Question about iron and ferritin while on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mr.63

Hey guys.

So after reading a while on the forum i stumbled on a few topics about iron and ferretin and what were some symptoms when this is low.

I have never donated blood. I do notice the longer i am on trt, i have the feeling i feel my heart beat heavier, sometimes shortness of breath wich is the last to weeks a little more pronounced what i thought was from a to high of a dose. Now im doubting it has something to do with iron..
Also my energy seems drop the longer i am on trt.

So i checked my bloodwork over the years and saw that ferretine and iron indeed have been lowered significantly

The oldest result i could find was from 2019. This blood was taken a few weeks after an injection(needed low T levels for legal trt)
-Iron 214 (33-193)
-ferretine 204 (30-400)

The most recent i could find was from august 2021
- Iron 75 (33-193)
- Ferretine 98 (30-400)

- Would i benefit from taking iron?
- Can i take iron without the loading period of 5/6 days since my ferretine is still around 100?
- What would be a good daily dose?

Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

The oldest result i could find was from 2019. This blood was taken a few weeks after an injection(needed low T levels for legal trt)
-Iron 214 (33-193)
-ferretine 204 (30-400)
These are normal for YOU.
The most recent i could find was from august 2021
- Iron 75 (33-193)
- Ferretine 98 (30-400)
These are NOT. My endo told me TRT uses more iron than someone not on replacement therapy and this is why your iron and ferritin are lower, through the creation of more red cells.

I have the same problem, on TRT I need iron supplements, off TRT I need none. I had all the same symptoms as you.

Can i take iron without the loading period of 5/6 days since my ferretine is still around 100?
Large doses should be reserved for those with very low iron. I would start low and go slow, 50 mg elemental iron.

Last edited:

Mr.63

These are NOT. My endo told me TRT uses more iron than someone not on replacement therapy and this is why your iron and ferritin are lower, through the creation of more red cells.

I have the same problem, on TRT I need iron supplements, off TRT I need none. I had all the same symptoms as you.

Large doses should be reserved for those with very low iron. I would start low and go slow, 50 mg elemental iron

Large doses should be reserved for those with very low iron. I would start low and go slow, 50 mg elemental iron.
Thank you systemlord.
Maybe stupid question but is this something i can take like 50mg all at once in the morning or is it better to do morning dose and evening dose?

And is iron bisglycinate good?

Systemlord

Thank you systemlord.
Maybe stupid question but is this something i can take like 50mg all at once in the morning or is it better to do morning dose and evening dose?

And is iron bisglycinate good?
Given your iron and ferritin levels, I would just take it all at once.

Yes, bisglycinate is the good stuff. The Vitamin Shoppe brand is really good, they have a 25 mg capsule that’s better for sensitive digestive systems and the 28 mg if GI upset is a non-issue.

Mr.63

@Systemlord

Maybe a stupid question.
Got my hand on 2 iron supps today.
One is iron bisglycinate 20mg per capsule.

The other supp says
150mg iron bisglycinate 20%, with 30mg elementary iron (214% ref.intake)

How much acctual iron bisglycinate is in the second supplement? There is no way that there is 120mg bisglycinate in one cap is there?

Ill post a picture of it.

Attachments

• 9AE74E20-8414-4D31-83A1-B6BD218B35C0.jpeg
    9AE74E20-8414-4D31-83A1-B6BD218B35C0.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 14

Systemlord

@Systemlord

Maybe a stupid question.
Got my hand on 2 iron supps today.
One is iron bisglycinate 20mg per capsule.

The other supp says
150mg iron bisglycinate 20%, with 30mg elementary iron (214% ref.intake)

How much acctual iron bisglycinate is in the second supplement? There is no way that there is 120mg bisglycinate in one cap is there?

Ill post a picture of it.
You need to choose one and stick to it. Take the bisglycinate, keeps it simple.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me