Raising Pregnenolone, Progesterone and DHEA with HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Florida777

1. Anyone who has had low Pregnenolone and/or DHEA how much did adding HCG raise your levels?

Both my pregnenolone and DHEA levels are below the minimum range. And I felt like shit on testosterone only. I have recently added HCG to my protocol and want to know if anyone has seen their levels change, and by how much, after using HCG. Currently I am using 50mg Testim gel per day and 500mcg of HCG EOD.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
We have been chatting about this a lot. You may want to read these.

But I do not think anyone (including me) has really gotten a lab test panel like this one before and after a few weeks of using 500 IU hCG three times per week, a dose that has been shown to increase at least OH-17-progesterone in men on TRT. I just went through an oral pregnenolone experiment and now about to do one with hCG + TRT to measure its effect on upstream hormones.

Florida777

I really appreciate your response. Ive been using discountedlabs for years. Well ill gladly be the first to post my lab results from before and after hcg. Both my dhea and preg were extremely low. My progesterone was still within range however i got that tested separately a while back. In 4 to 6 weeks ill post my preg, dhea, and progesterone. I will also detail my previous protocols and symptoms. If there are any other labs or info you are interested in seeing let me know.
We have been chatting about this a lot. You may want to read these.

But I do not think anyone (including me) has really gotten a lab test panel like this one before and after a few weeks of using 500 IU hCG three times per week, a dose that has been shown to increase at least OH-17-progesterone in men on TRT. I just went through an oral pregnenolone experiment and now about to do one with hCG + TRT to measure its effect on upstream hormones.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In 4 to 6 weeks ill post my preg, dhea, and progesterone. I will also detail my previous protocols and symptoms. If there are any other labs or info you are interested in seeing let me know.
Thanks for doing that!
If you are looking to remain fertile while on TRT+hCG, definitely add this test:

Thanks for using my company! If you think of a test or panel that is not offered on it, please let me know. I am always thinking of new panels to create.

This is the last one I created for guys who donate blood frequently to control their hematocrit:

Gianluca

1. Anyone who has had low Pregnenaoone and/or DHEA how much did adding HCG raise your levels?

Both my pregnenolone and DHEA levels are below the minimum range. And I felt like shit on testosterone only. I have recently added HCG to my protocol and want to know if anyone has seen their levels change, and by how much, after using HCG. Currently I am using 50mg Testim gel per day and 500mcg of HCG EOD.

did you test your Pregnenolone/DHEA before starting the HCG? it would be good to compare labs after maybe two weeks or so on the HCG, see if it helps you raise those levels.

Gman86

I don’t know if I’ve ever had pregnenolone or progesterone checked while on HCG, but I’ve had DHEA-S checked every time I’ve been on it. Here are my results over the years. Preg stands for Pregnyl HCG and Emp stands for Empower pharmacy HCG. Ive never once supplemented with DHEA. My baseline DHEA-S levels have always been near the top of the range naturally for some reason. At least since I started checking it prior to getting on HRT when I started having low T symptoms. First time I ever checked it in my life was 8-5-15

Most recent at bottom

DHEA-S - 486 (106-464) No HCG (8-5-15)

DHEA-S - 411 (106-464) No HCG

DHEA-S- 615 (106-464)Preg2Kiu

DHEA-S - 729 (106-464)Preg2Kiu

DHEA-S - 452 (106-464)Preg1Kiu

DHEA-S - 550 (106-464)Clomid

DHEA-S - 677 (106-464)

Unitedpharmacy HCG 2Kiu

DHEA-S - 869 (106-464)APS2Kiu

DHEA-S - 605 (106-464)Preg1Kiu

DHEA-S- 590(106-464)Preg600iu

DHEA-S- 572(106-464)Preg800iu

DHEA-S - 492 (106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 484 (106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 384 (106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 446(106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 479(106-464)EMPHCG

DHEA-S - 465 (106-464) NO HCG

DHEA-S - 440 (106-464) No HCG

DHEA-S - 404 (106-464) No HCG (11-2-19)

DHEA-S - 632 (138.5-475.2) No HCG, 200mg Nandrolone, 84mg test per week (8-31-20)

DHEA-S - 433 (33-416) No HCG (1-25-21)

DHEA-S - 435 (33-416) No HCG (6-24-21)

Last edited:

Florida777

I don’t know if I’ve ever had pregnenolone or progesterone checked while on HCG, but I’ve had DHEA-S checked every time I’ve been on it. Here are my results over the years. Preg stands for Pregnyl HCG and Emp stands for Empower pharmacy HCG. Ive never once supplemented with DHEA. My baseline DHEA-S levels have always been near the top of the range naturally for some reason. At least since I started checking it prior to getting on HRT when I started having low T symptoms. First time I ever checked it in my life was 8-5-15

