Question on injection method (IM in quads)

Buy Lab Tests Online

TestQuest22

I am doing my second-ever self administration into my quad shortly. My doctor's nurse advised that I should try to "bunch up" some of the muscle/meat in my thigh and inject into that, but that almost feels like it makes my injection more of a shallow IM since I'm not the leanest guy (21% BF) and I was given 1" 23 gauge needles.

Thoughts?

I've seen other people recommend a "spread" method, where you use your thumb and index to somewhat thin out / spread the fat in your injection site (for lack of a better explanation). Do any of you do anything of the sort?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

There are lots of different injection sites available to you without you having to use those large harpoon needles. Sounds like you are trying to inject deep into the muscle which is not necessary. Shallow IM and SubQ both are good protocols. I've injected both shallow IM and SubQ with a 29 ga 1/2" syringe. I have used the "spread method" but I did not feel it was necessary for me since I am pretty lean at about 10% body fat.

Needles are cheap. Toss those harpoons. Those will leave some real scar tissue after a period of time. While I use a 29 ga 1/2" syringe, many use from 27 ga up to 31 ga. You can pick up 100 syringes for around $15. I use the EasyTouch brand personally.

canaleshome

I’ve done both spread and bunch. Prefer bunch to stab the needle in. This link was helpful in injecting in quad easily. I used to inject on 90 degree angle into quad and had some pain with it. After watching this video and angling my needle, I haven’t felt it yet.

BJE

This doesn’t answer your question but I inject subconsciously with 31g 6mm .5ml insulin syringe twice a week. I only injected IM with a large needle about twice before I decided that wasn’t for me. I’ve been doing subconscious injections for about eight years.

TestQuest22

I’ve done both spread and bunch. Prefer bunch to stab the needle in. This link was helpful in injecting in quad easily. I used to inject on 90 degree angle into quad and had some pain with it. After watching this video and angling my needle, I haven’t felt it yet.

That's a helpful video. Thanks for sharing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me