PSA levels on TRT - SURVEY

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TorontoTRT

That’s incorrect. If that was the case all 20 year olds would have prostate cancer. In reality it looks to be linked to hormone ratios. Older men have higher estrogen and lower testosterone, and they have the highest risk.

broker

Wrong !!! As men age, their concentration of DHT in their prostate continues to increase dispite lower T.
When blood testosterone levels reduce, older men continue to produce and accumulate high levels of DHT in the prostate that may encourage prostate cells to continue to grow.

DragonBits

Wrong !!! As men age, their concentration of DHT in their prostate continues to increase dispite lower T.
When blood testosterone levels reduce, older men continue to produce and accumulate high levels of DHT in the prostate that may encourage prostate cells to continue to grow.

I am not aware of any study that claims Intraprostatic DHT increases in older men.

What I have read is that despite serum levels of testosterone / DHT, levels within the prostate remain the same within a wide range of serum testosterone.

Even with surgical castration levels of DHT in the prostate still remain at 10-40% of what they were before castration.

jobshopper

Here is an interesting article I came across on the John Hopkins Medicine website regarding a relationship between higher testosterone levels and higher PSA levels.

rugbyhit

56 yo, no underlying medical issues. Started TRT with a total T @ 333ng/dL and free @ 10.4 pg/mL
Pre-TRT: FYI I started having monthly prostatitis issues around 2002. Symptoms were limited to major pain that mostly showed up at night...no other symptoms but the pain.
2008- .69
2009- .80
2017- .90
Feb 2007- started TRT but thru a TRT mill and was started with 400mg/wk...yes, that's not a typo! PSA jumped to 6.8! Tested again in Nov 2007 and it was 4.26!

I chalked the 6.8/4.26 up to inflammation from TRT based on some research. The interesting thing is ALL prostatitis occurrences STOPPED after starting TRT. And the leaking/not fully clearing the bladder also completely stopped, which I was experiencing starting around 2015. I even stopped TRT in 2018 and the prostatitis symptoms came raging back, only to disappear once I started again.

Once I became better educated, I experimented with the different doses for the last 3 yrs to find my ideal dose of 120 mg/wk. I have the records for all my different doses to PSA results, but basically my results have jumped around from 2.9 to 2.1 to 3.3. Most recently, on Sept 2020, it was 2.4 (down from 3.3 in June of 2020).

Throughout all the results, i have had a normal digital rectal exam. My primary physician is in favor of TRT and doesn't have much concern. Interestingly, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer just last year (early and had it removed successfully), so i have a little more worry than before.

Regardless, I'm basically in the camp of the belief that TRT will jump PSA levels and has little correlation to cancer. Still can't believe the 6.8 results didn't make me give TRT up back then!

BJE

56 yo, no underlying medical issues. Started TRT with a total T @ 333ng/dL and free @ 10.4 pg/mL
Pre-TRT: FYI I started having monthly prostatitis issues around 2002. Symptoms were limited to major pain that mostly showed up at night...no other symptoms but the pain.
2008- .69
2009- .80
2017- .90
Feb 2007- started TRT but thru a TRT mill and was started with 400mg/wk...yes, that's not a typo! PSA jumped to 6.8! Tested again in Nov 2007 and it was 4.26!

I chalked the 6.8/4.26 up to inflammation from TRT based on some research. The interesting thing is ALL prostatitis occurrences STOPPED after starting TRT. And the leaking/not fully clearing the bladder also completely stopped, which I was experiencing starting around 2015. I even stopped TRT in 2018 and the prostatitis symptoms came raging back, only to disappear once I started again.

Once I became better educated, I experimented with the different doses for the last 3 yrs to find my ideal dose of 120 mg/wk. I have the records for all my different doses to PSA results, but basically my results have jumped around from 2.9 to 2.1 to 3.3. Most recently, on Sept 2020, it was 2.4 (down from 3.3 in June of 2020).

Throughout all the results, i have had a normal digital rectal exam. My primary physician is in favor of TRT and doesn't have much concern. Interestingly, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer just last year (early and had it removed successfully), so i have a little more worry than before.

Regardless, I'm basically in the camp of the belief that TRT will jump PSA levels and has little correlation to cancer. Still can't believe the 6.8 results didn't make me give TRT up back then!
My PSA has gone from a pre TRT low of .5 to a high after eight years of TRT of 1.

M.J

Pre T: 1.4
first month : 1.68. “Or close to this”
stable state: 1.4

“New” changed protocols I also used cream from time to time
“new” reading 1.88 “ not sure if I reached stable state”

One month later: Psa 1.69

I even stopped trt at one point and test psa it again was normal 1.4 however I have changed protocol and it’s been sometime now it would be interesting to see where is it after almost 8 month from last test.

I read a paper which says a temporary increase in psa was around 0.3 for trt users then it goes back. My readings are the same.

Last edited:

M.J

2008- .69
2009- .80
2017- .90

I use to have dripping before trt but not anymore, after urinating it stops completely no dripping. Trt defiantly had good affect on my bladder.

Last edited:

M.J

What are the doctors saying about all the jumping around of the psa?
Prostate is more like sponge once you inject testosterone it get filled , psa increase to around 0.3 and stops and get back to normal. This is what I read. You can find interviews in this forum talking about it in details.

BigBamBoo

PSA prior to TRT 0.3
On TRT .04
Post TRT .03

One thing I have read that can help keep your prostate healthy is cumming regularly.

And pretty much since I was a teen I have gotten off at least once a day and when younger, general multiple times a day.

So I guess the high amount of sex and self love has paid off!

I think there is a link on this sight to that study.

madman

Super Moderator

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale