Response from LabCorp About Their Incorrect Unit Usages For Their Free Testosterone - Direct - Test

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Someone else complaining about this issue:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jacb

That is debatable. Free testosterone is NOT fully proportional to T dose. As dose increases, the relative increase of free T is larger due to decreases in SHBG.
OK so best to disregard the LabCorp Free T‘ result and calculate the Free T‘ using, Total T’, SHBG and Albumin from the same group of tests. That in turn raises issues since the online Free T’ calculators seem to come up with different Free T’ values for the same input!

Which online calculator do you favour?

EG Balance My Hormones, Tru-t etc etc?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
That is debatable. Free testosterone is NOT fully proportional to T dose. As dose increases, the relative increase of free T is larger due to decreases in SHBG.
Proportionality exists regardless of SHBG if one assumption is true: The law of mass action is the only significant driver of the consumption rate of testosterone. If this holds then the consumption rate is directly proportional to free testosterone. Clearly at steady state the dose rate on average must equal the consumption rate. Therefore free testosterone is directly proportional to dose rate.

It doesn't matter if SHBG drops with increasing dose. This affects the rate of increase of total testosterone, not free. Free testosterone must rise linearly with the dose.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

total and free testosterone versus t dose.jpg

Cataceous

Super Moderator
T

tareload

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men