Question about t3 and t4

Buy Lab Tests Online

MNguy

If t3 is the active thyroid hormone, then what would be the point of even taking t4? I ask because I have been on t3 only treatment since beginning HRT due to high RT3. Wondering if I could benefit from adding in a little t4 to my protocol. T4 is usually at the bottom end of normal or just slightly low on labs. As always, any insight is much appreciated!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

I had the same question. My doctors answer was that there may be something else that T4 does that is beneficial, so may as well keep it within the normal range.

Gman86

There is a possibility that T4 does something beneficial that T3 doesn’t. But most likely the main benefit is just that T4 is like a reserve to pull from when it’s needed. T3 is fast acting and gets used up quick, and if it’s used up and the body needs more thyroid hormone, it’s beneficial to have a constant reserve to always be able to pull from, that the body can then convert to T3 as needed

It might be similar to how low SHBG men seem to have more problems thatn moderate to high SHBG men do. SHBG acts as a time release for the testosterone in ur system. So men that have a healthy supply of test for longer periods of time tend to do better than men with low SHBG levels and the test in their system doesn’t stick around as long and gets used up quicker.

HealthConscious

Search youtube for Dr. Ken Berry with thyroid. I've seen 2 or 3 good ones by him including options to the synthetic T4, and the blood work parameters needed for a good diagnosis. T3 can be off due to issues in the gut or liver also.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me