Principles of Testosterone and hCG Injection Technique

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
No problem pushing cyp. oil through these 31g needles? And here I am on the fence, leaning towards going with 27g, concerned that a 29g might be problematic. 29g, let alone 31g, sure would make daily or EOD injections easier to run with.

Most are using 27-31G and there should be no issue with using 30-31G even with big pharma cyp which uses cottonseed as the carrier oil.

Some may find when using the higher-end gauges that drawing/injecting may be slower but keep in mind that most injecting EOD let alone daily are drawing/injecting a minimal volume of the oily solution.

The most commonly prescribed esterified T (TC/TE) is the 200mg/mL strength.

Most men on trt are injecting 100-200 mg T/week and even then most would never need the higher end dose to achieve a healthy, high, let alone in many cases absurdly high FT.

Some may need the higher end dose but it is far from common.

Many can easily achieve such FT levels injecting 100-150 mg T/week whether split twice weekly (every 3.5 days), M/W/F, or EOD let alone daily.

Many injecting dailies are using .05 mL/5 units (10 mg T)--->.12 mL/12 units (24 mg T).

Some outliers are using less.

As you can see the volume of oil being drawn/injected is minimal.

And here I am on the fence, leaning towards going with 27g, concerned that a 29g might be problematic. 29g, let alone 31g, sure would make daily or EOD injections easier to run with.

Of course as not only will you minimize any pain/scar tissue, especially when poking yourself frequently but you can also draw/inject using the same syringe (fixed needle) let alone minimize the loss of any wasted medication from using an LDS (low dead space) fixed insulin syringe.

DJXS

For Canadians on trt:

Syringes (Sure Comfort, BD, Terumo) FREE SHIPPING

BD ALCOHOL SWABS
View attachment 10543

BD SAFE-CLIP Needle Clipping & Storage Device (Stores 1,500 Needles)
View attachment 10544

Sure Comfort Insulin Syringes 27-31 gauge (1/2",5/16") box 100
View attachment 10547

Perfect for subcutaneous injections (low dose T daily/EOD)

BD INSULIN SYRINGE 0.5ML, 31G x 6MM NEEDLE
View attachment 10545

BD INSULIN SYRINGE 0.3ML, 31G x 8MM NEEDLE

View attachment 10546
No problem pushing cyp. oil through these 31g needles? And here I am on the fence, leaning towards going with 27g, concerned that a 29g might be problematic
When I first started trt I was using the 1 ml BD U-100 insulin syringes 28 gauge 1/2 inch needle length.

I have been injecting T 150 mg/week (75 mg every 3.5 days) strictly sub-q in my abdominal fat for the 3 years I have been on trt and have tried various insulin syringes (gauge/needle length) and eventually switched over to the .5ml insulin syringes.....hands down these are the best I have used as not only do I find drawing/injecting quick, virtually pain free, minimal trauma to tissue, and the .5 ml syringes are more compact and feel better in the hand and top it off with the fact that the scale markings on the barrel can be easier for some to read when measuring accurate doses.

I purchase these as I live in Canada!

BD 324920 INSULIN SYRINGE 0.5ML, 31G X 6MM NEEDLE
View attachment 8905

If I were injecting daily or EOD than I would definitely switch over to the .3 ml syringes same gauge/needle length.

US
BD Ultra-Fine Insulin Syringes | 6mm Insulin Syringes | Total Diabetes Supply
View attachment 8906
Where does this protocol put your TT and FT and estradiol at trough, with what SHBG? Do you include any ancillaries, such as HCG and AI?

Last edited:
T

tareload

When I first started trt I was using the 1 ml BD U-100 insulin syringes 28 gauge 1/2 inch needle length.

I have been injecting T 150 mg/week (75 mg every 3.5 days) strictly sub-q in my abdominal fat for the 3 years I have been on trt and have tried various insulin syringes (gauge/needle length) and eventually switched over to the .5ml insulin syringes.....hands down these are the best I have used as not only do I find drawing/injecting quick, virtually pain free, minimal trauma to tissue, and the .5 ml syringes are more compact and feel better in the hand and top it off with the fact that the scale markings on the barrel can be easier for some to read when measuring accurate doses.

I purchase these as I live in Canada!

BD 324920 INSULIN SYRINGE 0.5ML, 31G X 6MM NEEDLE
View attachment 8905

If I were injecting daily or EOD than I would definitely switch over to the .3 ml syringes same gauge/needle length.

US
BD Ultra-Fine Insulin Syringes | 6mm Insulin Syringes | Total Diabetes Supply
View attachment 8906
What's your approx peak and trough TT levels with this dosing schedule? Thanks in advance.

SHBG and same with fT if you got the data.

Last edited by a moderator:

madman

Super Moderator
No problem pushing cyp. oil through these 31g needles? And here I am on the fence, leaning towards going with 27g, concerned that a 29g might be problematic

Where does this protocol put your TT and FT and estradiol, with what SHBG? Do you include any ancillaries, such as HCG and AI?

hCG 500IU twice weekly and never used an AI.

trough
TT 900 ng/dL
FT 30-34 ng/dL
SHBG 32 nmol/L
Estradiol 39 pg/mL

DJXS

hCG 500IU twice weekly and never used an AI.

trough
TT 900 ng/dL
FT 30-34 ng/dL
SHBG 32 nmol/L
Estradiol 39 pg/mL
That's awesome, it looks like you're dialed in nicely! Hematocrit, lipids, etc. look good with this too, I hope. Thanks for sharing!

madman

Super Moderator
8.1 Injection area selection

A plethora of research, using various imaging techniques, has demonstrated that – regardless of age, BMI, gender, or race – skin thickness (epidermis and dermis) is relatively consistent; it ranges from 1.25 mm to 3.25 mm at its extremes but averages approximately 2 mm. (22,104-110)

*The thickness of subcutaneous tissue has a much wider variance and is related to gender, body site, and BMI. The subcutaneous layer increases proportionally with an increase in BMI (Figure 11). (22,66,106,111-113)

Figure 11. Subcutaneous tissue (in mm) in male and female adults: the mean values (bold) and ranges (in parentheses) are the results of a series of studies using ultrasound(4)
Screenshot (13025).png

The buttocks are noted to have the thickest subcutaneous layer, followed by the abdomen, arm, and thigh.
The subcutaneous thickness can vary slightly within the same anatomical area. (109) Women are noted to have approximately 5 mm greater subcutaneous fat than men with the same BMI.(1,22,65,109-114)

Best practice indicates that rates of unexplained hypoglycemia and increased glycemic variability are lower when the abdomen is used exclusively as an injection site.

1. To avoid intramuscular injection, and in consideration of safety and ease in self-injection, the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks are the recommended self-injection areas for adults. The buttocks are noted to have the thickest subcutaneous layer of these areas. (4,106,108-110)

2. The areas of injection are defined as:

Abdomen boundaries: 1 cm above symphysis, 1 cm below lowest rib, 1 cm away from the umbilicus, and laterally at the flanks

Thighs: upper 3rd anterior lateral aspect of both thighs

Buttocks: posterior lateral aspect of both upper buttocks and flanks

T

tareload

trough
TT 900 ng/dL
FT 30-34 ng/dL
SHBG 32 nmol/L
Estradiol 39 pg/mL

but I sincerely would love to know your peak FT 12-24 hours after your injection.

Trough tends to run between 800-900 ng/dL.

Peak low 1200s.

Tool you guys can use to convert between peak/mean/trough for different injection frequencies:

1662682863934.png

Example from above:

Trough ~850
Use E3.5D frequency
Peak = 1.4 × 850 = approx 1200 ng/dl

Remember madman is estimating his fT with Tru-T. With Vermueluen his trough fT is about 20 ng/dl so equilibrium dialysis may yield less than 20. That would put his peak at 1.4 × ~20 = 28 ng,/dl.

Remind me your bump with hCG @madman and I will correct for it and add you to dose response chart if you like. Would be great to have members here on the chart as well. You should be one of the first on there with Nelson and Cataceous.

1662683782684.png

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

On the equivalent of 65 mg/week testosterone cypionate I average about 800 ng/dL. That's with SHBG around 30 nMol/L.
Thanks. I will make the EM member data markers really pop given the amazing info all of you provide.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me