Pregnenolone and Progesterone for Men: Pharmacokinetics and Studies

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I would guess because the increase in Progesterone
Hmm, that’s interesting cuz there’s a few guys on here trying scrotal progesterone, because they heard about another few guys that tried it and their libido’s went up considerably

Is progesterone known to decrease libido? Aren’t u taking progesterone currently?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

Hmm, that’s interesting cuz there’s a few guys on here trying scrotal progesterone, because they heard about another few guys that tried it and their libido’s went up considerably

Is progesterone known to decrease libido? Aren’t u taking progesterone currently?

there have been men reporting loss in libido/erection when taking Pregnenolone, I always understood that could happen for the conversion to Progesterone, perhaps these men were doing fine with their Progesterone level prior Pregnenolone supplementation. There must be a U curve with Progesterone as well.

I have been experimenting for the past two weeks with 100mg Pregnenolone capsule, but divided in two doses this time, to see if Progesterone level would further increase this way, and if I would obtain more anxiolytic effect from it. I just draw blood yesterday, curios to see the results, as I was complaining of loss in libido/penis sensitivity, which I attribute to the more circulating Progesterone. Although, last weekend I was feeling great in regards to sex drive/libido, I'm not sure if I have adopted to the change or something else, perhaps the more vitamin D from tanning at the beach! I will monitor everything week

Gman86

there have been men reporting loss in libido/erection when taking Pregnenolone, I always understood that could happen for the conversion to Progesterone, perhaps these men were doing fine with their Progesterone level prior Pregnenolone supplementation. There must be a U curve with Progesterone as well.

I have been experimenting for the past two weeks with 100mg Pregnenolone capsule, but divided in two doses this time, to see if Progesterone level would further increase this way, and if I would obtain more anxiolytic effect from it. I just draw blood yesterday, curios to see the results, as I was complaining of loss in libido/penis sensitivity, which I attribute to the more circulating Progesterone. Although, last weekend I was feeling great in regards to sex drive/libido, I'm not sure if I have adopted to the change or something else, perhaps the more vitamin D from tanning at the beach! I will monitor everything week
When u were tanning on the beach ur libido was great, or when u were tanning that’s when libido wasn’t so good? I assume the former

Can’t wait to see ur lab results, in regards to the preg’s effects in progesterone. Didn’t Nelson do this same experiment recently and report that the preg raised his preg levels but didn’t raise his progesterone levels? Do u remember his lab results and the preg’s effect on his progesterone levels, I could be wrong, but I remember his preg either having no effect on progesterone, or extremely little effect. Which makes me think that maybe preg’s negative effect on libido, for some men, might be due to something else that preg is doing

Gianluca

When u were tanning on the beach ur libido was great, or when u were tanning that’s when libido wasn’t so good? I assume the former

Can’t wait to see ur lab results, in regards to the preg’s effects in progesterone. Didn’t Nelson do this same experiment recently and report that the preg raised his preg levels but didn’t raise his progesterone levels? Do u remember his lab results and the preg’s effect on his progesterone levels, I could be wrong, but I remember his preg either having no effect on progesterone, or extremely little effect. Which makes me think that maybe preg’s negative effect on libido, for some men, might be due to something else that preg is doing

Neslon saw no increase in Progesterone, because he took a Pregnenolone cap in a lipid matrix, which by passes the liver, Pregnenolone need to go for the first pass in the liver to be converted into Progesterone.

Tanning at the beach always makes everything better for me, libido included

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

Neslon saw no increase in Progesterone, because he took a Pregnenolone cap in a lipid matrix, which by passes the liver, Pregnenolone need to go for the first pass in the liver to be converted into Progesterone.

Tanning at the beach always make everything better for me, libido included
This is interesting. Guess I'll need to try preg caps when I actually follow through with my preg experiment.

Gianluca

@Gman86 my Progesterone came back at .7 labcorp scale, so if I either take 100mg cap, 50mg cap or 50mg cap twice per day of Pregnenolone, my Progesterone always stays at about .7, perhaps my body likes that level of Progesterone.

Result: dividing in two, the Pregnenolone dose in a day, doesn’t further increase Progesterone level

Gman86

@Gman86 my Progesterone came back at .7 labcorp scale, so if I either take 100mg cap, 50mg cap or 50mg cap twice per day of Pregnenolone, my Progesterone always stays at about .7, perhaps my body likes that level of Progesterone.

Result: dividing in two, the Pregnenolone dose in a day, doesn’t further increase Progesterone level
What’s the range on ur prog lab?

