Preventative effect of Metformin on BHP

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

Preventative effect of Metformin on BHP

Yehee Hong, Sanghun Lee, Sungho Won. The preventive effect of metformin on progression of benign prostate hyperplasia: A nationwide population-based cohort study in Korea. PLoS One. 2019 Jul 19;14(7):e0219394. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0219394. eCollection 2019.

Abstract
Metformin, a first-line treatment for type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), has recently been recognized for its pleotropic anti-proliferative, anti-cancer, and anti-aging effects. Contrary to the studies characterizing metformin effects in prostate cancer, little is known about these effects in BPH progression. With the Sample Cohort DB data during 2007 and 2017 from the Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service (HIRA) in South Korea, we investigated the preventative effect of metformin on BPH progression. The study population consisted of 211,648 BPH naïve patients that were diagnosed with BPH in 2009 and a follow-up occurrence of prostatectomy until 2017 that was defined as progression of BPH. These patients were divided into three treatment groups: without T2DM, T2DM without metformin, and T2DM with metformin. The hazard ratio in the T2DM with metformin group was 0.86 for prostatectomy compared to the group without T2DM (CI = 0.77-0.96, P value = 0.007) after adjusting for confounding factors such as age, comorbidity, residential area, level of hospital, and category of BPH medications. The T2DM with high-dose metformin group had a significantly lower risk of prostatectomy with hazard ratio of 0.76 (CI = 0.62-0.92, P value = 0.005) in stratified analysis. Our results suggest that metformin may improve BPH progression based on the reduced risk of prostatectomy, although T2DM effects on BPH were unclear. Future observational studies and prospective trials are needed to confirm the effects of metformin on BPH progression.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

nodoctor

I ran some metformin. I think it helped my blood sugar regulation permanently but hard to say cause I did other stuff. Pretty sure I read about either cancer risk or growth hormone suppression and dropped it permanently. BPH is more handled by stinging nettle root, saw palmetto, etc. unless it's super serious no?

Dicky

I ran some metformin. I think it helped my blood sugar regulation permanently but hard to say cause I did other stuff. Pretty sure I read about either cancer risk or growth hormone suppression and dropped it permanently. BPH is more handled by stinging nettle root, saw palmetto, etc. unless it's super serious no?
I for one tried the stinging nettle root and saw palmetto but didn't get any help from them. I haven't tried the metformin though.

nodoctor

ah. NDMA--not the only reason, but one of the reasons I dropped metformin. Worth noting that not ALL metformin formulations contained the NDMA (and NDMA is in a ton of stuff, but it's a confirmed carcinogen and they yanked Zantac because of it, so still seems like an issue. ) Here's a source:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me