Pregnenolone, missing piece?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TucsonJJ

The brand is use is Pure Encapsulations. Yes, it’s immediate release. I’ve tried taking it in the morning and it gave me somewhat of a head fog every time I tried it AM. I figured out that 120 mg was the dosage I needed by starting with 30 mg for one month, feeling it’s positive effects on me mentally. Then, as the positive effects seem to be overridden or diminished, I upped the dosage for another 30-day period. After hitting 120 mg nightly, the positive mental effects never wore off. Given that I experience no side effects from 120 mg, I’ve just stuck with it.

Vision changes, most notably ‘seeing colors’ more brightly after I take it was an initial response to any dose increase, but fades quickly.

Only negative side effect is that it gives me a brain fog if I take AM or during the day. Other than that, it makes me significantly calmer and I do feel that it has played some role in restoring a more ‘natural balance’ to my protocol.
I have been using Swanson Vitamins for a long time... satisfied with their quality and especially their price... I know "Pure" is a good brand... but take a look at the difference in prices! I have not started Pregnenolone, as I am just 6 weeks into TRT... but plan to... maybe add some DHEA too...

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DS3

I have been using Swanson Vitamins for a long time... satisfied with their quality and especially their price... I know "Pure" is a good brand... but take a look at the difference in prices! I have not started Pregnenolone, as I am just 6 weeks into TRT... but plan to... maybe add some DHEA too...
Pure is definitely not cheap, but I can tell a difference in how I feel taking that brand versus Vitamin Shoppe brand. If you feel good on a more cost-effective brand then I say go with that. Pure was simply the brand that I found that I felt best on in comparison to Vitamin Shoppe brand.

TucsonJJ

Pure is definitely not cheap, but I can tell a difference in how I feel taking that brand versus Vitamin Shoppe brand. If you feel good on a more cost-effective brand then I say go with that. Pure was simply the brand that I found that I felt best on in comparison to Vitamin Shoppe brand.
Good to know... I have 10mg Swanson brand... will be starting slow... I get labs on Monday and will ask for a pregnenolone test... I have never taken any brand of pregnenolone... so if I don't feel great... I'll switch. Pure brand makes good stuff.

TucsonJJ

How much do you take, and how much Testosterone? Do you take DHEA too? Any AI?
Did you check blood levels before adding to your protocol? Thx!

GreenMachineX

I started 2.5mg sublingual pregnenolone today. I felt kind of tired like I should nap for several hours but eventually that went away. Also, I could smell *everything* lol. It was weird but I’ll try again tomorrow.

GreenMachineX

Small update here: first, for reference, my blood levels when tested were <10, and the reference range was <159.

Today is day 3 with 2.5mg sublingual. Every time I use it, I get tired and a little lethargic for about an hour or 2, and it may be harder to comprehend complex issues (or I’m just too tired for it). But, as time goes on, I feel more normal and even more relaxed than I have over the past several years. My daughter even noticed it. There are periods of an uneasy physical energy while my brain is tired. Yet, Im sleeping fantastic and even woke up with morning wood (forgot what this was!). I may switch to capsule tomorrow at 10mg as maybe the sublingual isn’t good for me. Also, yesterday for several hours in the evening, I felt like I wanted to grind my jaw which was bizarre. That’s all for now.

GreenMachineX

I wonder, if I’m having negative side effects, is there a chance those negatives will go away as my body gets used to it? I’m not taking any today I decided since the negatives are pretty negative, but I’ll try oral capsule at 10mg tomorrow or in the next week. I also need to transition to Armour thyroid from Synthroid, and debating on scrapping the pregnenolone until I do that, but I haven’t really decided.

Gianluca

Small update here: first, for reference, my blood levels when tested were <10, and the reference range was <159.

Today is day 3 with 2.5mg sublingual. Every time I use it, I get tired and a little lethargic for about an hour or 2, and it may be harder to comprehend complex issues (or I’m just too tired for it). But, as time goes on, I feel more normal and even more relaxed than I have over the past several years. My daughter even noticed it. There are periods of an uneasy physical energy while my brain is tired. Yet, Im sleeping fantastic and even woke up with morning wood (forgot what this was!). I may switch to capsule tomorrow at 10mg as maybe the sublingual isn’t good for me. Also, yesterday for several hours in the evening, I felt like I wanted to grind my jaw which was bizarre. That’s all for now.

take it at night before bed then

Gianluca

Yeah, didn’t like that!

