Pregnenolone IR vs SR

Buy Lab Tests Online

Wolverine

U didn’t have DHT measured while on the prog cream by any chance did u?
Wish I would have. I did have DHT measured when on preg raising my prog level to .7. DHT was still over the top at 100 ng/dl (top of range is 65). I have been over the top on DHT no matter what my protocol or delivery method (injections or cream). My total T is usually in the 700 range with free t slightly over the top. It appears that I have excessive 5ar expression. I'm going to stop the preg and start the prog cream at approx 10mg per night and see how that affects my DHT. Have taken pygeum off and on, and have saw palmetto etc. but would rather control DHT with prog than a supplement, plus prog is good for prostate.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

3percent

Have you measured your pregnenolone level when using progesterone only? If using progesterone only will your pregnenolone levels be low? Don't we want good pregnenolone levels? I'm with Defy and they always measure my pregnenolone level. I was using prog cream only and did have good morning wood but it stopped when I started taking pregnenolone. Hmmm Maybe the answer is to take lipid matrix pregnenolone (which doesn't raise progesterone) and also progesterone. I'm also using HCG which doesn't seem to have much effect on prog and preg. I like progesterone effect on my PSA. It lowered quite well.

My doctor said not to worry about Pregnenolone, the neurotransmitter that is important is Allopregnanolone which comes from Progesterone.

The reason people are suggesting using Pregnenolone is that it converts to Progesterone and then into Allopregnanolone

But Pregnenolone has a short half-life and is not bioavailable so you don't get the good stuff Allopregnanolone

Discontinue pregnenolone and just use Progesterone cream. It's literally doing the same thing but has a much higher half-life and it freely crosses the blood-brain barrier.

okokok.png

I also found scrotal application being the only one to be able to raise Prog level.

However, at times I had some side effects during the day like feeling drowsy or moody, and I saw at one point my E2 decreasing, do you experience those symptoms? How long before going to bed do you apply it?

Thanks, sorry if we are bombarding you with questions!
No problem, I am happy to help when I can!

Yes, Progesterone will lower E2 so reduce AI dosage if you are using or increase Testosterone.

I apply 30 minutes before bed

Last edited:

Gianluca

Have you measured your pregnenolone level when using progesterone only? If using progesterone only will your pregnenolone levels be low? Don't we want good pregnenolone levels? I'm with Defy and they always measure my pregnenolone level. I was using prog cream only and did have good morning wood but it stopped when I started taking pregnenolone. Hmmm Maybe the answer is to take lipid matrix pregnenolone (which doesn't raise progesterone) and also progesterone. I'm also using HCG which doesn't seem to have much effect on prog and preg. I like progesterone effect on my PSA. It lowered quite well.
Or a Pregn cream in the am and Progest cream at night, both on scrotum. I agree that Progesterone/allopregnenolone is more important, although there are benefits from using Pregnenolone in isolation, especially when someone is deficient in it.

3percent

Or a Pregn cream in the am and Progest cream at night, both on scrotum. I agree that Progesterone/allopregnenolone is more important, although there are benefits from using Pregnenolone in isolation, especially when someone is deficient in it.

Yeah, that could work but my doctor told me to not use Pregnenolone and just use Progesterone.

I forgot to mention if you are using Finasteride or Dutasteride you will probably need 2-3x the dose of Progesterone as you are downregulating the conversion (3a-HSD)

My doctor prescribes this for Finasteride or Dutasteride users. 1 or 2 pre-bed without the cream

prog.jpeg

2-Figure1-1.png

Last edited:

Charliebizz

The same happened to me so my doctor put me on 20mg to 40mg of progesterone cream every day instead.

Progesterone converts into Allopregnanolone

He told me to stop taking all Pregnenolone supplements and just take the progesterone cream

After 4 days my anxiety went, morning wood come back everyday and really good libido
Have you ever had your Prog levels tested ? I had decent results on Prog only years ago. Even boosted my tt and ft. I went from 250-425tt and 45-80 ft. I’ve been on trt only for over 2 years now and my mental state is declining. Wonder if it’s time to add Prog back. My Prog levels aren’t horrible. My preg levels are 16. Not sure what to do

Mastodont

Yeah, that could work but my doctor told me to not use Pregnenolone and just use Progesterone.

