Progesterone cream affecting E2 test results?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Aleeri

I have a question, I recently tested low on Progesterone and Cortisol and I started progesterone cream in 10mg a day before bed to get these up.

These are results before progesterone supplementation:

Cortisol (Serum) 6.6 ug/dL (10:18am) - Ref: 6.24-18 ug/dL
Progesterone 0.19 ng/mL - Ref: 0.3 ng/mL (Men age 18-29)

It improved issues with anxiety and helped me sleep a lot better. But now after 1 month I have retested E2 and it shows up as very low.

E2: < 10 pg/mL (before: 25)

I think I overdid the progesterone because my E2 doesn’t show up on the normal test (this is not sensitive test).

I think I screwed my E2 test up also because I took progesterone before bed day before test in morning. I also took more then usual because leak from bottle.

However I do not feel much symptoms of low E and I have felt ok. I had low E from AI use before and this is not same feeling. Obviously I am stopping progesterone now.

Anyone know if Progesterone cream 8-12 hours before E2 test can scew the test results lowering E2 to much?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I don't think we typically recommend male use of Progesterone, but be that as it may, I would expect a rise in E and not a lowering in your case. But I think you should not be using Prog, rather Pregnenolone (and DHEA) that can be converted in the body to Prog. That's typically what we do.

Aleeri

I think the guidelines about Progesterone is not really valid, it does not increase estrogen. As far as I understood from my research in to high amounts it can amplify estrogen's effects, but if you are deficient in progesterone you can become estrogen dominant because it normally opposes estrogen and keeps it balanced. This happens in women and also in men.

Same as people with low cortisol and adrenal fatigue become estrogen dominant, because if there is no cortisol there is often no progesterone since it is the building block. I think this can also be reframed as Pregnenolone steal.

When men ages estrogen increase, DHT increase, progesterone decrease.
Progesterone is an 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, and also opposes estrogen as well as DHT. See the connection?
This makes sense, same as it's function in females makes sense.

That it would increase estrogen does not make sense.

Pregnenolone is a precursor before progesterone, it will of course replenish progesterone if you don't have enough, and when you have enough it will go on an replenish other things. It will likely not bring Progesterone higher then it has to be.

This is of course why Pregnenolone is better for men to supplement with. But if Progesterone increases estrogen like you say you might as well say that Pregnenolone increases estrogen same because it increases Progesterone. This doesn't make sense.

Like everything in the body and in life, it's good in balance.

My progesterone and cortisol levels did not respond to Pregnenolone supplementation after 3 months of trying it, hence the Progesterone cream which responded after first application. I can literally just put some on to banish anxiety or problems falling asleep, it's that quick.

These are not good reference links, but I don't have time to dig up research and studies right now:

http://chestsculpting.com/progesterone-for-men-the-missing-link-in-man-boob-reduction/

Last edited:

ERO

In general, I would go by how you feel over your test results. (within reason, of course) If you don't feel low E2 symptoms and feel good overall, then you are good to go.

I think the guidelines about Progesterone is not really valid, it does not increase estrogen. As far as I understood from my research in to high amounts it can amplify estrogen's effects, but if you are deficient in progesterone you can become estrogen dominant because it normally opposes estrogen and keeps it balanced. This happens in women and also in men.

Same as people with low cortisol and adrenal fatigue become estrogen dominant, because if there is no cortisol there is often no progesterone since it is the building block.

When men ages estrogen increase, DHT increase, progesterone decrease.
Progesterone is an 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, and also opposes estrogen as well as DHT. See the connection?
This makes sense, same as it's function in females makes sense.

That it would increase estrogen does not make sense.

Pregnenolone is a precursor before progesterone, it will of course replenish progesterone if you don't have enough, and when you have enough it will go on an replenish other things. It will likely not bring Progesterone higher then it has to be.

This is of course why Pregnenolone is better for men to supplement with. But if Progesterone increases estrogen like you say you might as well say that Pregnenolone increases estrogen same because it increases Progesterone. This doesn't make sense.

Like everything in the body and in life, it's good in balance.

My progesterone and cortisol levels did not respond to Pregnenolone supplementation after 3 months of trying it, hence the Progesterone cream which responded after first application. I can literally just put some on to banish anxiety or problems falling asleep, it's that quick.

These are not good reference links, but I don't have time to dig up research a

And studies right now:

http://chestsculpting.com/progesterone-for-men-the-missing-link-in-man-boob-reduction/

No one here advocates use of progesterone.

ERO

I would be curious to see what Dr. Saya has to say about this - I know that in general it is not advocated for guys on TRT, yet I have read a couple of studies that show it in a more positive light.

Aleeri

I would be curious to see what Dr. Saya has to say about this - I know that in general it is not advocated for guys on TRT, yet I have read a couple of studies that show it in a more positive light.

Yes agree, I think it is demonised when it should not be. Don't get me wrong, most guys definitely don't need to supplement progesterone, but both males and females need it in different amounts. Both our bodies produce it for a reason. If you can do regular testing to keep track of your supplementation I see no wrong in it.

And yeah I think I will go by feeling on this one, will retest E2 in a few weeks. Will take a break with Progesterone meanwhile, but it sure looks like it lowers estrogen judging from the test.

PAUL-E

Yes agree, I think it is demonised when it should not be. Don't get me wrong, most guys definitely don't need to supplement progesterone, but both males and females need it in different amounts. Both our bodies produce it for a reason. If you can do regular testing to keep track of your supplementation I see no wrong in it.

And yeah I think I will go by feeling on this one, will retest E2 in a few weeks. Will take a break with Progesterone meanwhile, but it sure looks like it lowers estrogen judging from the test.
interesting I always related progesterone to ED and Gyno but I believe it can have a positive impact on your immune system.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me