Protocol advice. Total Test too high?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alexbeam93

Hey guys, got my first blood work since starting TRT 10 weeks ago and would appreciate any thoughts/insights.

Current protocol:

120mg of Test Cyp Tu/Th/Sat (40mg 3x/ week)
NO AI
250 iu of HCG twice a week (Monday/ Friday)

Started TRT to help with anxiety, mood, mild depression, and energy. So far I’ve felt an improvement in all areas, but don’t exactly feel dialed in...Not sure what needs to be done next to improve my protocol. Still feel somewhat anxious on certain days and have seen a slight increase in irritability to certain situations.

Only side effect I’m dealing with is a “Bounding heart rate” when I lie down. My heart beat just feels stronger and it’s slightly uncomfortable at night. And my eosinophils came out high as well.

My labs are attached. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 5F7FDAC6-BE87-4546-BFB9-CEA8FF80B450.png
    5F7FDAC6-BE87-4546-BFB9-CEA8FF80B450.png
    58 KB · Views: 193
  • CF8E5029-CCF1-43E7-B5F9-6211AA18FCE6.png
    CF8E5029-CCF1-43E7-B5F9-6211AA18FCE6.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 190
  • C7D71EC7-7BE6-4BF9-B5B9-996BECC74FCE.png
    C7D71EC7-7BE6-4BF9-B5B9-996BECC74FCE.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 169
  • F2FD7FB6-F98E-4B49-AC2F-A6F28C97BDCF.png
    F2FD7FB6-F98E-4B49-AC2F-A6F28C97BDCF.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 155
  • D06E8B58-8011-4E52-AFA1-10AE83F76D3E.png
    D06E8B58-8011-4E52-AFA1-10AE83F76D3E.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 169
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I would encourage a dose reduction of at least 30%. Although your lab work so far isn't reflecting some of the symptoms of excessive testosterone—elevated hematocrit, RBC, bad lipids—these could still be forthcoming. Presumably your HDL is somewhat suppressed. Estradiol is elevated in an absolute sense, though is normal relative to the high total testosterone.

There is still some uncertainty about the long-term effects of having such elevated levels of the sex hormones. The risk is probably not high, but do you want to be a subject in this experiment? Alternatively, you can play it safer by keeping your levels closer to what nature intended.

Last edited:

slicktop

that's some high test, brother! I'd ditto Cataceous and back down on your dosage. Your current levels looks like phase one of LVH, and you don't want that!

Alexbeam93

I would encourage a dose reduction of at least 30%. Although your lab work so far isn't reflecting some of the symptoms of excessive testosterone—elevated hematocrit, RBC, bad lipids—these could still be forthcoming. Presumably your HDL is somewhat suppressed. Estradiol is elevated in a absolute sense, though is normal relative to the high total testosterone.

There is still some uncertainty about the long-term effects of having such elevated levels of the sex hormones. The risk is probably not high, but do you want to be a subject in this experiment? Alternatively, you can play it safer by keeping your levels closer to what nature intended.
Appreciate all the feedback and will definitely do a dosage reduction. I started at 500 test levels and this is such a huge jump. You think 90-100mg/ week will be better? Also should I keep the same injection frequency?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... You think 90-100mg/ week will be better? Also should I keep the same injection frequency?
I think 80-90 mg/week is even better. If your SHBG doesn't change much then your total T may be roughly proportional to dose. This means 80 mg/w could put you around 800 ng/dL, which is still above average for young men.

That's a good injection frequency if you can keep with it. It means you won't have a lot of variation in your serum testosterone, which is helpful when dialing in, and may have additional benefits compared to injecting less often.

Alexbeam93

I think 80-90 mg/week is even better. If your SHBG doesn't change much then your total T may be roughly proportional to dose. This means 80 mg/w could put you around 800 ng/dL, which is still above average for young men.

That's a good injection frequency if you can keep with it. It means you won't have a lot of variation in your serum testosterone, which is helpful when dialing in, and may have additional benefits compared to injecting less often.
Great advice, thank you brother! I’ll start with 90 and keep my frequency.

slicktop

Thanks for the feedback! What exactly on my lab results points out phase one of LVH?
Your free and total test being as high as they are can lead to it pretty easily. Sustained supraphysiological test levels lead to LVH creeping up pretty easilt. Keep an eye on BP to look for clues!

UCFguy01

I think your labs look pretty good to be honest. You're slightly out of range on testosterone but it's not effecting your HCT, or lipids. Your E2 looks fine to me. Is your BP OK? Your esonophils may mean you have an infection of some sort.

I think your pounding heart feeling may be anxiety related more than testosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me