's advice. 168 doing a jog is over 85% of your MHR. You should not be that high unless your are doing interval training or heavy weights.

Watch your FitBit watch when you are doing exercise, if you start getting out of the cardio stage, then slow the pace some. Get to the doctor as soon as you can.

OK, I feel stupid now.....this is a 3 year old posting. Hopefully this was solved. The others that posted, don't take cardiovascular events out of the norm anything but seriously. You need to seek medical advice from a cardiologist.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching