Propranolol (Inderal) ER or XL for Anxiety...

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaveK22

I have used Propranolol (from the Indian Pharmacies) for controlling anxiety when needing to do public speaking &/or work related high stress meetings. It has worked very well for me using it "on demand" and never had the option for the extended release formula. Because often these situations become unpredictable, I'm wondering about talking to my Dr about trying the extended release formula & getting through my local pharmacy.

Some questions...
1. Anyone here use Propranolol ER on a daily basis? Any anecdotal feedback welcomed.
2. I'm currently taking Losartan (50mg daily) for HBP. Could that drug possibly be stopped if I start taking Propranolol ER?
3. Any increase in ED? Would ED drugs be less effective? (I currently use Trimix so if it's a big side effect it may not be as big of issue for me...but still curious)
4. Per Goodrx, seems the the generic ER version comes as 60/80/120/160. I'm thinking of asking to start at 80mg & titrate as needed. I have been using the higher end dose for "on demand" situations (60mg) taking 1 hr before anticipated anxiety type situations.

Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Laphroaig

I have used Propranolol (from the Indian Pharmacies) for controlling anxiety when needing to do public speaking &/or work related high stress meetings. It has worked very well for me using it "on demand" and never had the option for the extended release formula. Because often these situations become unpredictable, I'm wondering about talking to my Dr about trying the extended release formula & getting through my local pharmacy.

Some questions...
1. Anyone here use Propranolol ER on a daily basis? Any anecdotal feedback welcomed.
2. I'm currently taking Losartan (50mg daily) for HBP. Could that drug possibly be stopped if I start taking Propranolol ER?
3. Any increase in ED? Would ED drugs be less effective? (I currently use Trimix so if it's a big side effect it may not be as big of issue for me...but still curious)
4. Per Goodrx, seems the the generic ER version comes as 60/80/120/160. I'm thinking of asking to start at 80mg & titrate as needed. I have been using the higher end dose for "on demand" situations (60mg) taking 1 hr before anticipated anxiety type situations.

Thanks in advance.
I take 1/2 a 40mg IR tablet of Propranolol every morning just before work. If I have a meeting, I'll take a whole 40mg tablet 30 minutes prior. I also take Losartan 50 mg daily, Propanolol doesn't seem to have much if any effect on my BP. Propranolol is definitely a negative for erections, but if you use trimix who cares. Get a script from your Doc, It's too stressful if customs confiscates your package. I've tried the ER version, for me it did not work anywhere near as well as the IR version.
I hope that helps.

Fortunate

I take immediate release propranolol for migraine prevention, I started at 60mg BID, but increase to 1.5 tabs (90mg) BID. I sort of also get a benefit of BP control, as mine is not high, but not perfect either. I tried the extended release for a few days and did not like how I felt. It also "wore off" before my next dose, leaving me with high pressure. Granted, I did not give it enough time to reach a steady state, but preferred the immediate release.

My initial experience has been mixed. It definitely controls headaches. It probably also reduces anxiety. However, it makes me fatigued and a bit depressed. Initially, the fatigue and depression were significant. Now, both are moderately improved, but I am hoping for complete resolution of symptoms. It also gives me funky dreams.

I can't speak a whole lot about "on demand", or PRN, usage, but I would be careful. It is possibly you give yourself rebound tachycardia if you take a beta blocker intermittently, but not consistently.

If you are already on a BP med, I would recommend that you coordinate taking propranolol with your PCP.

DaveK22

Turns out my Primary preferred me trying Metoprolol Tartrate. I am new to beta blockers and haven't researched much. Script is for 50mg 2x a day but he said second dose can be optional based on how I feel. So giving it a try for now.

3DMission

@DaveK22 i use propanol for the same reasons, anxiety at work and public speaking engagements. Works wonders! I’ve only used it as needed. My personal preference is to use as little pharma as possible. You don’t want to be dependent on anything. Use the lowest dose amounts possible as a crutch to help you get through situations while you start using holistic measures to help you manage anxiety naturally. Get to the point where you can slowly decrease or stop relying on pharma. Every drug has side effects so use the drug to help you get over the hump and strengthen your weaknesses, maybe one day we will never need it but it’s ok to use when needed.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me