Questions on Quest Testosterone, Free (Dialysis)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Zooka15

So, I started getting the Testosterone, Free (Dialysis) done at Quest, I read on this forum and else where it is the most accurate test to have. What I'm confused about is the range. Most experts on this forum state Free T should be between 20-30ng/dL. On the recommended Quest test the range is 35-155pg/ml. So if my results came back as 150pg/ml on this quest test, would that convert to 15ng/dl? which would be below the 20-30, but it is actually the high end on the quest scale of 35-155pg/ml. So I guess I just don't know what is optimal from this test then.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
As you've seen there's no harmonization yet, so you can only directly compare results from the same test at the same lab. You can do an indirect comparison by seeing where results fall relative to their respective reference ranges. For example, you might say that your result of 150 pg/mL is at 96% of the reference range.

If you're looking for a target range then it's better to consider a healthy normal reference range. For Vermeulen calculated free T this is about 10-20 ng/dL. For Tru-T it's 16-31 ng/dL. Don't hold me to it, but I think I once estimated the equivalent range for this Quest dialysis test to be about 95-155 pg/mL. In any case, it's fair to say that your measurement of 150 pg/mL is plenty high and with it you would have leeway for a reduction.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The range does not really matter as long as free T is equal to greater than 2% of total T and Total T is above at least 450 ng/dL .

As your T goes up, so should your free T amount and percent (up to a certain point). SHBG decreases with as T dose increases.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me