Progesterone Dose for Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I stopped with the progesterone cream, tested my progesterone, and it came back high @ 2.6 (reference range <1.4) via quest (no measurement given). No sx changes or anything significant.
Ya see, it’s very easy to overshoot the tight range progesterone has when supplementing. Good for quest tho for having the range go up to 1.4. Unlike labcorp that lowered it to (0.0-0.5) when it used to go up to 1.0.

How many mg’s of prog cream were u using?

Where were u applying it?

Was it compounded and prescribed or OTC?

And u didn’t notice anything from having this level of prog? Nothing good or bad?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I stopped with the progesterone cream, tested my progesterone, and it came back high @ 2.6 (reference range <1.4) via quest (no measurement given). No sx changes or anything significant.
Do you know what Quest test you took specifically? I took this one: Progesterone, LC/MS. The range for a male is less than 0.2 ng/mL, with no minimum value. Apparently the range used to be higher, but then they figured out that other hormones were being counted in error. Once they isolated for progesterone, it seems men typically have almost none. I might start a discussion elsewhere about that because if true, it would challenge the idea of progesterone as a significant male hormone.

Bmac

Do you know what Quest test you took specifically? I took this one: Progesterone, LC/MS. The range for a male is less than 0.2 ng/mL, with no minimum value. Apparently the range used to be higher, but then they figured out that other hormones were being counted in error. Once they isolated for progesterone, it seems men typically have almost none. I might start a discussion elsewhere about that because if true, it would challenge the idea of progesterone as a significant male hormone.
It is also my understanding that the standard RIA test for progesterone has a lot of cross reactivity from other hormones. This gives the test falsely elevated results. I’ve been looking for studies to find progesterone ranges in men measured by LC/MS. This study

Reference intervals of nine steroid hormones over the life-span analyzed by LC-MS/MS: Effect of age, gender, puberty, and oral contraceptives​

The study looks at 9 hormones measured with LC/MS. A total of 4678 samples roughly half male half female aged from 0-79.
Majority of the mens progesterone was measured under 1 nmol/L or 0.3 ng/mL. You have to use a site such as sci-hub to view the study,

Gman86

Very interesting, I haven’t heard this theory. Do u think it’s true based off of what u’ve read/ heard?

I also just had the prog LC/MS test done with quest and my range was the same. <0.2. My level came back at <0.1. Next time I have prog checked with quest I’ll do the non-sensitive version. But are u saying that there’s a chance that the non-sensitive prog results might be inflated because it’s picking up on other hormones and thinking they’re prog molecules?

Gman86

V
It is also my understanding that the standard RIA test for progesterone has a lot of cross reactivity from other hormones. This gives the test falsely elevated results. I’ve been looking for studies to find progesterone ranges in men measured by LC/MS. This study

Reference intervals of nine steroid hormones over the life-span analyzed by LC-MS/MS: Effect of age, gender, puberty, and oral contraceptives​

The study looks at 9 hormones measured with LC/MS. A total of 4678 samples roughly half male half female aged from 0-79.
Majority of the mens progesterone was measured under 1 nmol/L or 0.3 ng/mL. You have to use a site such as sci-hub to view the study,
Very interesting. I’d give anything to see where prog levels sit using the LC/MS method in men aging from say 16-25. Would love to know how high men’s prog levels get in their hormonal prime

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Very interesting, I haven’t heard this theory. Do u think it’s true based off of what u’ve read/ heard?

I also just had the prog LC/MS test done with quest and my range was the same. <0.2. My level came back at <0.1. Next time I have prog checked with quest I’ll do the non-sensitive version. But are u saying that there’s a chance that the non-sensitive prog results might be inflated because it’s picking up on other hormones and thinking they’re prog molecules?
Yes I think the implication is a non LC/MS test has a higher range and higher results because it is being fooled by other molecules that are not progesterone. I do want to find some primary sources for this info though because right now I've only heard this second hand.

Cynice49

Ya see, it’s very easy to overshoot the tight range progesterone has when supplementing. Good for quest tho for having the range go up to 1.4. Unlike labcorp that lowered it to (0.0-0.5) when it used to go up to 1.0.

How many mg’s of prog cream were u using?

Where were u applying it?

Was it compounded and prescribed or OTC?

And u didn’t notice anything from having this level of prog? Nothing good or bad?

I was using source natural progesterone cream, 22mg per about 1/4 teaspoon. I used probably less that 1/4 teaspoon applied to my shoulder for about a month before getting my levels tested. I was getting my lipid panels checked and just added on the progesterone lab via discountedlabs. It looks like a non-sensitive test. I will say I had a reduced level of anxiety probably the first couple of days, may have been placebo because after that my anxiety pretty much came right back. Since I’ve started trt 4+years ago (terrible protocols), I’ve always bad GAD, almost like I experience high adrenaline all day, which has resulted in increased bp and hr.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Since I’ve started trt 4+years ago (terrible protocols), I’ve always bad GAD, almost like I experience high adrenaline all day, which has resulted in increased bp and hr.
I experienced this when starting TRT. I responded by quitting caffeine which helped alot and reduced my BP to normal. I also reduced my dose of T to a lower daily dose until I built some tolerance to the stimulating effects.

I assume you've already given up caffeine but I never cease to be amazed at the number of people with anxiety, insomnia, and high blood pressure who are still drinking it.

Cynice49

I experienced this when starting TRT. I responded by quitting caffeine which helped alot and reduced my BP to normal. I also reduced my dose of T to a lower daily dose until I built some tolerance to the stimulating effects.

I assume you've already given up caffeine but I never cease to be amazed at the number of people with anxiety, insomnia, and high blood pressure who are still drinking it.

I used to be the person that would wake up with coffee and drink a bunch of monsters/bangs/pre workout etc etc. I still drink my morning coffee, but I’ll occasionally have a monster still (bad habit).

I did just recently change from an eod protocol to a daily protocol as my shbg is 16 during a recent check.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I used to be the person that would wake up with coffee and drink a bunch of monsters/bangs/pre workout etc etc. I still drink my morning coffee, but I’ll occasionally have a monster still (bad habit).
I would encourage you to run the experiment of getting completely off caffeine to see the effects on your anxiety, BP and heart rate. The difference between a little bit in your system and none can sometimes be dramatic, especially with TRT involved, because there seems to be a synergistic adrenaline response between caffeine and TRT that makes them incompatible for sensitive persons.

At first I thought this was off topic but then, the reason guys think they need progesterone is so they can reduce their anxiety and improve sleep on TRT, so actually this is relevant. Supplemented progesterone is producing allopregnanolone in unnatural quantity and is basically dosing yourself with endogenous benzodiazapine. I would advise anyone to try the no caff experiment before going down that road.

Mastodont

+1 for the caffeine, i wouldn´t reintroduce it until a sustainable protocol without is has been found, it has definitely screwed up my prior t-trials.
Just discovered i also have low cortisol now, usually been top of range in the morning, after lately discovering the tanked preg and prog, so it makes sense.
Have tried pregnenolone supps, life extension 50mg, does not say micronized, but the ingredients list microcrystalline cellulose, 100mg gives a nice boost but fucks up sleep even when taken am, 50mg not much noticeable but still somewhat disrupts sleep. 30mg compound pharmacy straight preg, even at 30mg lethargic, 60mg even more, effect closer to valium which is not good since low energy with low cortisol anyway. Nplabs 10-20mg sublingual preg troches, no unusual tiredness on either dose, not much else to be said either. But it does seem that in capsule form, there is a big difference in allopregnanolone with micronized. Did not test for pregnenolone again yet because super expensive but cortisol and progesterone remained low despite these pregnenolone trials.
I have ordered 2mg progesterone capsules, any suggestions how to start taking them?

mlair

I initially used progesterone in coconut oil applied to the scrotum, ~7 mg. This gave good results but seemed a little messy and imprecise. The product is easily obtained on Amazon.

I switched to an injectable form obtained from AllDayChemist. I use only 0.6 mg per day. It sounds like Defy is willing to prescribe it, so that will probably be the source of my next batch.

I rejected oral dosing for the reason stated by @JA Battle.

I think there's something to this, and the list of upstream hormones that may be disrupted by TRT is getting pretty long: LH, FSH, GnRH, kisspeptin, progesterone, pregnenolone...
How do you store the progesterone in each ampule? Transfer it to a vial? Store it in one or multiple syringes?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
How do you store the progesterone in each ampule? Transfer it to a vial? Store it in one or multiple syringes?
The original product has a concentration of 100 mg per mL. I dilute this to 20 mg/mL with grape seed oil and benzyl alcohol. The result is partitioned into several vials.

Mastodont

This is getting weird, 2mg progesterone capsule at night ruins sleep, it is easy to fall asleep but way too much action in the dreamworld and constantly waking up, similar to micronized pregnenolone caps effect. I did feel an increase in libido and stronger sensation on the penis at night very soon after taking prog capsule. Need to try it in the morning but have to get some nights sleep first.

BradockTRT

compre uma marca de progesterona agora as soluções vêm com 20mg por bomba como faço para usar metade disso quero começar com uma dose baixa titulada

Gman86

This is getting weird, 2mg progesterone capsule at night ruins sleep, it is easy to fall asleep but way too much action in the dreamworld and constantly waking up, similar to micronized pregnenolone caps effect. I did feel an increase in libido and stronger sensation on the penis at night very soon after taking prog capsule. Need to try it in the morning but have to get some nights sleep first.
Any update? That is really weird. Thought prog was supposed to be really good for sleep

Wolverine

For those applying progesterone cream scrotally, do you apply once a day or twice a day? I have read sites that state to apply twice a day, but it appears that most apply once a day before bed. I have read conflicting info on half-life of the cream, 30-40 hours and there is a site stating 12-13 hours. What has your doctor told you? Thanks.

Also, do those applying progesterone cream also take HCG? Will HCG raise progesterone? Thanks

Last edited:

newuser

For those applying progesterone cream scrotally, do you apply once a day or twice a day? I have read sites that state to apply twice a day, but it appears that most apply once a day before bed. I have read conflicting info on half-life of the cream, 30-40 hours and there is a site stating 12-13 hours.
If I apply progesterone oil on scrotum before sleep I feel effect lasting 3 days(48hrs). Daily application builds up after while causing poor sleep in my experience. Sublingual progesterone (2mg) effects doesn't last as long and doesn't interfere with my sleep unless is high dose(10mg+).

Mastodont

If I apply progesterone oil on scrotum before sleep I feel effect lasting 3 days(48hrs). Daily application builds up after while causing poor sleep in my experience. Sublingual progesterone (2mg) effects doesn't last as long and doesn't interfere with my sleep unless is high dose(10mg+).
Have you tried oral capsules?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching