PREGNYL hCG by MERCK CANADA

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
PREGNYL® (chorionic gonadotropin for injection, USP) 10,000 units/vial Human Gonadotropin

Merck Canada Inc.
16750 route Transcanadienne
Kirkland QC Canada H9H 4M7

The action of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is virtually identical to that of pituitary LH, although hCG appears to have a small degree of FSH activity as well. It stimulates the production of gonadal steroid hormones by stimulating the interstitial cells (Leydig cells) of the testis to produce androgens and the corpus luteum of the ovary to produce progesterone.

Androgen stimulation in the male leads to the development of secondary sex characteristics and may stimulate testicular descent when no anatomical impediment to descent is present.

HCG has no known effect on fat mobilization, appetite or sense of hunger, or body fat distribution. Following IM administration, an increase in serum chorionic gonadotropin concentrations may be observed within 2 hours. Peak concentrations occur within 6 hours and persist for approximately 36 hours. Serum chorionic gonadotropin levels begin to decline at 48 hours reaching undetectable levels after 72 hours. Chorionic gonadotropin is distributed primarily in the testes and ovaries of the male and female respectively, with small amounts possibly distributing into the proximal tubules of the renal cortex.

Blood levels of chorionic gonadotropin decline in a biphasic manner. The initial phase half-life has been reported between 5.6 and 11 hours, whereas the terminal phase half-life has been reported between 23 and 37.2 hours. Following IM administration of therapeutic doses, approximately 10- 12% of the dose is excreted in urine within 24 hours.

Drug Substance:

Chorionic Gonadotropin

Description

Chorionic gonadotropin is a glycoprotein substance, with a molecular weight of approximately 38600 secreted by the placenta and obtained from the urine of pregnant women. It is composed of nonidentical and noncovalently linked α and β subunits. The α subunits of CG is essentially identical to the α subunits of the human pituitary gonadotropins, luteinizing hormone, and follicle stimulation hormone, as well as to the α subunit of human TSH, however, the β subunit of CG differs in amino acid sequence from the other hormones

Chorionic gonadotropin occurs as a white or practically white, amorphous powder and is freely soluble in water.

Composition:

Each vial of Pregnyl® (chorionic gonadotropin for injection, USP) contains: 10,000 USP units of sterile lyophilized human chorionic gonadotropin plus 5 mg of monobasic sodium phosphate monohydrate and 4.4 mg of dibasic sodium phosphate anhydrous (pH may have been adjusted with sodium hydroxide and/or phosphoric acid).

Each vial of Pregnyl® solvent contains: 10mL of Water for Injection, 0.9% of benzyl alcohol, 0.56% sodium chloride and a trace amount of sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid.

Stability and Storage Recommendations:

Store at 15°C - 30°C. The reconstituted solution is stable for 28 days when refrigerated (2°C - 8°C).

Incompatibilities:

In the absence of compatibility studies, this medicinal product must not be mixed with other medicinal products.

Reconstituted Solution:

Direction for reconstitution Reconstitute

Pregnyl® 10,000 USP units to the desired concentration by addition of the required amount of the solvent supplied. Remove 1 to 10 mL of the solvent and add to the vial with the lyophilized Pregnyl®, agitate gently until the powder is completely dissolved.

When reconstituted with 10mL of the solvent, the concentration of Chorionic Gonadotropin is 1,000 USP units/mL. The solvent contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol.

AVAILABILITY

Each package contains two vials: one multi-dose vial of Pregnyl® (chorionic gonadotropin for injection, USP) 10,000 USP units plus one vial of 10 mL sterile Pregnyl® solvent.

