Really need some help on trying to sleep, cortisol is highest at 12am

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I have been in your shoes with your sleep patterns and here is what helped me. I know we are all different but I wanted to share in case it helps.

Nightly routine:

With dinner, one Seriphos capsule.
Before bed: Two Seriphos capsules, 25mg micronized DHEA, 400 MG of Magnesium Glyphosate, 1mg of extended release Melatonin.

This takes 3-4 nights to a full week to really start to work. Its not 100% perfect 100% of the time, but I can honestly say that I sleep though the night now a good 95% of the time.

I have been in your shoes with your sleep patterns and here is what helped me. I know we are all different but I wanted to share in case it helps.

Nightly routine:

With dinner, one Seriphos capsule.
Before bed: Two Seriphos capsules, 25mg micronized DHEA, 400 MG of Magnesium Glyphosate, 1mg of extended release Melatonin.

This takes 3-4 nights to a full week to really start to work. Its not 100% perfect 100% of the time, but I can honestly say that I sleep though the night now a good 95% of the time.

Very nice ERO.

Seriphos seems to be a good supplement with the main ingredient being phosphorylated serine...which is essentially phosphatidylserine (as everydaystruggle is now taking) after digestion.

cleverusername, your saliva results are all very low. Yes they are in range but don't be deceived by them saying it's Normal. It's is far from optimal and surely you are suffering because of this. You'll need to work on this.

I am trying, started taking A-Drenal by RLC Labs. This seemed to give me a daytime boost, but did nothing to correct my sleep patterns. Recently I began Pregnenolone, it was recommended to use at night before bed but I found myself unable to fall asleep. I changed the dose to the morning, and then again around noon and got more energy throughout the day from it. Still my sleep is trash though.

Well here's the defining point of that discussion: the "first sample" is considered the first sample UPON AWAKENING. Thus, if the 2:45AM swab was upon awakening from your night's sleep then it should indeed be compared to the "first sample" reference range. However, it is also preferred that the swabs be collected on a day when you are as close to your normal circadian rhythm as possible (same time to bed and same time awakening).

Everydaystruggle, if I'm not mistaken, was a different scenario as I believe the midnight sample was the LAST sample of his day (e.g. before he went to bed). However, because this was technically the AM hours LabCorp automatically referenced it to the "first sample" range.

Dr Saya, thanks for the response. This 2:45am time is spot on with what is now my normal circadian rhythm (has been this way for a few years). No matter what time I go to bed I will wake at this time in the morning. Funny thing is I can drink my morning cup of coffee, cruise the forums, then fall back asleep after a couple hours. However if I do go back to sleep like this I am horribly tired and groggy through the whole day. I am fairly certain I have Sleep Apnea, and Melissa has recommended me for a Sleep Study. Insurance is currently fighting the approval and asking for a "home study" instead. My Dr wants to Peer 2 Peer and fight it. Personally I would rather just move on with the home study as my yearly deductible is currently met and the wait is going to put the bill on me.

Any recommendations on what I can might do to combat this? My Labs are all great, THS is 1.03 and has always been low. We did test IGF-1 this past blood draw and I came back with a 189 with a ref range of 75 - 216 ng/ml.

I need to set my follow up for these labs, I missed a call from you guys and have to call back to get my appointment set up.

I am trying, started taking A-Drenal by RLC Labs. This seemed to give me a daytime boost, but did nothing to correct my sleep patterns. Recently I began Pregnenolone, it was recommended to use at night before bed but I found myself unable to fall asleep. I changed the dose to the morning, and then again around noon and got more energy throughout the day from it. Still my sleep is trash though.

Dr Saya, thanks for the response. This 2:45am time is spot on with what is now my normal circadian rhythm (has been this way for a few years). No matter what time I go to bed I will wake at this time in the morning. Funny thing is I can drink my morning cup of coffee, cruise the forums, then fall back asleep after a couple hours. However if I do go back to sleep like this I am horribly tired and groggy through the whole day. I am fairly certain I have Sleep Apnea, and Melissa has recommended me for a Sleep Study. Insurance is currently fighting the approval and asking for a "home study" instead. My Dr wants to Peer 2 Peer and fight it. Personally I would rather just move on with the home study as my yearly deductible is currently met and the wait is going to put the bill on me.

Any recommendations on what I can might do to combat this? My Labs are all great, THS is 1.03 and has always been low. We did test IGF-1 this past blood draw and I came back with a 189 with a ref range of 75 - 216 ng/ml.

I need to set my follow up for these labs, I missed a call from you guys and have to call back to get my appointment set up.

