Pregnenolone question

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

If I have natural DHEA-S levels at the top end of the range, sometimes slightly over, is it physiologically impossible for my pregnenolone levels to be low? DHEA can only be made from pregnenolone, correct? So in order for my DHEA to be high, I must have good levels of pregnenolone, right? What do you guys think. FYI, every time I’ve had pregnenolone tested with Quest, it’s comes back <5. So extremely low, according to them. But not sure how reliable the pregnenolone test is, I’ve heard it’s not the best. I ask because I’m trialing out a tiny dose of pregnenolone cream from Empower, and I think it might be giving me a spaced out feeling. I have brain fog, so not sure if it’s just the brain fog, or if I’m a little more spacey due to the pregnenolone.

1550092388370.gif

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

Don't know the specific answer to your question, but I know that with no pregnenolone or too much i get the same experience you do.
25mg seems to hit the spot just right for me.
I do believe, based on everything I've read and heard from good docs, that there's a need to backfill with both DHEA & Preg (when tolerated).

Don't know the specific answer to your question, but I know that with no pregnenolone or too much i get the same experience you do.
25mg seems to hit the spot just right for me.
I do believe, based on everything I've read and heard from good docs, that there's a need to backfill with both DHEA & Preg (when tolerated).

Thanks Sean. I just had a consultation with Dr Saya but forgot to ask about this. I think at the end of the day, it'd be worth trying 25mg when everything else I'm changing settles, and see if I feel better on that than without.

He did notice that my DHEA level looks great since starting TRT.

The Preg test is unreliable or just not a good test and then it can be expensive for me so following the same downstream logic most people would defer to testing one step down which is Progesterone and an good assumption can be made if Prog is good then so would be Preg.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me