Psa help...

Buy Lab Tests Online

Giovanni73

I am concerned with my recent labs on my PSA... MY pre-TRT PSA level was .7, after 8 weeks on TRT my PSA level came back .9, then 8 more weeks later my PSA level came back as 1.0... and my recent labs showed "low" Free PSA... at (20) But the doctor told me that since my total PSA was within range 1-4, not to worry about the low Free PSA... However, this concerns me, because while my PSA has went up in only small amounts, if this keeps going up, it could get high, and added that I have a low "free" PSA, makes it worse... Could someone please help me with what to do? Does a low free PSA means that TRT is not safe for me? I did not have my "free" PSA tested before TRT, only my Total PSA, so I don not know if it has been like this for awhile or since on TRT. Thank you for the help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

How old are you? Are you having any symptoms? It is not unusual for someone having a small bump in PSA when starting TRT. This is generally not anything to be concerned about. What is your TRT protocol?

Giovanni73

How old are you? Are you having any symptoms? It is not unusual for someone having a small bump in PSA when starting TRT. This is generally not anything to be concerned about. What is your TRT protocol?
I am 45... I am on 150 mgs of Testosterone a week and 500 IU of HCG.

Giovanni73

No symptoms, but I was fine before starting this damn TRT.

Kirk001

Do a web search "PSA controversy" and you will get a ton of hits. This is not tin-foil hat stuff either, there is serious disagreement within the medical mainstream about the value of PSA testing. In short, lot of false positives, leading to lots of unnecessary worry and existential dread, leading to lots of unnecessary procedures and "treatments," and the complications and side effects that can arise from those treatments.

Everyone agress it can be a valuable test in some instances. Just that is is over-performed and over-acted upon. With this knowlege, I take my PSA test results with a large grain of salt.

Giovanni73

Do a web search "PSA controversy" and you will get a ton of hits. This is not tin-foil hat stuff either, there is serious disagreement within the medical mainstream about the value of PSA testing. In short, lot of false positives, leading to lots of unnecessary worry and existential dread, leading to lots of unnecessary procedures and "treatments," and the complications and side effects that can arise from those treatments.

Everyone agress it can be a valuable test in some instances. Just that is is over-performed and over-acted upon. With this knowlege, I take my PSA test results with a large grain of salt.

I know, I wish they never did a free PSA, just Total PSA... But one thing is for sure, my psa was fine before messing with TRT. That's a fact.

Blackhawk

I need others to verify this, but I think that your numbers are AOK because:

The free PSA is a relative percentage of your total PSA number.

You have a total PSA of 1.0, your free PSA is relative to 1.0

So, someone with a total PSA of 10.0 with the same percentage as you (20%) would have 10 times the amount of both total PSA and free PSA as you.

It seems to me that it comes down to total amounts both PSA and relative free PSA circulating numbers, not just the relative percentage under PSA of 4.0

Anyone more knowledgeable that I please correct if I am wrong.

Blackhawk

I know, I wish they never did a free PSA, just Total PSA... But one thing is for sure, my psa was fine before messing with TRT. That's a fact.

I don;t think any doctor or urologist would be significantly concerned about total PSA of 1.0.

You stated you have never had free PSA evaluated before. You are freaking out because of the free PSA. Based on total PSA of 1.0 there would be no cause to even give you a free PSA test unless you're having prostate symptoms.

I don't see any reason if you discontinue TRT that the free % will change. You have no idea what your free PSA was before you started! There is no way to attribute causation of your free PSA level to TRT.

Only way to find out is to discontinue then get tested again. Personally I would not, but If you do, please report back.

I don't know your reasons for starting TRT, but this seems like throwing out the baby with the bathwater, especially if you did have low T by the numbers plus symptoms. There is more and more evidence that prostate cancer is associated with low Testosterone levels, including that risk increases as a man gets older and his testosterone levels decrease. This is correlation, not causation, but it is compelling.

Last edited:

Giovanni73

I need others to verify this, but I think that your numbers are AOK because:

The free PSA is a relative percentage of your total PSA number.