I forgot to mention if you are using Finasteride or Dutasteride you will probably need 2-3x the dose of Progesterone as you are downregulating the conversion (3a-HSD)

My doctor prescribes this for Finasteride or Dutasteride users. 1 or 2 pre-bed without the cream

View attachment 24412

View attachment 24411
What, 100mg? I just ordered 2mg progesterone capsules from nplabs, transdermals never seem to work for me so going to try oral prog, should i take it all pre-bedtime or also morning, was thinking 2-4mg to begin with.

newuser

My doctor said not to worry about Pregnenolone, the neurotransmitter that is important is Allopregnanolone which comes from Progesterone.

The reason people are suggesting using Pregnenolone is that it converts to Progesterone and then into Allopregnanolone

But Pregnenolone has a short half-life and is not bioavailable so you don't get the good stuff Allopregnanolone

Discontinue pregnenolone and just use Progesterone cream. It's literally doing the same thing but has a much higher half-life and it freely crosses the blood-brain barrier.

View attachment 24392
Wouldn't be just simpler to use straight Allopregnanolone?

newuser

Thank you! Scotem pre-bed. It helps me sleep

Using progesterone converts into Allopregnanolone and stays in the system long time

when you take oral Pregnenolone it only lasts 2 hours and apparently makes progesterone work less so its pointless for me

Scrotal application make sense since 5 alpha reductase enzyme (highest on scrotum skin) is needed to convert Progesterone > Allopregnelone

Wolverine

View attachment 24392

Yes, Progesterone will lower E2 so reduce AI dosage if you are using or increase Testosterone.

Which progesterone cream do you use? 20mg-40mg nightly on scrotum before bed sounds like a lot. How do you currently feel? Thanks

GreenMachineX

What, 100mg? I just ordered 2mg progesterone capsules from nplabs, transdermals never seem to work for me so going to try oral prog, should i take it all pre-bedtime or also morning, was thinking 2-4mg to begin with.
Have you started this?

I'm very Curious about progesterone and pregnenolone again. My prog levels were <0.5 ng/mL (range <1.4), so I have no idea if they were adequate or not. The last time I had preg levels run, they were low.

What's the best place to start with this? I absolutely hate transdermals...do the pills or sublingual work?

Mastodont

Have you started this?

I'm very Curious about progesterone and pregnenolone again. My prog levels were <0.5 ng/mL (range <1.4), so I have no idea if they were adequate or not. The last time I had preg levels run, they were low.

What's the best place to start with this? I absolutely hate transdermals...do the pills or sublingual work?
I tried, just a couple of days, got anxious and lost sleep, i guess it would be individual, how it metabolizes, keep in mind nothing seems to work for me, low aromatase as well, estradiol valerate felt good for a day and then went overboard.

Wolverine

View attachment 24392

Interesting, I have had labs done while on progesterone cream and my E is higher than when Im not using progesterone cream. I have read that progesterone cream can increase E.

Wolverine

How long how you been on the Prog cream before testing the E2?
If I recall about a month. Was looking at prior lab results. Got off progesterone cream but just started it again. Helps me sleep and any BPH symptoms, also got comments on my skin looking great.

Gman86

I see the same benefits in regards to the skin.
Any idea what aspect of prog helps with skin? Could it possibly be due to prog inhibiting DHT? I often hear guys on Taeian Clark’s Facebook report their skin looking so much better when they switch from using test to doing nandrolone solo. Wonder if there’s a connection with DHT here

Gianluca

Any idea what aspect of prog helps with skin? Could it possibly be due to prog inhibiting DHT? I often hear guys on Taeian Clark’s Facebook report their skin looking so much better when they switch from using test to doing nandrolone solo. Wonder if there’s a connection with DHT here
That’s could be one the reasons for sure, I could see the acne on my back clearing up nicely. I also notice my skin looking softer and maybe more moisturized, progesterone is upstream of aldosterone, or perhaps it has some mineralocorticoid properties as well, helping with cellular hydration

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me