Recommendation for digestive enzymes?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bass

recently I've experienced very bad bloating and gut pain issues, it was mostly due to two courses of anti biotic medication 3 weeks apart. got me some pro biotic supplement and it seems to help, but the feeling of discomfort and bloating is still there, especially after meals, not as severe but it not completely gone. i looked at Nelson's supplements threads and couldn't find anything on digestive enzymes. any feedback on digestive enzymes supplement is appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Midnight

I have used Jarrow Formula's Probiotics before with good results. I found in my experience that the probiotics that are shelf-stable don't seem to work as well as the probiotics requiring refrigeration. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this as well.

Also, you could try taking a teaspoon of Angostura Bitters either before, or after meals. I sometimes mix it in soda water, or 7UP, especially if I request it at a restaurant bar after their dinner didn't agree with me. It will help settle an upset stomach and other gastrointestinal issues. Give it a shot...

Vince

Super Moderator
I have some notes on probiotics I will post, they need to be taken on an empty stomach.

Among the best probiotics are VSL#3, Gardenof Life, and ReNew Life brands, with high-potency products in the multibillioncolony-forming units, or CFU (a count of microorganisms), range, with betterresults than with lower-potency preparations. We've had best results with dosesin the 30 to 50 billion CFU range. Healthy species include Lactobacillusplantarum, L. brevis, L. acidophilus, L. casei, L. paracasei, L. rhamnosus, L.salivarius; Bifidobacterium bifidum, B. lactis, B. subtilis, B. breve, and B.longum. The key with probiotics is therefore to supply sufficient numbers and abroad range of species, ideally a dozen or more. Some probiotic preparationscontain a yeast, Saccharomyces boulardii, either as part of a panel ofbacterial species or by itself, as clinical studies have demonstrated effectssuch as protection from Clostridium difficile infection, which can developafter antibiotic use (Venuglopalan 2010). (While refrigeration is helpful, itis not absolutely necessary, as shelf testing of these brands demonstratepreservation of bacterial counts in non-refrigerated capsule form.)

croaker24

I'm someone who suffered from a lot of digestive issues which I have cleared up - it did take a little time but now I'm in great shape - much the huge surprise of my GI doc who expressed disbelief that I was able to get off the meds he had been prescribing. This is what worked for me and has been working for 1.5 years now:

a) I agree with Vince on taking probiotics on an empty stomach. I take mine when I first get up in the morning and I do not eat breakfast until about 45 minutes after.

b) I try and get 10 fruits/veggies every day and a lot of beans, primarily black. Fiber is critical but if you are not used to it - build it up slowly. I'm not going to advise any specific diet - I don't believe in any of this vegan, paleo, low-carb, high-carb dogma - just focus on plants first, and then add in your proteins and healthy fats (for me: nuts, seeds, avocados, whole-fat yogurt, fish, and lean red meat such as bison/elk when I can find it.)

c) Fermented veggies. There is a local artisan organic company that makes artisan fermented veggies such as kimchi and kraut.

d) I am fortunate to have the absolutely the best healthiest organic top-rated yogurt which is made locally at a grass-fed, organic dairy farm. I eat the whole-fat milk version and not the low-fat stuff.

Vince

Super Moderator
croaker, I definitely agree with fermented foods with no preservatives, loaded with good gut bacteria. I wish I had the time to make my own sauerkraut.

Bass

good information guys, much appreciated! i do take the refrigerated probiotics, not cheap but they seem to work. now i'll go do more research on the product you suggestions. thanks again!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me