You have a total PSA of 1.0, your free PSA is relative to 1.0

So, someone with a total PSA of 10.0 with the same percentage as you (20%) would have 10 times the amount of both total PSA and free PSA as you.

It seems to me that it comes down to total amounts both PSA and relative free PSA circulating numbers, not just the relative percentage under PSA of 4.0

Anyone more knowledgeable that I please correct if I am wrong.

Thank you so much for explaining that. My lab had my Free PSA as "low" but doctor told me not to worry, but how can I not?

Systemlord

There's so much clinical experience that one can almost say with certainty that testosterone has little to no effect on the prostate and its connection to prostate cancer. In my opinion PSA is unimportant test as it relates to testosterone, prostate cancer is an older mans diseases which is thought to occur from low testosterone and elevated estrogen as we age, or rather being estrogen dominate.

The same can be said about women with breast cancer, it occurs in women well into menopause, which is much more prevalent in women 40-60 years of age. I believe hormones out of balance leads to some diseases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4709428/
While early studies demonstrated a positive association between testosterone and prostate cancer, evidence on the nature of the relationship has evolved with time and newer data. Studies examining links between baseline testosterone levels as well as testosterone therapy and incident prostate cancer, reveal a more complex relationship. Moreover, investigators have reported their initial experiences with supplementing testosterone in men with a history of both treated and untreated prostate cancer.

Blackhawk

doctor told me not to worry, but how can I not?

LOL, it comes down to personality, working on one's own psyche, and life experience. Some are more prone to worry that others, some learn to manage stress and worry (myself included, still working on that, having great success with meditation and being mindful of my own emotional reactions to stress (TRT actually has really helped too. Prior to good hormone replacement, I was psychologically a worrying wreck). And, once you've been through enough medical rodeos and still survive, the next one becomes yet another health adventure.

FOX1

Prior to starting TRT, my PSA was 1.2, within 3 months it rose to 1.7 and my doctor was concerned, my urologist carried out an internal examination and said all was fine but just to ensure, I also had an MRI scan, this also came out clear.

Within a further 3 months, my PSA had dropped back down to 1.2, and in the past 2 years my results have varied from 1.2 - 1.4, normally 1.2.

If you know you are about to have your blood tests, ensure you stay out of the gym for a couple of days before and do not have sex, this will help ensure your results are not elevated.

Giovanni73

Prior to starting TRT, my PSA was 1.2, within 3 months it rose to 1.7 and my doctor was concerned, my urologist carried out an internal examination and said all was fine but just to ensure, I also had an MRI scan, this also came out clear.

Within a further 3 months, my PSA had dropped back down to 1.2, and in the past 2 years my results have varied from 1.2 - 1.4, normally 1.2.

If you know you are about to have your blood tests, ensure you stay out of the gym for a couple of days before and do not have sex, this will help ensure your results are not elevated.
Thank you for that detailed story. It really helps to hear actual people who have gone through TRT, not simply read about it in a book.

Giovanni73

It's concerning how people truly belive TRT can not cause prostate cancer, yet, on TRT we need to check PSA, DREA, and MRI up your ass. Ugh. Man, having low T with no worries is starting sound better. I have been off for a week now.

FOX1

YOUR MAIL BOX:
I cannot reply, due to this message;
Giovanni73 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Systemlord

It's concerning how people truly belive TRT can not cause prostate cancer, yet, on TRT we need to check PSA, DREA, and MRI up your ass. Ugh. Man, having low T with no worries is starting sound better. I have been off for a week now.

Old men with low testosterone are the ones who get prostate cancer.

Last edited:

Systemlord

But, most all men at a certain age have prostate cancer, so that observation is somewhat flawed, because old men with high testosterone also get prostate cancer.

So if anything this shows that both high and low testosterone men tend to get prostate cancer, so why then are you so worried? You're damned if you do and damned if you don't, live life and enjoy it while it lasts. I'm more worried about auto accidents with the way people are driving these days, there are so many ways for you to check out of this world.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me