Professional Athletes on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

Does anybody on here know of any professional athletes that are on TRT in the MLB, NFL, NHL, or NBA? What if an athlete all of sudden was diagnosed with low testosterone in the middle of his career or suffered an injury to his testicles that caused him to have low testosterone. Would they be able to take TRT to be normal again or would that be banned and the professional athlete would be forced to quit his career or just try to play with low t?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

TRT will get you banned from every major sport including every Olympic sport. If you’re good at sports, you’re good. If you suck you suck even if your levels are 2000.

Tons of dudes in pro sports are now feminine as hell anyway. They still dominate.

fifty

Cheating and gaming the system is big business. McGwire should have applied for a TUE for andro :) It's funny how it's cool for ARod to inject test prop before a game but NFL dudes smoke weed and they lose half a season.

I heard on a podcast that the NFL cutoff for what is considered high testosterone is 2000, with the rationale that many of these athletes are genetic freaks with natural height test levels. This gives guys the ability to be on testosterone and not be considered to be cheating. You notice that no one gets banned for high testosterone, but they do get caught for other stuff.

antelopers

I am close personal friends with a professional athlete who uses an hrt protocol of test + HCG + HGH year round and cycles many other compounds throughout the off-season and has never failed a test. He tells me that what he does is mild compared to the other guys in his sport. Also when they say you have a random drug test, the athlete may be selected at random, but you are still given up to two weeks notice ahead of time that you will be tested.

To answer the second part of your question, many sports offer therapeutic use exemptions if you can prove you have a real medical requirement for a drug (this can literally be as easy as a doctor's note in some sports).

tmaxey1

TRT will get you banned from every major sport including every Olympic sport. If you’re good at sports, you’re good. If you suck you suck even if your levels are 2000.

Tons of dudes in pro sports are now feminine as hell anyway. They still dominate.
The worlds most genetic elite athlete would no longer be elite if you put him on an androgen blocker. You are pretending testosterone isn’t as powerful as it is.

And I’m related (through marriage)to a former pro sports franchise athletic trainer. These guys with few exceptions are taking steroids and HGH. They know how and when to stop and restart. It’s only the stupid guys that get busted for steroids. Even UFC fighters like Jon Jones and Chanel Sonnen who have been suspended for PEDs were only busted for estrogen blockers and not test. When millions of dollars are on the line people juice.

Last edited:
Side question...they do all this thru urine, but we do blood tests. Simpler in the field for them, as it were? Why do we not use Urine testing?

antelopers

Side question...they do all this thru urine, but we do blood tests. Simpler in the field for them, as it were? Why do we not use Urine testing?
I think that 1) they're testing what you excrete, not what is actually in your body at a serum level and 2) for most drugs they test for the metabolites of what your body already broke down

BigTex

Does anybody on here know of any professional athletes that are on TRT in the MLB, NFL, NHL, or NBA? What if an athlete all of sudden was diagnosed with low testosterone in the middle of his career or suffered an injury to his testicles that caused him to have low testosterone. Would they be able to take TRT to be normal again or would that be banned and the professional athlete would be forced to quit his career or just try to play with low t?
Testosterone, of course is banned in thr NFL and all ofther pro sports. They are randomly tested weekly, pre-season, in season and off season. The do blood testing and urine testing but for testosterone, itis urine and they use a T:E ratio as WADA does. Blood testing is mostly use for other homes like hGH and peptides.

"If the introduction of testosterone or the use or manipulation of any other substance results in increasing the ratio of the total concentration of testosterone to that of epitestosterone in the urine to greater than 4:1, the test will be considered presumptively positive and will be subjected to CIR analysis. If CIR testing confirms the presence of an exogenous steroid, the result will be referred for discipline. In addition, if a Player's epitestosterone level exceeds 200 ng/mL, it will be considered a positive test result regardless of the Player's T:E ratio"

So their testing is pretty strict despite what people think. I have linked the rules and the list of banned substances is pretty long, kind of like WADA. There ARE exceptions to taking some medications such as blood pressure meds and diuretics, as well as testosterone replacement.

Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances

Banned Substances

Drug Policies & Resources​

Last edited:
T

tareload

Testosterone, of course is banned in thr NFL and all ofther pro sports. They are randomly tested weekly, pre-season, in season and off season. The do blood testing and urine testing but for testosterone, itis urine and they use a T:E ratio as WADA does. Blood testing is mostly use for other homes like hGH and peptides.

"If the introduction of testosterone or the use or manipulation of any other substance results in increasing the ratio of the total concentration of testosterone to that of epitestosterone in the urine to greater than 4:1, the test will be considered presumptively positive and will be subjected to CIR analysis. If CIR testing confirms the presence of an exogenous steroid, the result will be referred for discipline. In addition, if a Player's epitestosterone level exceeds 200 ng/mL, it will be considered a positive test result regardless of the Player's T:E ratio"

So their testing is pretty strict despite what people think. I have linked the rules and the list of banned substances is pretty long, kind of like WADA. There ARE exceptions to taking some medications such as blood pressure meds and diuretics, as well as testosterone replacement.

Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances

Banned Substances

Drug Policies & Resources​

Do you have a reference for how many NFL players have a TUE for hypogonadism? Could not readily find it.

In MMA for a while there was an epidemic of low T haha.

Edit: This article implies very few in NFL.

National Football League officials say testosterone exemptions are "very rare" and only a "handful" have been issued since 1990. Nearly 2,000 players circulate through rosters each season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willyt

TUEs are such bullshit, especially fact that they do not have to disclose who has received the exemptions and on what basis.

I am confused by the testing for exogenous T. I was always under impression that exo T cannot be distinguished from endogenous T, hence the T/E ratio test. However, Rogan and the More Plates More Dates guy were chatting about MMA testing the other day and I could have sworn they said that there is now test to detect whether the T is synthetic.

T

tareload

TUEs are such bullshit, especially fact that they do not have to disclose who has received the exemptions and on what basis.

I am confused by the testing for exogenous T. I was always under impression that exo T cannot be distinguished from endogenous T, hence the T/E ratio test. However, Rogan and the More Plates More Dates guy were chatting about MMA testing the other day and I could have sworn they said that there is now test to detect whether the T is synthetic.
See this thread we discussed previously and the thesis therein.

Not too hard to distinguish exo vs endo T using carbon isotope methods. WADA has a whole biological passport system using this method. It isn't just the T/E ratio.

See pp. 14 to 16 of thesis.

Willyt

See this thread we discussed previously and the thesis therein.

Not too hard to distinguish exo vs endo T using carbon isotope methods. WADA has a whole biological passport system using this method. It isn't just the T/E ratio.

See pp. 14 to 16 of thesis.
And worse yet, I know remember reading your earlier post! What happens if you have no biological passport yet? i.e., nothing to compare current test to

BigTex

Do you have a reference for how many NFL players have a TUE for hypogonadism? Could not readily find it.

In MMA for a while there was an epidemic of low T haha.

Edit: This article implies very few in NFL.

No, I don't have any numbers on legal exemptions but I am sure it is very low. Now here is the catch. They go to each club and randomly select 10 players and the selected athletes are given 24 hour notice to appear.. These visits are pretty well known in advance. The way I understand it is a player tests negative meaning the TE ratio was 1:4 they do not use CIR analysis. If it is positive they do. I would assume that plyers using TRT would fall under the 1:4 TE ratio, but a CIR analysis could detect the exogenous testosterone. As long as they ahve a legitimate medical exemption on file there would be no need to do a CIR analysis with a normal TE 1:4 reading. As I underastand the NCAA allows 1:6 as 1:4 is considered 95% accurate.

Blood Testing
- All Players shall be eligible to be tested for growth hormones through serum (blood) analysis. There are only a small percentage that are blood tested...Pre and regular season 2 athletes, Preseason, 5, off-season 10% of the roster.

FYI - since 2001 there have only been 258 suspensions for drug violations < 1% of all NFL players. There are an estimated 12,000 drug tests given in the NFL each year. This is why Texas high school sports (UIL) dropped drug testing all together. Anyway, defensive linemen and linebackers seem to be the worst offenders. Houston Texan linebacker Brian Cushing was suspended after he tested positive for HCG.

T

tareload

And worse yet, I know remember reading your earlier post! What happens if you have no biological passport yet? i.e., nothing to compare current test to
Carbon isotope ratio test result compared to an absolute scale range. No need for relative comparison to any baseline data.

See thesis pp. 14 to 16 above and another example paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

No, I don't have any numbers on legal exemptions but I am sure it is very low. Now here is the catch. They go to each club and randomly select 10 players and the selected athletes are given 24 hour notice to appear.. These visits are pretty well known in advance. The way I understand it is a player tests negative meaning the TE ratio was 1:4 they do not use CIR analysis. If it is positive they do. I would assume that plyers using TRT would fall under the 1:4 TE ratio, but a CIR analysis could detect the exogenous testosterone. As long as they ahve a legitimate medical exemption on file there would be no need to do a CIR analysis with a normal TE 1:4 reading. As I underastand the NCAA allows 1:6 as 1:4 is considered 95% accurate.

Blood Testing - All Players shall be eligible to be tested for growth hormones through serum (blood) analysis. There are only a small percentage that are blood tested...Pre and regular season 2 athletes, Preseason, 5, off-season 10% of the roster.

FYI - since 2001 there have only been 258 suspensions for drug violations < 1% of all NFL players. There are an estimated 12,000 drug tests given in the NFL each year. This is why Texas high school sports (UIL) dropped drug testing all together. Anyway, defensive linemen and linebackers seem to be the worst offenders. Houston Texan linebacker Brian Cushing was suspended after he tested positive for HCG.
Thank-you for the fantastic summary BigTex.

RickB

Low T...ADHD...asthma. I wonder how many athletes have scripts that get them around doping bans. I've heard it's prevalent in college sports, not sure about pro leagues.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me