Purchase hormones via GoodRX

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dryheat

I've been on TRT for approximately 2-1/2 years, with a set protocol for about 2 years, save only the recent addition of nandrolone for joint paint. My journey has been as close to perfect as I think possible. At this point I am looking to reduce my cost by purchasing my supplies through GoodRX. The problem is that my clinic, and every other clinic I've inquired with, requires the products be purchased through them.

Does anyone have an recommendations for virtual clinics that will write scripts to out-of-state pharmacies?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

slicktop

I've been on TRT for approximately 2-1/2 years, with a set protocol for about 2 years, save only the recent addition of nandrolone for joint paint. My journey has been as close to perfect as I think possible. At this point I am looking to reduce my cost by purchasing my supplies through GoodRX. The problem is that my clinic, and every other clinic I've inquired with, requires the products be purchased through them.

Does anyone have an recommendations for virtual clinics that will write scripts to out-of-state pharmacies?
You're not going to find that. The only way you're going to be able to go the GoodRx route is through your GP or a urologist.

Dryheat

Defy Medial comes to mind. They have routinely called in prescriptions to my local pharmacy. They're in Tampa, FL and I'm near Dallas, TX.
Nope, that's who I've been with since the start. Great practice, absolutely nothing but rave reviews from me. If I knew someone who was contemplating TRT, this is who I would send them to. I simply believe I'm on a protocol that works with minimal fussing and I would like to save 2/3 on my test by buying through my pharmacy.

HarryCat2

I was once with a TRT practitioner that would give me scripts to take to my local pharamacy, but he charged about 3 times what Defy charges for consults. TRT clinics need to make a profit one way or the other, and it seems the business model almost all have settled on is keeping consult prices on the lower side and making some profit from the meds.

52hoosier

I am with Defy. Defy will charge you for a prescription outside of Empower, Hallandale, etc. My PCP has written prescriptions for me for same meds to use at local pharmacies. Saved me a bunch on drug costs and shipping.

Defy Medial comes to mind. They have routinely called in prescriptions to my local pharmacy. They're in Tampa, FL and I'm near Dallas, TX.
Defy is my clinic too, and my consultant flat out refused to do that for me. He gave me the song-and-dance about legal issues, which I had already investigated and eliminated prior to asking.

One of the toughest things with TRT and the medical community is getting a Dr to prescribe T if you're not "low" by the numbers. This is where TRT clinics save the day because they treat/prescribe symptoms. I got lucky with a local Urologist but unlucky with insurance. Anyway, for those who aren't as lucky with a Urologist/Endo/PCP at the beginning of their TRT quest and have to go the route of a TRT clinic, I've read several accounts whereby Urologists and PCPs will accept your TRT clinic's diagnosis/treatment. Using Good Rx, my monthly T Cyp costs about $8.00 out of pocket private pay (i.e. uncovered by insurance). I administer 100mg/week.

VacationMan

Defy is my clinic too, and my consultant flat out refused to do that for me. He gave me the song-and-dance about legal issues, which I had already investigated and eliminated prior to asking.
Defy does charge a fee for calling a prescription into a pharmacy local to you. I'd call back and ask to speak with a different consultant. Get in contact with Melissa or Michael (they're both Dr. Saya's PAs) - those two are awesome to work with. If Christee were still there, she would do this for you in a heartbeat.

Vman

Defy does charge a fee for calling a prescription into a pharmacy local to you. I'd call back and ask to speak with a different consultant. Get in contact with Melissa or Michael (they're both Dr. Saya's PAs) - those two are awesome to work with. If Christee were still there, she would do this for you in a heartbeat.
Defy will not call in prescriptions for Testosterone to a local pharmacy unless it is in Florida. They will only call in non-controlled substance prescriptions to a local pharmacy for a fee that are out of state.

I have the same issue with them. I used to use GoodRx at my local pharmacy for T Cyp and it cost me roughly $12/mo. My doc recently retired so I switched to Defy and now my compounded T Cyp costs significantly more through Empower.

Defy will not call in prescriptions for Testosterone to a local pharmacy unless it is in Florida. They will only call in non-controlled substance prescriptions to a local pharmacy for a fee that are out of state.

