Progesterone Dose for Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

DixieWrecked

Was just doing some research on progesterone. Has anyone had it tested and corrected a deficiency? Anyone noticed an improvement in symptoms from this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JA Battle

I know cataceous injects progesterone. I also have progesterone for injection however I’ve yet to use it. I’ve used topical in the past. Without supplementation I measure .4 in the 0-.5 range so I haven’t tried it yet. This is one thing I’m sure the reference range has no clue about

DixieWrecked

Was looking at the short half life of progesterone. I wonder how that would affect everything. You did scrotal application right? Noticed anything? Ever thought about a sustained released pill from a compounder?

ivkonst2017

By the way my progesterone has always been over the range, even after starting TRT increased a bit. Hasnt tested it for at least 6-7 months. What effects you think that might have?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Was just doing some research on progesterone. Has anyone had it tested and corrected a deficiency? Anyone noticed an improvement in symptoms from this?
Yes. I previously measured 0.1 ng/mL (0.0-0.5) on LabCorp's test, even with hCG use. I've been supplementing for two years now to get to midrange, ~0.3 ng/mL. For me, in isolation it improves sleep. But I also think having normal levels is a piece of the puzzle in getting good results from TRT. It may be needed to balance against estradiol and DHT.

DixieWrecked

Yes. I previously measured 0.1 ng/mL (0.0-0.5) on LabCorp's test, even with hCG use. I've been supplementing for two years now to get to midrange, ~0.3 ng/mL. For me, in isolation it improves sleep. But I also think having normal levels is a piece of the puzzle in getting good results from TRT. It may be needed to balance against estradiol and DHT.
That's what I am thinking. What are some of the methods you have used to supplement and how did they go?

I wonder if the people whose upstream hormones are not as affected feel great on TRT, and vice versa.

JA Battle

Was looking at the short half life of progesterone. I wonder how that would affect everything. You did scrotal application right? Noticed anything? Ever thought about a sustained released pill from a compounder?

I have considered it and soon after lost interest as I became aware that the pass through the liver really lowers its bioavailability. A good part of that lowered availability is actually not that it is not available but rather it heavily metabolizing into up to 30 other hormones. It feels like more of a crapshoot taking any hormones orally to me. Transdermal is a little better though if you get the right product.

I prefer injection. The key I believe will be taking it in a large enough oil depot to slow down its absorption. A good part of half life is the size of the injection. I want dilute it so I have to inject .5 ml to get the .6 mg cataceous is injecting. I also may do this twice daily as the half life will be short.

Half life isn’t everything, as the tissues absorb hormones that they have use for and the effects persist for a while (vague description I know).

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... What are some of the methods you have used to supplement and how did they go?
I initially used progesterone in coconut oil applied to the scrotum, ~7 mg. This gave good results but seemed a little messy and imprecise. The product is easily obtained on Amazon.

I switched to an injectable form obtained from AllDayChemist. I use only 0.6 mg per day. It sounds like Defy is willing to prescribe it, so that will probably be the source of my next batch.

I rejected oral dosing for the reason stated by @JA Battle.
I wonder if the people whose upstream hormones are not as affected feel great on TRT, and vice versa.
I think there's something to this, and the list of upstream hormones that may be disrupted by TRT is getting pretty long: LH, FSH, GnRH, kisspeptin, progesterone, pregnenolone...

JA Battle

I initially used progesterone in coconut oil applied to the scrotum, ~7 mg. This gave good results but seemed a little messy and imprecise. The product is easily obtained on Amazon.

I switched to an injectable form obtained from AllDayChemist. I use only 0.6 mg per day. It sounds like Defy is willing to prescribe it, so that will probably be the source of my next batch.

I think there's something to this, and the list of upstream hormones that may be disrupted by TRT is getting pretty long: LH, FSH, GnRH, kisspeptin, progesterone, pregnenolone...

Interestingly, I decided last night to begin progesterone injection as I know I’m no where near my newly conceived target level of the high end of the old reference range. I accidentally injected 3x my planned dose of .6 per dose for a total of 1.8mg. I ended up falling asleep quickly and it was a deeeeep sleep. Today I noticed I feel more social and my mid morning oral temp is 98.6 which is .5 degrees higher than normal.

I’m going to inject .6mg morning and night. In the morning, intramuscularly with my larger shot containing test e, test p, estradiol v, and dht v.

At night subq with my magnesium in DMSO.

Very interesting findings. I’m going to be making an injectable dhea or dheas and pregnenolone if possible to get those hormone to high end of range.

ivkonst2017

In fact I see now I have tested progesterone, last in December:

Progesteron

S

ng/ml

0.05 - 0.15

ECLIA

According to my lab the upper range for men is up to 0.15ng/ml. I have before tested 0,17 and 0.2

JA Battle

Interestingly I am in the zone this morning following my 1.8mg injection of progesterone. Listening to music, planning action, not even a thought of sitting down or playing video games. When a song ends on my home sound system I’m like running to pick a new song. 24 oz Coffee feels stronger today. Haha it’s weird but progesterone feels androgenic. Like some swagger is emerging from within the man.

I’m thinking that disrupting ones hpha’s requires broader replacement of hormones. Preg, prog, dhea, test, e2, dht all need to be solid. Then move on to next. Sex steroids can alter creation and metabolism of thyroid and adrenal hormones.

If we are destined for sex steroid replacement might as well make sure each one is squared away.

A large point of thyroid is to facilitate/create robust amounts of all of the sex steroids. And the steroids in return assist with making sure thyroid keeps doing it. Positive feedback between all of these systems is broken with one abnormal hormone.

Gman86

What time of day do u inject the 0.6mg of progesterone?

Do u inject it shallow IM or SubQ?

Charliebizz

Interestingly I am in the zone this morning following my 1.8mg injection of progesterone. Listening to music, planning action, not even a thought of sitting down or playing video games. When a song ends on my home sound system I’m like running to pick a new song. 24 oz Coffee feels stronger today. Haha it’s weird but progesterone feels androgenic. Like some swagger is emerging from within the man.

I’m thinking that disrupting ones hpha’s requires broader replacement of hormones. Preg, prog, dhea, test, e2, dht all need to be solid. Then move on to next. Sex steroids can alter creation and metabolism of thyroid and adrenal hormones.

If we are destined for sex steroid replacement might as well make sure each one is squared away.

A large point of thyroid is to facilitate/create robust amounts of all of the sex steroids. And the steroids in return assist with making sure thyroid keeps doing it. Positive feedback between all of these systems is broken with one abnormal hormone.
I know a few people who were able to resolve all other hormone issues by correcting thyroid. They had decent thyroid numbers on paper but lower body temps. Once the corrected body temp issues t levels came way up.

It was also a lot more involved then just taking thyroid meds. I myself have lower body temps but haven't been able to raise them much. And can't seem to tolerate thyroid meds. I am always looking for a way to avoid trt do to the hpta shutdown but always end up back on it lol

ivkonst2017

So it’s been above range before TRT, and after starting TRT its even higher? Never seen that before. I’ve only seen progesterone go down on TRT, and have never seen someone naturally above the top of the range
Not sure either, all I can say is with TRT I've most of the time been on HCG as well so I guess this may play a part as well

Gman86

Not sure either, all I can say is with TRT I've most of the time been on HCG as well so I guess this may play a part as well
That definitely can play a role. When I was using pregnyl HCG it would significantly raise my DHEA-S way out of range and also raise my progesterone level quite a bit

what brand of HCG are u using? If it’s from a compounding pharmacy, what compounding pharmacy is it from? And what’s ur dose per week?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me