Pregnenolone IR vs SR

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Curios to know if anyone has noticed some differences between the two. My Progesterone increases more with IR compared with SR, .4/.5 compared to .7/.8.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

Please remind me how much you are taking. Any changes in blood pressure or heart rate? What is your PREG blood level?
I'm currently doing 50mg cap SR and 50mg Cream, all in the am. Blood level is at 60 ng/dl, I find the cream raise blood level just slightly. When I'm on 100mg cap only, blood level always come back about 100 ng/dl, and that is where I believe I obtain most of the benefits from it, especially with the IR I believe. If I go above that, I do think I see an elevation in heart rate due to anxiety in my case.

a year or two ago, I also thought the Preg cream would give me an increased heart rate, but since stopping the Coq10 supplement, I have never experienced it again.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks for sharing.

100 mg of the regular PREG product from Empower or this supplement from Amazon brought my pregnenolone blood levels up from the undetectable to 94 ng/dL (TRT with no hCG)

pregnenolone men.jpg

Try to increase the dose up to 300 mg/day but had a considerable increase in blood pressure.

Supplement:
Pregnenolone supplement

Gianluca

Thanks for sharing.

100 mg of the regular PREG product from Empower or this supplement from Amazon brought my pregnenolone blood levels up from the undetectable to 94 ng/dL (TRT with no hCG)

View attachment 23287

Try to increase the dose up to 300 mg/day but had a considerable increase in blood pressure.

Supplement:
Pregnenolone supplement
I remember following the thread. Perhaps 300mg were too much, I think most people that are on TRT with low Pregnenolone will benefit from 50/100mg supplementation with the micronized capsules

Wolverine

Regarding preg, for me, n=1, 60 mg of IR (Pure) resulted in a prog level of .7 ng/ml. 50mg of micronized SR (MRM) resulted in a prog level of 1 ng/ml. 25mg of lipid matrix did not move my prog level, .1 ng/ml.

Wolverine

Regarding preg, for me, n=1, 60 mg of IR (Pure) resulted in a prog level of .7 ng/ml. 50mg of micronized SR (MRM) resulted in a prog level of 1 ng/ml. 25mg of lipid matrix did not move my prog level, .1 ng/ml.
Also, with the higher prog levels my PSA decreased from 3.23 to 2.48.

Gianluca

Also, with the higher prog levels my PSA decreased from 3.23 to 2.48.
Interesting about your PSA, and the result on the SR version as well. This also shows again how the lipid matrix, which allows Pegn to bypass the first pass in the liver, leads to no increase in Progesterone.

3percent

Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 23287

Supplement:
Pregnenolone supplement

The same happened to me so my doctor put me on 20mg to 40mg of progesterone cream every day instead.

Progesterone converts into Allopregnanolone

He told me to stop taking all Pregnenolone supplements and just take the progesterone cream

After 4 days my anxiety went, morning wood come back everyday and really good libido

Gman86

The same happened to me so my doctor put me on 20mg to 40mg of progesterone cream every day instead.

He told me to stop taking all Pregnenolone supplements and just take the progesterone cream

After 4 days my anxiety went, morning wood come back everyday and really good libido
How long have u been using the prog cream now? U still experiencing those positives without any negatives?

Gianluca

You have a good doc. Where do you apply the cream? Am or PM.

3percent

How long have u been using the prog cream now? U still experiencing those positives without any negatives?

4 months and yes. apparently, men have progesterone and will not produce it after using TRT for a long term so I am only replacing what is missing and putting it at the higher end.

3percent

You have a good doc. Where do you apply the cream? Am or PM.

Thank you! Scotem pre-bed. It helps me sleep

Using progesterone converts into Allopregnanolone and stays in the system long time

when you take oral Pregnenolone it only lasts 2 hours and apparently makes progesterone work less so its pointless for me

Wolverine

Using progesterone converts into Allopregnanolone and stays in the system long time

when you take oral Pregnenolone it only lasts 2 hours and apparently makes progesterone work less so its pointless for me

Have you measured your pregnenolone level when using progesterone only? If using progesterone only will your pregnenolone levels be low? Don't we want good pregnenolone levels? I'm with Defy and they always measure my pregnenolone level. I was using prog cream only and did have good morning wood but it stopped when I started taking pregnenolone. Hmmm Maybe the answer is to take lipid matrix pregnenolone (which doesn't raise progesterone) and also progesterone. I'm also using HCG which doesn't seem to have much effect on prog and preg. I like progesterone effect on my PSA. It lowered quite well.

ajax31

Have you measured your pregnenolone level when using progesterone only? If using progesterone only will your pregnenolone levels be low? Don't we want good pregnenolone levels? I'm with Defy and they always measure my pregnenolone level. I was using prog cream only and did have good morning wood but it stopped when I started taking pregnenolone. Hmmm Maybe the answer is to take lipid matrix pregnenolone (which doesn't raise progesterone) and also progesterone. I'm also using HCG which doesn't seem to have much effect on prog and preg. I like progesterone effect on my PSA. It lowered quite well.
What was your dose of progesterone cream?

Gman86

U didn’t have DHT measured while on the prog cream by any chance did u?

Gianluca

I also found scrotal application being the only one to be able to raise Prog level.

However, at times I had some side effects during the day like feeling drowsy or moody, and I saw at one point my E2 decreasing, do you experience those symptoms? How long before going to bed do you apply it?

Thanks, sorry if we are bombarding you with questions!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me