Pregnenolone and Progesterone for Men: Pharmacokinetics and Studies

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Ok. I hear you. Crisler did an interview years ago that said it made a huge difference in many of his patients lives even if they were within normal range. I’ll probably look into it because just about every afternoon I crash hard around 4:30.
Did crisler say how he treated those people for their cortisol issues? I would love to optimize my levels, but just not open to using any of the synthetic medications to do so. Is there such thing as bio-identical cortisol that someone could take?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SSHSSA74

Did crisler say how he treated those people for their cortisol issues? I would love to optimize my levels, but just not open to using any of the synthetic medications to do so. Is there such thing as bio-identical cortisol that someone could take?
Yes. There is bio-identical. He said 5-10mg in am and 5-10 mg pm when start to crash.

Gman86

They start off talking about Pregnenolone but quickly move to adrenal fatigue being treated with cortisol.
Half way through and this is really great stuff so far. Thanks a bunch for linking it. I remember reading something years ago about how pregnenolone was widely used for things that we now use corticosteroids for. Once they were able to patent a medication that basically acted as cortisol, they stopped using pregnenolone as much. They go over this exact thing at the beginning of the podcast. Reading that article years ago always made me wonder if I could use pregnenolone to increase cortisol naturally. But when u try to research about this it’s hard to get a straight answer. Some sources say it raises cortisol, some say it decreases cortisol, king of like an adaptogen. It does one or the other depending on what u need. Which never sat well with me. Gonna go listen to the rest of the podcast. Think I’m gonna start using the topical pregnenolone I have tomorrow morning tho

SSHSSA74

Half way through and this is really great stuff so far. Thanks a bunch for linking it. I remember reading something years ago about how pregnenolone was widely used for things that we now use corticosteroids for. Once they were able to patent a medication that basically acted as cortisol, they stopped using pregnenolone as much. They go over this exact thing at the beginning of the podcast. Reading that article years ago always made me wonder if I could use pregnenolone to increase cortisol naturally. But when u try to research about this it’s hard to get a straight answer. Some sources say it raises cortisol, some say it decreases cortisol, king of like an adaptogen. It does one or the other depending on what u need. Which never sat well with me. Gonna go listen to the rest of the podcast. Think I’m gonna start using the topical pregnenolone I have tomorrow morning tho
Anytime. Yes, def good info. Hope it works for you. Preg just killed my libido eventually but gave me clarity and good sleep for two weeks.

Gman86

Anytime. Yes, def good info. Hope it works for you. Preg just killed my libido eventually but gave me clarity and good sleep for two weeks.
Any ideas why it dropped libido so much? What form were u taking and what was ur dose? What time of day did u take it?

SSHSSA74

Any ideas why it dropped libido so much? What form were u taking and what was ur dose? What time of day did u take it?
I think we talked about this on another thread. My estradiol shot up. I applied 25 mg per night shortly before bed topical to my chest.

Mfurches

So im not very familiar pregenolone and I’m just trying to catch up. Do you take it in place of hcg or at the same time ? Or is it unrelated?

JimGainz

You have nothing to lose. I would start at 100 mg nightly and see how you feel. It may have some calming effect on you.
I am going to try this. I’ve been having some intermittent anxiety - mind racing - and have always dealt with sleep issues (I sleep very soundly but wake up every 1-1.5 hours all night long).

I assume there would be no desensitizing from the dose or any withdrawal if you stopped taking it?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I started 100 mg pregnenolone 6 months ago. I took an oral supplement and also tried the Empower pharmacy prescription capsules (100 mg each). My pregnenolone blood level went from nil to 95 ng/dL with either one of them. I am not sure I felt any different. Sleep seemed a lot deeper, but not every night. Mood was good but I cannot honestly say if it was due to the pregnenolone. My language fluidity also seemed much improved.

I increased my dose to 300 mg per night since most studies used 400 mg/day. It took me weeks to realize that the higher blood pressure issues that I was experiencing were due to this dose. I had to start taking a combo of a diuretic plus a calcium channel blocker.

I realized that the 300 mg pregnenolone may be the cause for my higher blood pressure.

I stopped the higher dose pregnenolone a week ago and my blood pressure is back to normal now.

I searched for increased blood pressure in different studies and found the opposite (500 mg/day):

"According to these earlier reports, pregnenolone was very well tolerated with minimal side effects, and did not affect weight, heart rate, blood pressure (even in patients with hypertension), menstrual cycle, or glucose levels (either in diabetics or non-diabetics)."

I bet if I had taken it with progesterone, this higher blood pressure may not have happened. I may try that combo in the future but I am still debating what is the best progesterone dose and route of administration.

Gman86

I started 100 mg pregnenolone 6 months ago. I took an oral supplement and also tried the Empower pharmacy prescription capsules (100 mg each). My pregnenolone blood level went from nil to 95 ng/dL with either one of them. I am not sure I felt any different. Sleep seemed a lot deeper, but not every night. Mood was good but I cannot honestly say if it was due to the pregnenolone. My language fluidity also seemed much improved.

I increased my dose to 300 mg per night since most studies used 400 mg/day. It took me weeks to realize that the higher blood pressure issues that I was experiencing were due to this dose. I had to start taking a combo of a diuretic plus a calcium channel blocker.

I realized that the 300 mg pregnenolone may be the cause for my higher blood pressure.

I stopped the higher dose pregnenolone a week ago and my blood pressure is back to normal now.

I searched for increased blood pressure in different studies and found the opposite (500 mg/day):

"According to these earlier reports, pregnenolone was very well tolerated with minimal side effects, and did not affect weight, heart rate, blood pressure (even in patients with hypertension), menstrual cycle, or glucose levels (either in diabetics or non-diabetics)."

I bet if I had taken it with progesterone, this higher blood pressure may not have happened. I may try that combo in the future but I am still debating what is the best progesterone dose and route of administration.

Do u know if empowers preg raised ur progesterone level at all?

Gianluca

Pregnenolone 300mg per day seems a bit too much, to my understanding most guys do well with 50/100mg. I tried once 150mg oral capsule from empower, and my anxiety increased. I have been doing pretty good lately with Progesterone/Pregnenolone cream combo, 12.5mg Progesterone and 50mg Pregnenolone, I'm going to try 25mg Progesterone soon, 50mg pregnenolone cream seems enough. I like this combo to raise Progesterone better than Pregnenolone capsule

DragonBits

What is anyone's experience with how long before sleep to rub on progesterone cream? I was wondering how long it takes to absorb and when might be the peak level?

(I did read through this sub, but most times posters just say something general like at night, I couldn't sus out the timing.)

BTW, I have gotten dizzy during the day from overdosing on progesterone, very weird type of dizzy, like a max headroom experience.

Anonymon

Pregnenolone 300mg per day seems a bit too much, to my understanding most guys do well with 50/100mg. I tried once 150mg oral capsule from empower, and my anxiety increased. I have been doing pretty good lately with Progesterone/Pregnenolone cream combo, 12.5mg Progesterone and 50mg Pregnenolone, I'm going to try 25mg Progesterone soon, 50mg pregnenolone cream seems enough. I like this combo to raise Progesterone better than Pregnenolone capsule
Seems like everyone processes it a little differently. I’ve tried much lower doses of oral pregnenolone from the good brands recommended here and others, but didn’t have much luck in terms of how I felt or serum levels on blood tests. Been doing great with 400mg though, all at once in the morning. I’ve tried lowering it but it’s a clear dose response relationship for me, and works well when combined with T3 (22-30mcg a day). Feels like the good benefits I got from hydrocortisone but without the downsides, other than it being more expensive than testosterone. Cleared up some eczema too, and helped with the issues I have retaining water and being hydrated.

I don’t think many people need that much, but at least for me coming from a PFS background, it’s been wonderful.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have bad news to report about my experience with pregnenolone (100 mg per night up to 300 mg per night).

During the past few months while using it I had to up my dose of blood pressure meds since my BP was increasing dramatically (no changes in weight, stress, hormones, etc).

I decided to stop the pregnenolone and 2 days later my BP was back to baseline. That has remained so for two weeks even as I scaled back my HTN treatment.

Pregnenolone can potentially have an effect on aldosterone and cortisol. I am not sure if this explains my increased BP.

pregnenolone progesterone testosterone dht estradiol cascade.jpg

I will report in a few weeks to make sure this is not just a coincidence.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me