I have the same issue with them. I used to use GoodRx at my local pharmacy for T Cyp and it cost me roughly $12/mo. My doc recently retired so I switched to Defy and now my compounded T Cyp costs significantly more through Empower.
Curious why your Dr. didn't transfer or refer you to another Dr so you could continue with GoodRx?

Vman

Curious why your Dr. didn't transfer or refer you to another Dr so you could continue with GoodRx?
My doc was a general physician that was mentored by Dr. Neal Rouzier so he started offering TRT to his patients several years ago. He was an amazing doc that would have gladly transferred my prescription to another doc, but there just aren't many docs that offer TRT to their patients that are not part of a specialized clinic (either anti-aging or hormone replacement).

Haven't seen any activity here for awhile, so I thought I'd stir it again hoping maybe somebody's found something new or maybe somebody new to the board knows something the rest of us haven't found yet.

Time to restock my T again, and again I feel like we're being held hostage. Currently (just checked - see attachments) I can get my Test Cyp through a local pharmacy with GoodRX for less than 25% of what Defy charges. That's for one 10ml vial of 200mg/ml. By two or more with GoodRX and the difference is even greater. Even the most expensive GoodRX option is still only about 60% of what I get gouged for at Defy. If I wasn't already paying Defy for the medical consultations, this would not bother me so much - they have to make money for what they do. But I do pay them, and while there's no bargain in their rates, I'm ok with that because I chose them for their expertise and reputation. I did not choose their pharmacy and I resent not having a choice when the difference is so staggering.

And again, if anybody's going to mindlessly babble about what can and cannot be done across state lines, check first. I did, and where I'm located (AZ), there is no problem with this prescription being called in from out of state. I was told opioids and narcotics get lots of attention and would likely would not be permitted, but Test would not be an issue. I also contacted the Florida Attorney General's office, got bounced all over the place and was put on hold and disconnected more times than I remember, but stuck with it and was eventually told essentially the same thing - we don't like seeing narcotics and the like being prescribed that way, but "...reasonable..." quantities of Testosterone are fine.

I would even pay the fee somebody mentioned earlier, as long as it was reasonable, to have my script called in locally, but even that is totally unjustified. They have to send the script to somebody and I just don't see why it would matter 'which' somebody - it's still just typically a fax.

Attachments

• goodrx.JPG
    goodrx.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 44
  • defy.JPG
    defy.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 41

slicktop

I can understand the frustration, but since I'm on compounded enanthate and nandrolone, I wouldn't find a pharma equivalent anyways.

I can understand the frustration, but since I'm on compounded enanthate and nandrolone, I wouldn't find a pharma equivalent anyways.
Even at that, Empower and Hallendale are not the only compounding pharmacies. They're not on every street corner like CVS/Walgreens/Walmart/ect, but there's usually one within reasonable driving distance given these are infrequent purchases. I have a compounding pharmacy relatively close to me that I get my trimix from. Cost from Defy - $120 plus shipping. Cost from my pharmacy - $74.86 including tax for the same thing. Unfortunately, that doctor doesn't feel confident enough about HRT to prescribe my testosterone.

52hoosier

My wife and I have been with Defy for a few years and we have recommended them to many others. However, my new CNP also does HRT. We are contemplating dropping Defy and getting our treatment through her. The big reason is cost. Our CNP only wants annual blood work which will save us about $700 - $800/year. If we get our scripts locally, another big savings. Other than prescription costs, I have no real complaint with Defy.

My wife and I have been with Defy for a few years and we have recommended them to many others. However, my new CNP also does HRT. We are contemplating dropping Defy and getting our treatment through her. The big reason is cost. Our CNP only wants annual blood work which will save us about $700 - $800/year. If we get our scripts locally, another big savings. Other than prescription costs, I have no real complaint with Defy.
While I can't say I'm thrilled with Defy from the medical practice side, I am generally satisfied with that part. I am however extremely frustrated with being locked into a pharmacy of their choice for no other apparent reason than just a cash grab.

jcmaxwell

For a nominal $35 fee, you can have Defy call in a prescription to your pharmacy of choice. Use GoodRx there.
Not true. The 35 dollar fee does not apply to testosterone, nandrolone, and hCG. I spoke directly with Defy’s General Manager, who said that the Medical Director does not want to support writing prescriptions for hormones.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me