So ur level came back at 0.7 while on 100mg of preg as well as 50mg of preg?

What’s ur baseline level of progesterone while on just testosterone, no HCG, DHEA, preg or prog?

Gianluca

What’s the range on ur prog lab?

So ur level came back at 0.7 while on 100mg of preg as well as 50mg of preg?

What’s ur baseline level of progesterone while on just testosterone, no HCG, DHEA, preg or prog?
Pregnenolone level, on 100mg capsule always comes back about 100, Labcorp scale. Taking 100mg in one time or taking 50mg twice per day, increase my Progesterone/Pregnenolone at same level, but I do think if I split the dose am/lunch, my anxiety improves, or maybe just placebo. I do think that, the later during the day I take Pregnenolone, the more trouble I have with sleep. I think if I take it at night, sometimes it helps with sleep, but most often not.

baseline progesterone was .1 stopped HCG a couple of years ago

Last edited:

Gman86

Pregnenolone level, on 100mg capsule always comes back about 100, Labcorp scale. Taking 100mg in one time or taking 50mg twice per day, increase my Progesterone/Pregnenolone at same level, but I do think if I split the dose am/lunch, my anxiety improves, or maybe just placebo. I do think that, the later during the day I take Pregnenolone, the more trouble I have with sleep. I think if I take it at night, sometimes it helps with sleep, but most often not.

baseline progesterone was .1 stopped HCG a couple of years ago
So is ur prog level the same on 100mg of preg and 50mg of prog? Do both doses bring ur prog levels to 0.7?

My baseline prog is also around 0.1 on TRT

Gianluca

So is ur prog level the same on 100mg of preg and 50mg of prog? Do both doses bring ur prog levels to 0.7?

My baseline prog is also around 0.1 on TRT
Yes, I bet if I would take a 25 or 200mg the result would be the same

how do you feel in regards to anxiety, adrenal function with that low level of Progesterone?

Gman86

Yes, I bet if I would take a 25 or 200mg the result would be the same

how do you feel in regards to anxiety, adrenal function with that low level of Progesterone?
Zero anxiety. 99% of the time having high levels of androgens on HRT has completely eliminated any feelings of depression or anxiety, even with extremely low prog levels

adrenal wise it might be effecting me, not sure. Still have brain fog and a decent amount of fatigue, mainly in the afternoon, and then it will get a bit better at night. Around 3pm I struggle pretty good fatigue wise. But I also haven’t had a day off from work since last year and don’t get enough sleep (cuz of my work hours) so not sure how much the low prog is playing into everything. I’ve been applying 25mg of prog cream to my scrotum for a little less than a week now, don’t think I notice any differences really, but will get labs done soon to see where the 25mg of cream brings my prog levels to. Might need a higher dose to get levels up, we’ll see

Gianluca

Zero anxiety. 99% of the time having high levels of androgens on HRT has completely eliminated any feelings of depression or anxiety, even with extremely low prog levels

adrenal wise it might be effecting me, not sure. Still have brain fog and a decent amount of fatigue, mainly in the afternoon, and then it will get a bit better at night. Around 3pm I struggle pretty good fatigue wise. But I also haven’t had a day off from work since last year and don’t get enough sleep (cuz of my work hours) so not sure how much the low prog is playing into everything. I’ve been applying 25mg of prog cream to my scrotum for a little less than a week now, don’t think I notice any differences really, but will get labs done soon to see where the 25mg of cream brings my prog levels to. Might need a higher dose to get levels up, we’ll see
Fixing sleep may improve your PM drop in energy. What is your FT at?

SSHSSA74

Fixing sleep may improve your PM drop in energy. What is your FT a

Have you tried Cortisol for fatigue?

Gman86

Fixing sleep may improve your PM drop in energy. What is your FT at?
Oh getting better sleep will probably clear up my afternoon fatigue for sure

Last time I had free T tested was 6-24-21. Was on 175mg test, 100mg nandrolone, 15mg Oxandrolone/ day, and 3iu’s of HGH upon waking everyday. Free T was 47.1 (8.7-25.1)

Gman86

Cortisol has always interested me actually. I have naturally high DHEA-S levels, and I’ve read that DHEA and cortisol have an inverse relationship. Ive had brain fog ever since I started HRT 8 years ago, and I’ve always wondered if low cortisol was my issue. I had a 4 point saliva test done when I first got into HRT. I never saw the results, but the doctor said it looked fine. And I’ve had serum cortisol tested a few times, and it’s always on the low end, IIRC, but not super low or anything. The reason I haven’t pursued it to deeply is because I’m not willing to take any of the medications that increase it, so I’ve just taken the stance of trying to be as healthy as possible, and if I do in fact have low cortisol, I’m just hoping it resolves itself overtime

