Random Spike in E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Buffbanker

I am a bit stumped on this one. Currently sitting at 1167 TT ng/dL (LabCorp) and 41 FT pg/mL which is fairly standard for me at 160 mg Test C with twice weekly injections. SBHG is typically in the mid 30’s. Although E2 management (using Sensitive assay) has been a bit elusive. At 0.50 mg twice a week of Anastrozole I was high at 47 pg/mL. Then a month later at 0.75 mg twice a week I was spot on at 24 pg/mL.

Now I have been on 0.75 mg twice a week for about two months although I just got my recent labs back and my E2 is high again at 58!

Here is the other thing that is making me now question LabCorp completely is my first reading was 277! I asked for a review of the results given that 277 is fairly implausible given TT and FT are just outside of range although E2 was at 7 times the reference range (?!) I asked if the tetracycline I was taking for acne would cause an interaction which the Lab confirmed it would not on a sensitive assay although at Nelson’s request (DiscountedLabs) they did agree to a retest. Well I just got my results back from my retest and my E2 is higher than it ever has been at 58 even with the same 0.75 mg twice a week Anastrozole dosage. So unless my E2 is able to spike almost double on the same protocol I am left scratching my head. Has anyone else has this large of fluctuations in E2 with the same protocol?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Are you testing at the same point in your cycle every time? Are any elements of your protocol changing between blood draws? And, behind all of the numbers, how are you feeling?

Buffbanker

Each set of labs have been in a trough on the same day of the week. And other than the acne I feel fine. Although acne is a high and low side for me unfortunately. I was honestly expecting my E2 to come back in the 20-30’s and I am just stumped. Although I do pretty well from 15-45 and other than minor joint popping don’t have many sides. Libido and erection quality have never suffered regardless. I have battled some water retention from day one but nothing too serious and it was still there even when I crashed my E2 down to 10 and I think it was even worse. I did drop HCG a week before my restest as I don’t really feel a difference when I was using it and honestly I feel slightly better now off of it. I wanted to rule out HCG before either chalking it up to being one of those guys more susceptible to the 11b-HSD-1 inhibition or before maybe trying a different ester like Enanthate which I know is anecdotal.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
For me the LabCorp sensitive test has proved to be erratic. Two of six measurements were about half the correct values, as confirmed by subsequent testing with both LC-MS/MS and ECLIA. I've seen that when the sensitive test is done right the ECLIA result will be 10-15% higher, consistently. If you find similar consistency in comparisons then you can rely more on the standard test, which is less prone to glitches.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@Cataceous when you find suspect results are you going back to labcorp and having them rerun your sample, or do you just start over with a new blood draw.
Nobody has mentioned the possibility of rerunning a sample. Is there enough collected to do that? Is it routine to store remaining blood from a sample? Is it ok to store it that long? Seems kind of iffy.

CoastWatcher

Nobody has mentioned the possibility of rerunning a sample. Is there enough collected to do that? Is it routine to store remaining blood from a sample? Is it ok to store it that long? Seems kind of iffy.
Depending on the length of time that has passed, it is possible to repeat certain tests from the same sample. That was done for me, here in Canada, on an SHBG test some years ago. Since I regularly traveled to the States for the sensitive e2 in the past I did ask a LabCorp staff member that question (on a general basis). I was told that the length of time that has passed is a big factor in answering that question. Consider the turn-around time with sensitive estradiol.

Fortunate

I believe tetracyclines can increase your estrogen. This is a really old thread, but curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me