Question about estradiol

Buy Lab Tests Online

brunoreus

Hello guys,
I have made two estradiol tests in two different labs near the same dates.
Results:
33.79pg/ml with electroquimioluminiscense method (11.3-43.2 lab ranges)
49pg/ml with Fluorescence Polarization ImmunoAssay (0-75pg/ml lab ranges)
Note that the first one is a Lab that is the most respected in my country and seems to be really reliable.

So, in my country LC-MS/MS method is not available so I need you guys to help me sort this out.

This tests were made after some months of the wrong protocol (first biweekly 200mg injection and then weekly 200mg injection) considering I have low SHBG (15).

I dont have estradiol tests Pre trt, but my free T in that period after months of that protocol stood the same: 10pg/ml.
So, I know that you guys say those methods are not the most reliable ones, but if we consider theoretically they are accurate is it possible that due to my low SHBG I was excreting the T but not the converted E so it raised? Do you guys think I need AI? Or that with my actual protocol (daily injections) (been into it only 15 days yet) estrogen will go down? Or that those numbers are okay if I can simply raise my free T? Just any advice is valuable for me.
Sorry for so much questions but Im still new in these topics and want to get advice for the most experienced ones.
Thank you very much

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

slicktop

Lets back up a moment. If you had no lab numbers to look at, what are the symptoms you're experiencing that concern you?

Vince

Super Moderator
Looks like your E2 is in a good range. I wouldn't mess with it. It would probably would just cause you issues, low estrogen is worse than high estrogen.

brunoreus

Lets back up a moment. If you had no lab numbers to look at, what are the symptoms you're experiencing that concern you?
Well I have sensitive nipples and fat accumulates around the nipples, but that was already there even before TRT, erectile dysfunction, poor libido, but all those all also symptoms of low T as well, so its confusing for me.
The hypothesis that I was wondering in my head is that I already had high estrogen before starting TRT (because of little gyno and sensitive nipples before starting it) but if you guys think those values are good even after months of wrong protocol trt for my shbg, that hypothesis makes no sense at all, maybe its simply hypogonadism overlapping symptoms.
Again, correct me if im mistaken in any concept, im new into these topics!

brunoreus

Looks like your E2 is in a good range. I wouldn't mess with it. It would probably would just cause you issues, low estrogen is worse than high estrogen.
Ok, you would consider that is in good range even if it is not LC-MS/MS? Because when I read the forum guys are almost stating that all the other testing methods are wrong. Thanks

Vince

Super Moderator
Ok, you would consider that is in good range even if it is not LC-MS/MS? Because when I read the forum guys are almost stating that all the other testing methods are wrong. Thanks
In your case, it's the only testing that's available to you. So I would definitely use it. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

pmgamer18

The E2 type test you did show most men high when in fact doing an E2 sanative test you would get true result for men.

But do to how your feeling try this supplement called DIM.

https://www.energeticnutrition.com/energetic-nutrition/dim-pro-estrogen-metabolizer.html

back in the day when all that was out there is the E2 test your using.

Taking DIM then first thing to come back was my morning wood and my nipples got better and the flashing went away.
pmgamer18

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The guys pushing the sensitive, mass spectrometry-based estradiol tests have good intentions, but the situation is more complex than it sounds, and everyone should know a little about the tradeoffs.

A sensitive test is capable of being very accurate provided it's done perfectly. But the equipment and methods are quite complicated and finicky, leading to a relatively high rate of very large errors. For example, 30% of my sensitive results have had no relationship with reality.

The non-sensitive, standard immunoassay tests are simple and idiot-proof, highly reliable and repeatable. The problem is that their specificity is lacking—other substances can falsely elevate the readings. Most guys should find these effects are small, maybe a pretty consistent five or 10 percent elevation.

The ideal situation is to use both methods, at least initially, until a pattern is clear. After performing this "calibration", I now rely exclusively on the non-sensitive test.

slicktop

It's really based on the individual. In my opinion, the best thing you can do it to keep track of your symptoms and experiment with the AI a bit once you're on the same t dosing for at least a couple months. These days, I can *tolerate* my E2 being in the mid 30's, but when I start taking AI regularly and get my E2 back down, I feel significantly better. I also completely agree with the DIM suggestion above- it's almost impossible for DIM to cause any problems as it's less aggressive and works differently than an AI does.

brunoreus

The non-sensitive, standard immunoassay tests are simple and idiot-proof, highly reliable and repeatable. The problem is that their specificity is lacking—other substances can falsely elevate the readings. Most guys should find these effects are small, maybe a pretty consistent five or 10 percent elevation.
But in that case, the sensitive usually measures a lower estradiol than the other tests, so in my case i shouldnt be concerned because I dont have a super high e2 according to those

brunoreus

The E2 type test you did show most men high when in fact doing an E2 sanative test you would get true result for men.

But do to how your feeling try this supplement called DIM.

https://www.energeticnutrition.com/energetic-nutrition/dim-pro-estrogen-metabolizer.html

back in the day when all that was out there is the E2 test your using.

Taking DIM then first thing to come back was my morning wood and my nipples got better and the flashing went away.
pmgamer18
Ok I may try that supplement, its supposed to lower estrogen in a less agressive way that AI?

brunoreus

Also, isnt it possible that the nipple sensitivity, little gyno, etc is caused in fact by low free T and therefore poor T:E ratio?
And also is it possible that my E went a little higher because i have low SHBG so I am hyper excreting and hyper converting?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
After a long time the E2 sensitive at Labcorp is working.
pmgamer18
I don't think so. Check out these results:

ESTRADIOL SENSITIVE 7 (8-35)---NONE
ESTRADIOL 50.3 (7.6-42.6)---NONE

These are LabCorp ranges, and they can't both be right. He's on 140 mg cypionate per week, some hCG and no AI. The sensitive test is probably very wrong.

But in that case, the sensitive usually measures a lower estradiol than the other tests, so in my case i shouldnt be concerned because I dont have a super high e2 according to those
Yes, that is correct.

slicktop

Ok I may try that supplement, its supposed to lower estrogen in a less agressive way that AI?
So, in a nutshell, DIM helps clear estrogen from your system after it's been created, while an AI like anastrozole reduces how much estrogen you convert from testosterone.

pmgamer18

Even with labs I go by how I feel when high I even breakout in a rash under my arms and between my little toe on my right foot and I have no wood.
pmgamer18

brunoreus

For sure (sypmtoms) I have a problem with the T and E ratio. Maybe I should try raising free T which until the moment I couldnt (10pg/ml) and see if that fixes it rather than messing with estrogen.
Or with those numbers I got I should be concerned with e2 also? (Remember those e2 numbers are after months of 200mg/week T injections. However I dont feel worse than before starting Trt, I feel exactly the same)

Mcgiver54

Since this question is always a hot topic on here, I did both tests at the same time to see how far apart they were, Royal paid for the non-sensitive and I paid cash for the sensitive in the same blood draw:
ESTRADIOL, SENSITIVE 22.6 PG/ML 8.0-35.0 02
Methodology: Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry(LC/MS/MS)

Estradiol 20.9 pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6 01
Roche ECLIA methodology

Pretty close, I expected to see more of a difference but am happy I did not. I feel my E2 is still too low in relation to my T of 1200 so I am working to get it higher.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me