Gianluca

Oh getting better sleep will probably clear up my afternoon fatigue for sure

Last time I had free T tested was 6-24-21. Was on 175mg test, 100mg nandrolone, 15mg Oxandrolone/ day, and 3iu’s of HGH upon waking everyday. Free T was 47.1 (8.7-25.1)
I’m quiet ignorant about Nandrolone and Oxandrolone, do they help raising FT? Do you get these from Defy?

Gman86

I’m quiet ignorant about Nandrolone and Oxandrolone, do they help raising FT? Do you get these from Defy?
Ya both were prescribed by defy

Nandrolone is just a steroid that is more anabolic than testosterone, but less androgenic. It converts extremely little into E2 and prolactin. On 300mg of nandrolone a person can expect to see an E2 in the single digits. Prolactin most likely in the single digits as well. It also converts into DHN, not DHT. DHN is kind of like a much weaker version of DHT. A lot of guys like nandrolone because it’s one of the most, if not the most, hair safe steroid out there. Men usually use it because it helps lubricate joints, and can relieve chronic joint pain, usually only while on it. When discontinued the joint pain usually comes right back. It also doesn’t bind to SHBG, as far as I know. Men also can use it to raise their androgens, without their E2 and prolactin also going up, which can result in a more favorable androgen to estrogen ratio. Here’s a pretty good video where dr Lichten talks about its other benefits. It’s a very interesting compound. Really glad that it’s one of the few legal steroids that can be prescribed.

Oxandrolone is just an oral steroid that helps improve recovery, possibly decreases visceral fat, increases strength, increases lean muscle tissue, and doesn’t convert into E2 or prolactin

and to answer ur question, Oxandrolone will raise free T by drastically lowering SHBG. Nandrolone will raise free androgens. So there will be more activation at the androgen receptors, but not sure if it will raise free T on a blood test

Last edited:

Gianluca

Ya both were prescribed by defy

Nandrolone is just a steroid that is more anabolic than testosterone, but less androgenic. It converts extremely little into E2 and prolactin. On 300mg of nandrolone a person can expect to see an E2 in the single digits. Prolactin most likely in the single digits as well. It also converts into DHN, not DHT. DHN is kind of like a much weaker version of DHT. A lot of guys like nandrolone because it’s one of the most, if not the most, hair safe steroids out there. Men usually use it because it helps lubricate joints, and can relieve chronic joint pain, usually only while on it. When discontinued the joint pain usually comes right back. It also doesn’t bind to SHBG, as far as I know. Men also can use it to raise their androgens, without their E2 and prolactin also going up, which can result in a more favorable androgen to estrogen ratio. Here’s a pretty good video where dr Lichten talks about its other benefits. It’s a very interesting compound. Really glad that it’s one of the few legal steroids that can be prescribed.

Oxandrolone is just an oral steroid that helps improve recovery, possibly decreases visceral fat, increases strength, increases lean muscle tissue, and doesn’t convert into E2

and to answer ur question, Oxandrolone will raise free T by drastically lowering SHBG. Nandrolone will raise free androgens. So there will be more activation at the androgen receptors, but not sure if it will raise free T on a blood test

Thanks for the info, I’ll watch the video tonight. Does Nandrolone increase hemoglobin?

SSHSSA74

Cortisol has always interested me actually. I have naturally high DHEA-S levels, and I’ve read that DHEA and cortisol have an inverse relationship. Ive had brain fog ever since I started HRT 8 years ago, and I’ve always wondered if low cortisol was my issue. I had a 4 point saliva test done when I first got into HRT. I never saw the results, but the doctor said it looked fine. And I’ve had serum cortisol tested a few times, and it’s always on the low end, IIRC, but not super low or anything. The reason I haven’t pursued it to deeply is because I’m not willing to take any of the medications that increase it, so I’ve just taken the stance of trying to be as healthy as possible, and if I do in fact have low cortisol, I’m just hoping it resolves itself overtime
Ok. I hear you. Crisler did an interview years ago that said it made a huge difference in many of his patients lives even if they were within normal range. I’ll probably look into it because just about every afternoon I crash hard around 4:30.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me