I would like to know more about this, as I have suspected I have been having same issue for sometime, do you basically feel Pregnenolone makes you sleepy but at same time it makes you restlessness? could you explain in which way makes you restlessness?

Pregnenolone was a game changer for me, less anxiety, more calm, and increasing my progesterone had taken care of what I thought were high e2 symptoms. I tried to decrease it down to 50mg for a couple of days, and I thought I felt more irritable/stressed already, maybe a coincidence. On 100mg, my Pregnenolone LC/MS comes back at 100ng/dl, optimal is 180, so I have never thought I was taking too much. One time I tried 150mg and I thought it gave me lots of physical energy, but I thought I had then more anxiety and restless as well, so kind of confusing.

GreenMachineX

I would like to know more about this, as I have suspected I have been having same issue for sometime, do you basically feel Pregnenolone makes you sleepy but at same time it makes you restlessness? could you explain in which way makes you restlessness?

Pregnenolone was a game changer for me, less anxiety, more calm, and increasing my progesterone had taken care of what I thought were high e2 symptoms. I tried to decrease it down to 50mg for a couple of days, and I thought I felt more irritable/stressed already, maybe a coincidence. On 100mg, my Pregnenolone LC/MS comes back at 100ng/dl, optimal is 180, so I have never thought I was taking too much. One time I tried 150mg and I thought it gave me lots of physical energy, but I thought I had then more anxiety and restless as well, so kind of confusing.
It made me tired with lots of uneasy energy inside for a few hours each day, but it wasn’t consistent. I stopped after 3 days and am waiting for transdermal preg and DHEA. I gained water weight with it too and believe it elevated e2 too high, but the way I felt I wouldn’t wait to see on a blood test. The other thing though was at times I felt great and things that used to bother me didn’t anymore. So, some pros and some cons. I’m hoping the transdermal makes the difference. I can’t really say much more than that because it was only 3 days, but 3 days was enough to know what was happening was not a sustainable way to live.

Gianluca

It made me tired with lots of uneasy energy inside for a few hours each day, but it wasn’t consistent. I stopped after 3 days and am waiting for transdermal preg and DHEA. I gained water weight with it too and believe it elevated e2 too high, but the way I felt I wouldn’t wait to see on a blood test. The other thing though was at times I felt great and things that used to bother me didn’t anymore. So, some pros and some cons. I’m hoping the transdermal makes the difference. I can’t really say much more than that because it was only 3 days, but 3 days was enough to know what was happening was not a sustainable way to live.

I can relate to the "things that used to bother me didn't anymore" on pregnenolone, but like you said, pros and cons, I'm down to 50mg for the week, see what happens

GreenMachineX

I’ll be receiving the topical pregnenolone on Saturday. I have high hopes for this. I’ll also be receiving topical DHEA and topical resveratrol to hopefully control any aromatization from the preg or DHEA, but the theory is topical should prevent too much estrogen conversion as well.

I’ll start with just the topical preg on Sunday.

Gianluca

I’ll be receiving the topical pregnenolone on Saturday. I have high hopes for this. I’ll also be receiving topical DHEA and topical resveratrol to hopefully control any aromatization from the preg or DHEA, but the theory is topical should prevent too much estrogen conversion as well.

I’ll start with just the topical preg on Sunday.

very nice, please keep posted, if I'm correct, oral pregnenolone may be better for people who have anxiety, because down the pathway it gets converted into allopregnenolone, but still, I think even topically, will hit the blood stream and get some conversion to it, and other metabolites, maybe I'm wrong

GreenMachineX

very nice, please keep posted, if I'm correct, oral pregnenolone may be better for people who have anxiety, because down the pathway it gets converted into allopregnenolone, but still, I think even topically, will hit the blood stream and get some conversion to it, and other metabolites, maybe I'm wrong
So by your line of thought, oral capsule would be even better than sublingual as well, right?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me