3 boxes Pregnyl $287.10 CAD (not covered by insurance)

Screenshot (2983).png

Screenshot (2984).png

Screenshot (2985).png

Screenshot (2986).png

Attachments

• 2020DEC20-PREGNYL-PM_E.pdf
    246.9 KB · Views: 93
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Ardoc2

Madman, I am in Ontario, Canada and I think you are as well? If so, are you able to get Pregnyl now? I used to be able to get it but for the last couple years or so, I've only been able to get the 'Fresenius Kabi" brand which I haven't heard of other than my pharmacy having it.

madman

Super Moderator
Madman, I am in Ontario, Canada and I think you are as well? If so, are you able to get Pregnyl now? I used to be able to get it but for the last couple years or so, I've only been able to get the 'Fresenius Kabi" brand which I haven't heard of other than my pharmacy having it.

Yes as this is my most recent prescription.

madman

Super Moderator

Chorionic Gonadotropin for Injection, USP (10 000 USP Units) is the generic brand manufactured by Fresenius Kabi Canada Ltd.

The main difference between PREGNYL and the generic is in the composition of the lyophilized powder and solvent.

Merck Canada Inc. (PREGNYL)

Each vial of Pregnyl® (chorionic gonadotropin for injection, USP) contains: 10,000 USP units of sterile lyophilized human chorionic gonadotropin plus 5 mg of monobasic sodium phosphate monohydrate and 4.4 mg of dibasic sodium phosphate anhydrous (pH may have been adjusted with sodium hydroxide and/or phosphoric acid).

Each vial of Pregnyl® solvent contains: 10mL of Water for Injection, 0.9% of benzyl alcohol, 0.56% sodium chloride and a trace amount of sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid

Fresenius Kabi Canada Ltd. (hCG)

Each vial of Chorionic Gonadotropin for Injection, USP contains: Chorionic gonadotropin 10 000 USP units; mannitol 100 mg; sodium phosphate monobasic and sodium phosphate dibasic for adjustment of pH.

In addition, when reconstituted with the diluent provided (Bacteriostatic Water for Injection, USP containing 0.9% benzyl alcohol), each vial contains benzyl alcohol 0.9%.

Screenshot (2989).png

Attachments

• 2020DEC21-FRESENIUS-KABI-HCG-Prescribing-Information-ENG-v1-040820.pdf
    124.5 KB · Views: 75

Ardoc2

Thank you for all the info Madman! I will ask my pharmacy if they can get it again. I have developed an intolerance for HCG at all but the lowest doses (100iu/day or 200iu EOD) so far hasn't caused the anxiety etc to return. When i saw your post it made me realize that the issue arose around the same time I switched from Pregnyl. Do you think the differences described could possibly be responsible for the change in my experience? Prior to the issue I had all the benefits without noticeable sides at 350iu 3x/week. Thanks again!

madman

Super Moderator
Thank you for all the info Madman! I will ask my pharmacy if they can get it again. I have developed an intolerance for HCG at all but the lowest doses (100iu/day or 200iu EOD) so far hasn't caused the anxiety etc to return. When i saw your post it made me realize that the issue arose around the same time I switched from Pregnyl. Do you think the differences described could possibly be responsible for the change in my experience? Prior to the issue I had all the benefits without noticeable sides at 350iu 3x/week. Thanks again!

If you run into any issues obtaining it then PM me!

Hard to say for sure but you may very well fair better on the PREGNYL.

The only way to know is to switch back over and gauge how you feel.

Ardoc2

UPDATE: I was just informed I am able to get Pregnyl again (Canada) from the new pharmacy I deal with. And unless they misquoted me, it is half the price I would be paying for Fresenius Kabi (Generic?) HCG. Just a heads up for those looking.

MDavidW76

UPDATE: I was just informed I am able to get Pregnyl again (Canada) from the new pharmacy I deal with. And unless they misquoted me, it is half the price I would be paying for Fresenius Kabi (Generic?) HCG. Just a heads up for those looking.
@Ardoc2
I’m from BC, however, I live in Washington State, and it’s not that much of a drive to Canada for me. Which Canadian pharmacy do you deal with.

Ardoc2

it is actually out of stock again but I managed to get a generic after not getting any for a month. It’s Progressive Pharmacy & Compounding in Burlington, Ontario

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me