Pregnenolone and boron as alternatives to TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TucsonJJ

I've been having some problems with side effects after 4 weeks of 100mg/wk Test-Cyp... and no noticeable benefits. I am considering stopping, and trying Pregnenolone 5mg/day and boron 10mg/day after allowing time for the T to clear out of my system... maybe add 20mg zinc picolonate... any thoughts or suggestions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

seppuku

I've been having some problems with side effects after 4 weeks of 100mg/wk Test-Cyp... and no noticeable benefits. I am considering stopping, and trying Pregnenolone 5mg/day and boron 10mg/day after allowing time for the T to clear out of my system... maybe add 20mg zinc picolonate... any thoughts or suggestions?

Well you're probably fairly suppressed hpta wise now you're on trt. If you really wanted to try an alternative like you said, i think it would make more sense to at least try using a serm med like clomid, not just drop your injections and take pregnenolone. All this depends on why you had to go on trt in the first place though (ie, is your problem due to unresponsive testicles, or was it a signaling problem, ie low LH/FSH).

sammmy

You will have to wait 1-2 months for your hormonal levels to normalize after stopping TRT. Post cycle therapy is not necessary - your body knows what to do without extra drugs.

The first I would try after that is DHEA 10-20mg/day, oral and micronized. Boron (the cheapest form is in the form of Borax in water) acts a bit like a stimulant for me - gives me energy during the day. Pregnenolone is completely useless. There were studies it converts mostly into progesterone in males, not into testosterone at all.

sammmy

And if you want an actual legal stimulant with an uplifting effect on mood, I recommend Guarana powder or Guarana extract. It gives energy during the day, the uplifting effect wanes off with repeated use. I don't take it often because it gives me trouble sleeping.

Vince

Super Moderator
What were your labs before starting trt?

TucsonJJ

Thanks, everyone... that comment is old... I decided to stay on TRT... and am now feeling much better... guess I had to acclimate... I was at 5.2 Free T... SHBG and albumin near top of range... estradiol 39.
Newest labs, Free T is 11.0, estradiol 17 (I took a .125 anastrozole a few days prior to blood draw).... have not seen SHBG or Albumin yet, have not received the hard copy of blood work. I still have a ways to go to REALLY feel great... but now am positive about the TRT... My DHEA was 146 before starting TRT... so maybe I don't need to supplement?

Gman86

Thanks, everyone... that comment is old... I decided to stay on TRT... and am now feeling much better... guess I had to acclimate... I was at 5.2 Free T... SHBG and albumin near top of range... estradiol 39.
Newest labs, Free T is 11.0, estradiol 17 (I took a .125 anastrozole a few days prior to blood draw).... have not seen SHBG or Albumin yet, have not received the hard copy of blood work. I still have a ways to go to REALLY feel great... but now am positive about the TRT... My DHEA was 146 before starting TRT... so maybe I don't need to supplement?

Glad to hear ur feeling better and more optimistic. How’s the arm weakness? And with that DHEA level I would definitely look into supplementation.

TucsonJJ

Glad to hear ur feeling better and more optimistic. How’s the arm weakness? And with that DHEA level I would definitely look into supplementation.
thanks! I am going to 3 pins a week too instead of just 2...
Range for DHEA is 49-344... mine is 146... are the ranges THAT bad? Jeeze... the Free T ranges are so bogus too... what do you think... try 10mg DHEA to start? 5mg??

TucsonJJ

And if you want an actual legal stimulant with an uplifting effect on mood, I recommend Guarana powder or Guarana extract. It gives energy during the day, the uplifting effect wanes off with repeated use. I don't take it often because it gives me trouble sleeping.
Thanks... I have had some anxiety issues for a long time, so guarana might wind my up... my green teas in morning and afternoon perks me up a little... I take L-Theanine with it to balance it out... good stuff, BTW, if anyone dealing with stress or anxiety...
I'm not sleeping great now... waking up every two hours or so... TRT effect? Or is it I have stopped my long term nightly small toke of weed? I may go back to it... it sure helped me sleep, but I was worried it would mess with my TRT... thoughts?

UCFguy01

I think you may need to up your dose to get your free T higher. My anxiety and depressed mood went away once I got my total and free T higher.

sammmy

Too high of a testosterone can cause anger, anxiety, or trouble sleeping. However, it is not possible to say what is causing what if you are taking 1000 herbs/'nootropics'/supplements and drugs at the same time.

Gman86

thanks! I am going to 3 pins a week too instead of just 2...
Range for DHEA is 49-344... mine is 146... are the ranges THAT bad? Jeeze... the Free T ranges are so bogus too... what do you think... try 10mg DHEA to start? 5mg??

I’m not the biggest expert on DHEA, as I haven’t had to take it. I naturally have high levels for whatever reason. But I’m pretty sure there’s not a negative feedback loop system with DHEA, so I would imagine starting off very low would be the smartest way to supplement. So ya, 5-10mg before bed or in the evening I would think would be ideal to start with

TucsonJJ

Too high of a testosterone can cause anger, anxiety, or trouble sleeping. However, it is not possible to say what is causing what if you are taking 1000 herbs/'nootropics'/supplements and drugs at the same time.
What makes you think I am taking 1000 herbs/'nootropics'/supplements and drugs at the same time?

TucsonJJ

I’m not the biggest expert on DHEA, as I haven’t had to take it. I naturally have high levels for whatever reason. But I’m pretty sure there’s not a negative feedback loop system with DHEA, so I would imagine starting off very low would be the smartest way to supplement. So ya, 5-10mg before bed or in the evening I would think would be ideal to start with
Got it, thanks! So 146 DHEA level is too low?

Gman86

Got it, thanks! So 146 DHEA level is too low?

Imo ya it’s definitely too low. Just like with testosterone u ideally want ur level at to be least mid range to the upper end of normal, to receive all the health benefits DHEA offers. Obv if u take it and feel worse I would drop it like a bad habit tho. Feeling great is first and foremost in my book.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me