Most recent at bottom

DHEA-S - 486 (106-464) No HCG (8-5-15)

DHEA-S - 411 (106-464) No HCG

DHEA-S- 615 (106-464)Preg2Kiu

DHEA-S - 729 (106-464)Preg2Kiu

DHEA-S - 452 (106-464)Preg1Kiu

DHEA-S - 550 (106-464)Clomid

DHEA-S - 677 (106-464)

Unitedpharmacy HCG 2Kiu

DHEA-S - 869 (106-464)APS2Kiu

DHEA-S - 605 (106-464)Preg1Kiu

DHEA-S- 590(106-464)Preg600iu

DHEA-S- 572(106-464)Preg800iu

DHEA-S - 492 (106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 484 (106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 384 (106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 446(106-464)EmpHCG

DHEA-S - 479(106-464)EMPHCG

DHEA-S - 465 (106-464) NO HCG

DHEA-S - 440 (106-464) No HCG

DHEA-S - 404 (106-464) No HCG (11-2-19)

DHEA-S - 632 (138.5-475.2) No HCG, 200mg Nandrolone, 84mg test per week (8-31-20)

DHEA-S - 433 (33-416) No HCG (1-25-21)

DHEA-S - 435 (33-416) No HCG (6-24-21)
Thank you for the response. You are a lucky guy, your ranges look great. My last DHEA-S level was 69 (106-464) and pregnanolone was 24 (22-237) however my last pregnanolone test was a few months ago and my dhea-s at that time was 96 so if they correlate then my pregnenolone has most likely fallen lower as well. I see you have run HCG/Preg at different dosages. What if any differences did you feel at those dosages? Also, if you ever had testicular shrinkage how long did it take to reverse?

Florida777

That is crazy! how old are you? What does your doctor say about that?
Are you asking me? If so, im 32 and my doctor wasnt concerned about my dhea/preg levels. They dont have many HRT patients. However, I asked if I could try Pregnyl because I felt my protocol simply wasnt working for me for a lot of reasons. So far adding Pregnyl has been an absolutely great decision. Within a few days everything just go so much better. I am currently switching to a new doctor with more experience with HRT.

Gman86

Thank you for the response. You are a lucky guy, your ranges look great. My last DHEA-S level was 69 (106-464) and pregnanolone was 24 (22-237) however my last pregnanolone test was a few months ago and my dhea-s at that time was 96 so if they correlate then my pregnenolone has most likely fallen lower as well. I see you have run HCG/Preg at different dosages. What if any differences did you feel at those dosages? Also, if you ever had testicular shrinkage how long did it take to reverse?
Idk about lucky lol, I still have quite a bit of brain fog, and my guess is my high DHEA-S levels have something to do with it. It just doesn’t seem normal for DHEA-S levels to be this high naturally, especially on TRT. Makes me think something with my adrenals are out of whack. Maybe there’s a chance I just have naturally high levels and it’s a positive thing and theirs no negatives to it, but my gut tells me otherwise

I have rock bottom preg levels tho. So definitely not “lucky” in that department lol

It’s hard for me to say how I felt at different dosages. Just because the rest of my protocol would usually change a bit as well. Now HCG dose nothing for me. It’s like injecting water. And that’s reflected in the fact that it doesn’t raise my DHEA-S levels anymore. Idk if it has to do with only certain brands of HCG working for me, or if I just don’t respond to it anymore. Years back when HCG would increase my DHEA-S levels, I would definitely notice my testicles get back to pre-TRT size, there would be noticeably more ejaculate when I finish, orgasms were better, sensitivity was better, penis would hang better while flaccid. Don’t really remember any mental benefits. And cant think of any negatives, at least when I was running it between 500-1000iu’s/ week total along with my TRT. I did HCG mono for a few years at the beginning of my journey, and I remember libido being through the roof, but nipples would itch like crazy!!! They itched so bad that I would scratch them until they would bleed. Had to put tape over them before I would put a shirt on. Ended up starting to get gyno in one of my nipples. Luckily I took a bunch of ai and it went away, and then stopped the HCG mono shortly after

Again, no HCG has zero effect on my testicle size. Back when HCG did something for me, I think my testicles would come back after a week or two. No more than 2 weeks for sure

Last edited:

Gman86

That is crazy! how old are you? What does your doctor say about that?
I’m 34. Will be 35 in a couple months. No idea why my DHEA-S levels are this high naturally. My gut tells me it’s not a good thing, and it might be an issue with my adrenals being out of whack

Anytime I’ve had a consult with my clinic they just look at it as a good thing and something that doesn’t need to be addressed.

I know cortisol and DHEA-S have an inverse relationship, so I’ve always thought that maybe my brain fog is due to low cortisol. It seems lowish whenever I get it tested. The problem is I’m not willing to take any pharmaceuticals that raise cortisol on a continual basis. I don’t even want to touch them in the short term. I just try to be as healthy as I can when it comes to my diet, keeping stress low, exercising regularly and optimizing sleep, and hoping that if there is an adrenal issue, that it eventually corrects itself without me having to take any pharmaceuticals.

