PSA of 5.4

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Should I stop trt or hct?
It could be as simple as a urinary tract infection, I would have a doctor investigate.

Did you have sex within 24 hours of testing?

Last edited:

MarcoFL

What has it been running in past labs? try not to do much heavy exercise, biking or as SL said no sex day or two before and see.

steveco1234

It's been running from 1.2 to 2 the last couple of years. I hadn't had sex three days before the test. In the past I have had prostate flare up so hopefully it's just a uti. I'll test again in the next week and maybe in a month after that. Thanks -s

Jed Dorsey

Steve
There are a lot of if's when it comes to Psa I know. Im 49yo just 1yr out from total prostatectomy and my Psa never got above 1.7. So dont wait get it checked out
Hello Steve hoping all is well with your prostatectomy. What was your Gleason score?

Boss777

Hello Steve hoping all is well with your prostatectomy. What was your Gleason score?
Yes all good. Takes time to adjust to not having a prostate but there is alot to be said about being cancer free. My gleason was a 6. My cancer was not aggressive and i was given the option to just watch it. I work in the medical field and have seen to many times where watching went bad quickly. Hope this helps

Pauly_P

I would retest as you suggested in about 6 weeks, and if still elevated go see a urologist. I've been doing watchful waiting for several years. My last MRI in January was good. As Boss777 said it can go bad quickly, and each person has to decide what eventual treatment is best for them. Lots of good information on Inspire.com.

tcmi

If you have an elevated PSA and not sure why, do a 4K blood test (there is another similar test by another name). It will predict with a high degree of accuracy whether a biopsy is likely to find Gleason 7 cancer or above. Put another way, it’s a great screening tool to eliminate unnecessary biopsies. Cost was about $600

MIP1950

My latest PSA is 4.96. Emailed my urologist. Been slowly increasing for several years. I have mild BPH. Get a DRE, yearly. On or off testosterone(back on) PSA kept inching up. Also have elevated hsCRP and he believes systemic inflammation is driving up PSA. With all the supplements I take and trying to eat healthy(fish, beans, vegetables, fruit, nuts olive oil), hasn't made a difference. Inflammation also related to my bipolar illness, long term poor sleep, chronic stress.

Thought of trying saw palmetto, again. Took it when I was in my 20's for chronic prostatitis. Soon after, I couldn't get an erection. It was decades later that I read that it reduces or inhibits DHT. But I won't do anything until I hear from my urologist.

DixieWrecked

I've had some success lowering my PSA with curcumin. Some people get an anti androgenic effect from it so there is a trade off to it's anti-inflammatory effects

tcmi

Depending on your age, you would want to eliminate cancer as a possible cause. Various supplements may or may not be masking an actual issue. An MRI would be ideal if your insurance would cover it. Could also consider something like a 4K blood test (there are others) which predict cancer probabilities at biopsy (the idea is to eliminate an unnecessary biopsy). It may be nothing, but I wouldn’t just assume it’s not cancer. I had prostate cancer at 52 with a 2.6
PSA.

MIP1950

Depending on your age, you would want to eliminate cancer as a possible cause. Various supplements may or may not be masking an actual issue. An MRI would be ideal if your insurance would cover it. Could also consider something like a 4K blood test (there are others) which predict cancer probabilities at biopsy (the idea is to eliminate an unnecessary biopsy). It may be nothing, but I wouldn’t just assume it’s not cancer. I had prostate cancer at 52 with a 2.6
PSA.
Thank you. Age is 71. In the past I've had the PSA with free PSA index and the latter was low. My doctor is highly experienced and I'm going to him in two weeks. I'd never ignore it or presume it wasn't something that required attention.

My grandfather's brother died of prostate cancer. My grandfather killed himself, so what would have been his natural cause of death is moot. My father died of pancreatic cancer. Lot's of cancer on my mother's side, including her. All I can say is, 'We'll see'.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me