Prostate Biopsy

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

My first Biopsy is scheduled for November 15th 22.
My psa a 5 weeks ago was 4.5 and after stopping TRT again My psa this week using Labcorp was 3.7. I always use Labcorp.
Anyway I'm worried about have this procedure. Not so much worried about cancer but the side effects of the procedure.
Can anyone shed any light on sexual side effects or otherwise.
I would not even have this done but prostate cancer is in my family.
Any comments please.
S.J.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

markusbdc

I would avoid the prostate biopsy as they have to go through the wall of the rectum typically for anywhere from 14 to 20 core samples. This can introduce infection and contamination and men have died after having this done due to sepsis. You might be better off getting a multi parametric MRI of the prostate with contrast this will give you a PiRads score and based on this you could determine whether an actual biopsy would be needed. The PiRads score has about a 90 some percent correlation with actual microscopic cell biopsy from core samples. If indeed you do have to have a biopsy done after the multi parametric MRI then you should find a provider who utilizes the Perineologic system which can go in with two entrance punctures on each side of the midline perineum rather than going through the rectum this is much easier to sterilize and Carrie’s much less chance for infection being introduced through the rectum like a traditional transrectal biopsy.

Smokin Joe

Thanks so much for the reply.
I'm 14 days out and am nervous about it.
My platelets have fallen to 108 and now my Hematologist has to get involved.
I am sure that I'm going to cancel particularly with a psa that has dropped from 4.5 to 3.7 after being off T for 6 weeks.
I have followed the procedure that you described and it amazes me why Doctors will not come up to current technology.

BaddKarmma

Thanks so much for the reply.
I'm 14 days out and am nervous about it.
My platelets have fallen to 108 and now my Hematologist has to get involved.
I am sure that I'm going to cancel particularly with a psa that has dropped from 4.5 to 3.7 after being off T for 6 weeks.
I have followed the procedure that you described and it amazes me why Doctors will not come up to current technology.
Hello Smokin,

In similar boat here, PSA has slowly been rising since starting T therapy in 2014. Six months ago PSA hit 4.5, then 5 about 8 - 9 days ago. Going in this morning for PSA re-check as well as Free PSA test added to blood work after no ejaculations or bike riding for a little more than 3 days.

Wondering what you decided to do? Canceled biopsy? MRI? Will you cease TRT completely

Smokin Joe

Baddkarmma
I have canceled the biopsy which was scheduled for 11/15.
I have stopped using testosterone for about 60 to 70 days now and my psa dropped from 4.5 back to 3.7.
My plan is to text psa again in 30 days maybe 45 to see of there is a decline.
In the meantime I'm trying to see where my insurance will let me go for MRI guided biopsy.
I am convinced at least right now that I won't have a Transrectal Biopsy.
Scares the hell out of me !!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching