Progesterone Dose for Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dicky

Probably no harm in the short term even if it's a bit much. But it's tricky to titrate downwards if you're getting 20 mg per pump. For me, 2 mg absorbed puts serum levels about 60% over the top of LabCorp's reference range. With the transdermal products I'd still rather see guys start at 10 mg and titrate upwards as needed.
Yeah I see what you mean now. I didn't realize it took so little prog to make that big of a difference in lab work. Good to know.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SSHSSA74

20 MG wouldn't be too bad would it? One of the Defy providers told me that his default assumption for non scrotal application of testosterone cream is that you would absorb 10% of the dose. Some absorb more, some less. I would suppose that progesterone creams would have a similar absorption rate. If you wanted to further retard absorption you could probably apply it to rougher skin, such as the top side of the forearms. If the Defy guy is right and you applied the cream to weathered skin, you could probably see less than 2mg of absorption per pump.
Good info

Gman86

Ya it doesn’t take much progesterone to raise levels. Here are my results using injectable progesterone, I inject it subQ before bed every night

0.1 (0.0-0.5ng/ml) Baseline on no prog
0.4 (0.0-0.5ng/ml) 1mg before bed
1.6 (0.0-0.5ng/ml) 2mg before bed

Cataceous’ dose is around 0.6mg of injectable prog, I believe. So it takes very little to get levels where u want them. I’m currently taking 1.25mg subQ before bed every night. Haven’t had labs on this dose yet

Gman86

how you liking it @Gman86?
Hard to say, I’ve been pretty sporadic with my prog use. I experimented with the injectable prog back in may and June for a couple straight months, didn’t notice any effects from it that I’m aware of, good or bad. Then stopped all prog for a bit. Tried the scrotal cream for a week or two, didn’t really notice anything from it. Ended up giving it to my girlfriend cuz her prog levels are really low and she doesn’t have time to get labs and a consult with Defy to get it prescribed. I’ve been torn between experimenting again with topical Pregnenolone and my injectable Progesterone. I decided to go with the injectable progesterone for now. Just started it back up 8-12-21. So only been back on it like 3 days. Think I might be a little more relaxed and calm, but other than that not noticing anything. It’s still really early obv. Gonna really pay attention to any changes I notice this time around with it.

An interesting thing that happened with my labs while I was using it back in June tho was that my DHT came back in the 50’s, while on 175mg of test. Had labs recently on the same dose of test while on no progesterone and DHT came back around 120, which is more like what my DHT should be around with this dose. I must have a very active/ efficient 5ar enzyme, because regardless of my test dose I always convert a lot of it into DHT. The only other difference during the June labs and the most recent labs is that I was using 15mg of Oxandrolone per day, everything else in my protocol was the same during both labs. I don’t see how Oxandrolone would lower DHT tho, but we all know that progesterone inhibits DHT, so my guess was that it was the progesterone that lowered my DHT levels. And I was on the 1mg/ day of injectable prog during those labs, not even the 2mg/ day. Just an interesting observation I thought I’d mention. If progesterone can inhibit DHT to this degree that’s pretty crazy. I’ll find out for sure when I get my next set of labs done. I plan on continuing the progesterone at least until I get them done, and will definitely check DHT, among many other labs. I know it can also inhibit E2 and prolactin. So curious to see if I notice any differences with those labs while on the prog

Gianluca

So taking the preg in the evening or at night doesn’t work well for u, u prefer to take it in the am?
sorry just saw this. Yes, I prefer taking it it during the day. Based on the comments here, I'm now intrigued to try the Progesterone cream at night. After sometime trying on and off the 5mg Progesterone Capsule at night, I think it does very little for improving my sleep, maybe mostly Placebo

HarryCat2

20 MG wouldn't be too bad would it? One of the Defy providers told me that his default assumption for non scrotal application of testosterone cream is that you would absorb 10% of the dose. Some absorb more, some less. I would suppose that progesterone creams would have a similar absorption rate. If you wanted to further retard absorption you could probably apply it to rougher skin, such as the top side of the forearms. If the Defy guy is right and you applied the cream to weathered skin, you could probably see less than 2mg of absorption per pump.

I load the cream into a 3ml oral/topical dosing syringe. Then I can finely tune the dose I'm using.

Z

Zibernet

Have u ever experimented with pregnenolone in the past? I’m 100% convinced that having bottomed out progesterone levels on TRT isn’t a good thing, and that I want my levels to forever be at least 0.5ng/ml, or a bit higher, from here on out. The only thing I haven’t figured out yet is whether I should increase my prog levels via direct exogenous progesterone, or through pregnenolone supplementation. I’m pretty sure whichever one I use topical is the preferred route, but not 100% sure on that either. Just leaning towards topical for either atm.

I had rock bottom pregnenolone as a natty.
End of the week I will draw bloods to see where my pregnenolone and progesterone sit while supplementing 100mg pregnenolone/day.

Full protocole is:

150mg Testosterone cream 2xday on scrotum
50mg DHEA
100mg pregnenolone

Z

Zibernet

I don’t see how Oxandrolone would lower DHT tho, but we all know that progesterone inhibits DHT, so my guess was that it was the progesterone that lowered my DHT levels.

What most likely happened is that, Oxandrolone filled DHT's role pretty well, your body sensed it, and downregulated 5ar.

I haven't seen any study on Pubmed linking progesterone use to decreased 5ar or DHT in men. Can you please share one?

Gman86

What most likely happened is that, Oxandrolone filled DHT's role pretty well, your body sensed it, and downregulated 5ar.

I haven't seen any study on Pubmed linking progesterone use to decreased 5ar or DHT in men. Can you please share one?
I’m not the best person for citing studies. I personally go more by anecdotal evidence/ experiences and labs. Just thought it was common knowledge that progesterone is a known inhibitor of E2 and DHT

That’s a really interesting hypothesis about how Oxandrolone could of possibly been the reason why my DHT was much lower than it should of been at that testosterone dose. I’ll eventually get labs done while taking injectable progesterone and if DHT is where it should be then I think it’s safe to say it was the Oxandrolone that cut my DHT in half

Gman86

I had rock bottom pregnenolone as a natty.
End of the week I will draw bloods to see where my pregnenolone and progesterone sit while supplementing 100mg pregnenolone/day.

Full protocole is:

150mg Testosterone cream 2xday on scrotum
50mg DHEA
100mg pregnenolone
Can’t wait to see ur preg and prog labs. What type of preg are u taking?

Nocalves

I am very sensitive to any kind of aromatase inhibition. After week of 8,5mg prog cream my estradiol is from normal level almost undetectable ..

Gman86

I am very sensitive to any kind of aromatase inhibition. After week of 8,5mg prog cream my estradiol is from normal level almost undetectable ..
That’s crazy that it’s so effective at lowering E2. And goes against what some say about progesterone kicking E2 out of the cells or receptors and throwing the excess into the serum and raising serum E2 levels

Do u notice any differences subjectively when on prog cream and when ur E2 is so much lower?

Where were u applying the prog cream?

Nocalves

That’s crazy that it’s so effective at lowering E2. And goes against what some say about progesterone kicking E2 out of the cells or receptors and throwing the excess into the serum and raising serum E2 levels

Do u notice any differences subjectively when on prog cream and when ur E2 is so much lower?

Where were u applying the prog cream?
Definitely feel better with progesterone and crashed estrogen. When I have started, in two days I felt really good, but after few days it was worse and worse day by day. I guess it was because my e2 was too high, started falling down through my sweet spot, where I felt fine and that my e2 droped lower, where I felt Classic low e2 symptoms.. I am very sensitive to any kind of e2 suppresant, even too much of zinc can lower my e2..
I apply cream on my arm-shoulder.

Gman86

Definitely feel better with progesterone and crashed estrogen. When I have started, in two days I felt really good, but after few days it was worse and worse day by day. I guess it was because my e2 was too high, started falling down through my sweet spot, where I felt fine and that my e2 droped lower, where I felt Classic low e2 symptoms.. I am very sensitive to any kind of e2 suppresant, even too much of zinc can lower my e2..
I apply cream on my arm-shoulder.
Have u tried cutting ur prog cream dose down? That seems like the most logical step to take next

do u apply the cream before bed?

Why benefits do u her from progesterone cream before ur E2 gets too low?

Z

Zibernet

And goes against what some say about progesterone kicking E2 out of the cells or receptors and throwing the excess into the serum and raising serum E2 levels

Doesn't go against it at all.
Some of us have better functionning livers and glucorodination functions so as to excrete excess hormones, in that case e2.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Doesn't go against it at all.
Some of us have better functionning livers and glucorodination functions so as to excrete excess hormones, in that case e2.
These would influence the half-life in serum, but the figure is still only a couple hours or less. This is a short time frame and would not allow for a build-up of estradiol in a slow process like estrogen receptor downregulation. The reduction in estradiol is more plausible due to progesterone's aromatase inhibition.

Nocalves

Have u tried cutting ur prog cream dose down? That seems like the most logical step to take next

do u apply the cream before bed?

Why benefits do u her from progesterone cream before ur E2 gets too low?
8,5mg was already cutted and it puts my prog in lower range, so cutting any more does not seem to be benefitial at all. I am about e2 supplementing.

Yes before bed

better erection, mood and sleep

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale