Prostate cancer and testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

JimBob

When a man gets prostate cancer, his testosterone is usually brought down to zero before radiation and/or chemo are implemented.

Are there any prostate cancer treatments that don't include dropping testosterone levels to zero?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
When a man gets prostate cancer, his testosterone is usually brought down to zero before radiation and/or chemo are implemented.

Are there any prostate cancer treatments that don't include dropping testosterone levels to zero?
None that I ever heard of, most likely doctors will take testosterone down to zero.

Systemlord

I read that high dose testosterone was also used in the treatment of breast cancer in women decades ago before estrogen modulars and AI's came of about.

Dropping testosterone down to zerto is middle aged men greatly increases the chances of cardiovascular disease. You trade one disease for another.

OMI100

Open question so I will shot gun you some info. that may he helpful.
I think there is at least ONE DR that does use Testosterone in treating some types of cancer."
High-Dose Testosterone Replacement Therapy And Prostate Cancer
Get a copy of DR Morgentaler's book "Testosterone For Life". He has a great section that documents how ONE hosed up research paper, years ago, morphed into the "Testosterone is like pouring gas on a fire and feeds PCa". In fact he feels that LOW T is a risk factor for PCa.
Here is a link to a great medical board that has sub sections on a LOT of things. They have an active PCa group and a lot of info on the subject is shared:
Us TOO Prostate Cancer - Inspire
And other info here:
Tips + Tools

Vince

Super Moderator
Take a look at focal treatments such as cryogenics which I had. Just freezes the cancer.
I know that is a nice option (cryogenics) if you catch prostate cancer early. I believe we're talking about a more aggressive form of prostate cancer. My brother-in-law has a very aggressive form of prostate cancer, it's definitely a struggle for him.

Blackhawk

I think there is at least ONE DR that does use Testosterone in treating some types of cancer."

Wow. I watched his 2005 video straight through... mind blowing.

Edit: After starting to watch his 2016 video, it remains mind blowing and appears he has changed perspective on a number of things. I am going to have to re-watch and read all his info. I am removing my commentary based on his 2005 presentation.

Last edited:

JimBob

Wow. I watched his 2005 video straight through... mind blowing.

A few key concepts:

-If you have prostate cancer, it is metastatic, i.e. it is not isolated to your prostate tissue even with early detection. Once it is detectable, it has already metastasized
-Localized treatments like Radical Prostatectomy and radiation always result in subsequently rising PSA because metastatic prostate cancer cells have already inhabited other tissues. PCa cells in other tissues produce PSA regardless of prostate removal etc.
-Localized treatments do not change survivability statistics.
-Hormone Blockade treatment along with specifically targeted chemo with drugs having relatively low side effects subdue/kills cancer cells in all tissues, and resulting remissions are longer, more effective than localized treatments.
-If PCa rebounds after above stated treatment, the cancer IS refractory/resistant to further hormone blockade treatment
-In these cases, high testosterone adminstration can be very effective in subduing cancer progression.
-He administers enough testosterone to reach TT 1600-3000 at that stage of treatment.

-There is much discussion about the specific drugs and dosages he uses for these forms of treatments.

There are 12 videos. I don't have prostate cancer, but I'm going to watch them all. Really fascinating info, even in the first video.

At the end of the article there is this:
I cannot overemphasize that this paper should not be brought to your doctor along with a request for a testosterone prescription. Testosterone is contraindicated in men with prostate cancer. It has caused the death of some patients (fortunately, no one in my practice); permanent paralysis, increased bone pain, and new metastases. I do not recommend use of T for anyone with prostate cancer.

DR. BOB

Last edited:

captain

I know someone that did cryogenics and it wasn't pleasant. After cryogenics it took about a year for PSA to come down then five years later the cancer returned. Next treatment was going to be radiation but he passed away before the first treatment. In the end I feel if he did nothing he would have lived just as long. He didn't die because of cancer. Treatment of cancer may have made his life shorter.

OMI100

I know someone that did cryogenics and it wasn't pleasant. After cryogenics it took about a year for PSA to come down then five years later the cancer returned. Next treatment was going to be radiation but he passed away before the first treatment. In the end I feel if he did nothing he would have lived just as long. He didn't die because of cancer. Treatment of cancer may have made his life shorter.
Depending on the type of PCa and your age, active surveillance is an option. If it is the nonaggressive form, and your older, you may die from old age rather than PCa. One has a lot of variables to consider if one is in that PCa boat.

Blackhawk

Open question so I will shot gun you some info. that may he helpful.

Update, I've watched several of "Dr Bob's" videos now. This one so far is more up to date and more clearly presented than the others:

IMO, this should be mandatory information for all Drs. that advise or treat possible prostate cancer issues, an those of us with prostate issues. Roughly the first 1/2 hour gave me a much clearer picture of prostate cancer than any other resource.

Jackflak

I had Proton Therapy, a type of radiation treatment for my prostate cancer. My TT was about 320. My oncologist said they didn't have to give me an anti-androgen for my treatment.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me