Florida777

Idk about lucky lol, I still have quite a bit of brain fog, and my guess is my high DHEA-S levels have something to do with it. It just doesn’t seem normal for DHEA-S levels to be this high naturally, especially on TRT. Makes me think something with my adrenals are out of whack. Maybe there’s a chance I just have naturally high levels and it’s a positive thing and theirs no negatives to it, but my gut tells me otherwise

I have rock bottom preg levels tho. So definitely not “lucky” in that department lol

It’s hard for me to say how I felt at different dosages. Just because the rest of my protocol would usually change a bit as well. Now HCG dose nothing for me. It’s like injecting water. And that’s reflected in the fact that it doesn’t raise my DHEA-S levels anymore. Idk if it has to do with only certain brands of HCG working for me, or if I just don’t respond to it anymore. Years back when HCG would increase my DHEA-S levels, I would definitely notice my testicles get back to pre-TRT size, there would be noticeably more ejaculate when I finish, orgasms were better, sensitivity was better, penis would hang better while flaccid. Don’t really remember any mental benefits. And cant think of any negatives, at least when I was running it between 500-1000iu’s/ week total along with my TRT. I did HCG mono for a few years at the beginning of my journey, and I remember libido being through the roof, but nipples would itch like crazy!!! They itches so bad that I would scratch them until they would bleed. Had to put tape over them before I would put a shirt on. Ended up starting to get gyno in one of my nipples. Luckily I took a bunch of ai and it went away, and then stopped the HCG mono shortly after

Again, no HCG has zero effect on my testicle size. Back when HCG did something for me, I think my testicles would come back after a week or two. No more than 2 weeks for sure
This was a very informative response, thank you.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Old but great study.

effect of hcg on upstream hormones.jpg

Abstract. The effects of a single im injection of human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) (40 IU/Kg) on circulating testosterone precursor levels ₐt 0, 1\p=n-\6, 24, 48 and 72 h were examined in normal young adults (mean age 34 years) and normal aged men (mean age 74 years). Basal 08.30\p=n-\09.00 h concentrations of androstenedione and dehydro- epiandrosterone were lower in aged men while progesterone levels were not significantly different from young men. A significant biphasic increase of circulating progesterone was observed in young men, characterized by an early peak at 2 h (33% above basal) and a secondary peak at 24 h (49% above basal). In old men there were no increases in circulating progesterone levels following hCG treatment during the
early (1\p=n-\6 h) or late (24\p=n-\72 h) periods. There were not discernable increases in circulating dehydroepiandrosterone levels following hCG administration in both groups of men. Androstenedione levels in young men did not change during the first
6 h following hCG but increased significantly at 48 and 72 h, while in old men there was a small peak at 4 h (which was not statistically significant) and a secondary significant rise at 48 and 72 h. However, early and late stimulated absolute levels for androstenedione were lower in the aged population. Thus, there are differences in precursor concentrations in the basal state and in response to hCG in aged men.
hormone cascade 3.JPG

hcg effect on progesterone.jpg

hcg effect on DHEA.jpg

hcg effect on androstenedione.jpg

Attachments

• hcg effect on upstream hormones.pdf
    580.8 KB · Views: 70

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Progesterone, androstenedione and DHEA after hCG injections(three times per week)
progesterone hcg.jpg

Last edited:

JA Battle

I’m 34. Will be 35 in a couple months. No idea why my DHEA-S levels are this high naturally. My gut tells me it’s not a good thing, and it might be an issue with my adrenals being out of whack

Anytime I’ve had a consult with my clinic they just look at it as a good thing and something that doesn’t need to be addressed.

I know cortisol and DHEA-S have an inverse relationship, so I’ve always thought that maybe my brain fog is due to low cortisol. It seems lowish whenever I get it tested. The problem is I’m not willing to take any pharmaceuticals that raise cortisol on a continual basis. I don’t even want to touch them in the short term. I just try to be as healthy as I can when it comes to my diet, keeping stress low, exercising regularly and optimizing sleep, and hoping that if there is an adrenal issue, that it eventually corrects itself without me having to take any pharmaceuticals.
Pregnenolone is an important neurosteroid and a deficiency could definitely lead to brain fog. Have you attempted to supplement pregnenolone? Maybe you have high cortisol and that is why you convert most of your pregnenolone to dhea. The body is attempting to deal with the cortisol.

If I was on the amount of test/deca you have used I would be 220 lbs from my natty weight of 180 and if I remember correctly you are still on the lighter side. This speaks to me as catabolism from cortisol.

How is your appetite? What do you eat for calories?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me