With suspected sleep apnea, getting that sleep study (preferably in lab) is number one priority in my opinion. If there is untreated sleep apnea then everything else is moot until it is adequately treated.

Markee

I don't know about my cortisol levels even though I use Defy also but I've had bad issues falling a sleep staying a sleep and getting a good nights sleep for years. I've tried Melatonin and all kinds of other things and then by chance ran into this med called Seroquel stuff just works it never fails me.
I take 50mgs chewed up or under the tongue just when i get into bed and next thing I know I'm waking up 7hrs later stuff just works with absolutely no narcotic or lingering drowsiness side affects only affect is it makes me sleep it's been an absolute solution to my sleeping issues. Seems lots of people take it as a sleeping aid try googling Seroquel and sleep
I get it at this below link super cheap try it post some feedback interesting to see how well it works for others

https://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/c...lt/?q=Seroquel

Last edited:

ERO

I don't know about my cortisol levels even though I use Defy also but I've had bad issues falling a sleep staying a sleep and getting a good nights sleep for years. I've tried Melatonin and all kinds of other things and then by chance ran into this med called Seroquel stuff just works it never fails me.
I take 50mgs chewed up or under the tongue just when i get into bed and next thing I know I'm waking up 7hrs later stuff just works with absolutely no narcotic or lingering drowsiness side affects only affect is it makes me sleep it's been an absolute solution to my sleeping issues. Seems lots of people take it as a sleeping aid try googling Seroquel and sleep
I get it at this below link super cheap try it post some feedback interesting to see how well it works for others

https://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/c...lt/?q=Seroquel

Wow, Seroquel is an anti-psychotic used to treat Schizophrenia and has a huge list of very bad side effects. I mean, I am glad that it is helping you and that you have no sides, but it is a scary drug "on paper" at least.

Markee

Wow, Seroquel is an anti-psychotic used to treat Schizophrenia and has a huge list of very bad side effects. I mean, I am glad that it is helping you and that you have no sides, but it is a scary drug "on paper" at least.

Personally I get more sides affects from taking Melatonin the stuff makes me feel groggy crappy the next day even at very small doses and it don't really even help me sleep at 50mg Seroquel has zero sides for me just sleep like a baby natural restful sleep

A simple google search will tell you people have been taking it as a sleep aid for decades and that anti-psychotic doses are much much way higher up in the hundreds

Last edited:

HealthMan

I have cortisol issues as well. What really helps me is a LOW dose melatonin (0.5mg) 1 hour before sleep with magnesium (i use doctor’s best brand). I used a higher dose before and it didn’t work as nearly as well as a small dosage (i use pure encapsulations brand that in my opinion is the best out there). Ashwagandha also seems to help level out cortisol

ERO

I have cortisol issues as well. What really helps me is a LOW dose melatonin (0.5mg) 1 hour before sleep with magnesium (i use doctor's best brand). I used a higher dose before and it didn't work as nearly as well as a small dosage (i use pure encapsulations brand that in my opinion is the best out there). Ashwagandha also seems to help level out cortisol

I too have had success with Melatonin ONLY by using a small dose, I am currently using a 1 mg time-release. Larger doses do not work for me at all.

Personally I get more sides affects from taking Melatonin the stuff makes me feel groggy crappy the next day even at very small doses and it don't really even help me sleep at 50mg Seroquel has zero sides for me just sleep like a baby natural restful sleep

A simple google search will tell you people have been taking it as a sleep aid for decades and that anti-psychotic doses are much much way higher up in the hundreds

Interesting, without searching I would have thought this should not be used as a sleep aid.But it seems that many Dr prescribe Seroquel for sleep, anywhere from 25-50mg per night.

Markee

Markee, according what I read about Seroquel it might reduce ones sex drive and even create ED issues atleast for many. Wouldn´t Zaleplon or Zolpidem be a better option without risking the above mentioned side effects? I have no experience of neither though.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10983740

For me the drug is super mild 25 to 50mgs is like nothing if i took it in the day time it wouldn't even make me drowsy but taken before bed just seems to work consistently with absolutely no after effects at all if it affects libido i'm not feel it
Plus it's easy to get and dirt cheap

HarryCat

For me the drug is super mild 25 to 50mgs is like nothing if i took it in the day time it wouldn't even make me drowsy but taken before bed just seems to work consistently with absolutely no after effects at all if it affects libido i'm not feel it
Plus it's easy to get and dirt cheap

Markee, are you taking the XR (extended release) or the short acting version?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me