Pullup Bar for Home

Buy Lab Tests Online

PapiChulo

Does anybody regularly use at home and hence have a good recommendation for a home pull-up bar that is built solid, can sustain weight over 250 lbs (I weigh 220#) and will not do damage to the door frame? I prefer not to drill holes to attach the bar, opting instead for the type that slides over the horizontal door frame post. My present pullup bar has run its life, and did damage to my door frame. Ive already checked Amazon and Dicks Sporting, with reviews being all over the place, some complaining of my concern as well, others requiring hardware. I train at the gym regularly but also do pullups at home for back development and stretching my vertebral discs

Thanks

Attachments

• C85E2942-D580-4C9B-BD3A-B989CD17DA67.jpeg
    C85E2942-D580-4C9B-BD3A-B989CD17DA67.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 42
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do have two pull up bars that I use regularly. Of course they're great for doing pull-ups and chin-ups. I also like using them for ab exercises.

One of them I made with plumbing iron pipes that I hang from the rafters in the basement. I made this one about 45 years ago and modified it over the years. Works excellent. The second one I bought through the internet about 11 years ago. It's self-standing and also works excellent. When I have time I'll try to find the manufacturer for you and post it.

Guided_by_Voices

I have one of the free-standing ones that is a combination pull-up and dip station. If you have the space and budget it is a really good option. You can also use ring-style handles if you have something overhead to attach to. I also have one of the door-based ones that does not attach but it will certainly stress the door-frame and drywall. If you have trees nearby with solid branches you may also be able to attach something like rings.

PapiChulo

I do have two pull up bars that I use regularly. Of course they're great for doing pull-ups and chin-ups. I also like using them for ab exercises.

One of them I made with plumbing iron pipes that I hang from the rafters in the basement. I made this one about 45 years ago and modified it over the years. Works excellent. The second one I bought through the internet about 11 years ago. It's self-standing and also works excellent. When I have time I'll try to find the manufacturer for you and post it.

Your basement arrangement is ideal. I have no basement, and space in the house is at a premium, hence the type of pullup bar I am seeking. Thanks though

Fernando Almaguer

I have one but hardly use it. Im 230 lbs. I bought it at wal mart-works well though.
I enjoy going to the park in the sun or doing weighted pullups at the gym. This will grown the back very big. Wish you well in your pull up journey. It is super satisfying to get stronger back and grip.

BigTex

Does anybody regularly use at home and hence have a good recommendation for a home pull-up bar that is built solid, can sustain weight over 250 lbs (I weigh 220#) and will not do damage to the door frame? I prefer not to drill holes to attach the bar, opting instead for the type that slides over the horizontal door frame post. My present pullup bar has run its life, and did damage to my door frame. Ive already checked Amazon and Dicks Sporting, with reviews being all over the place, some complaining of my concern as well, others requiring hardware. I train at the gym regularly but also do pullups at home for back development and stretching my vertebral discs

Thanks
Ever considered using resistance bands?

BigTex

I purchased bands shortly after the local gyms closed due to COVID. I used them at a local park with monkey bars and looked like a total fool. Not a good sight for a man my age but I tried.
I use to use them in training long before Covid, but dragged them out when gyms shut down here for 4 weeks. Yea, I absolutely hated using them but I guess it was better than nothing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me