Pregnenlone or DHEA

Buy Lab Tests Online
MY DHEA has reached a upper limit level and now I just want to supplement one of them. Which one would I benefit most from Pregnenolone or DHEA?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

If it were me, I would probably go with Pregnenolone over DHEA. if you look at the hormonal cascade below, Pregnenolone has the ability to convert to DHEA which can then convert to you androgens and estrogens. It can also convert downstream to progesterone and cortisol. DHEA basically just converts to the estrogens and androgens. If you want to try and backfill the pathways I believe that Pregnenolone gives you a better opportunity to do that. Pregnenolone is considered the "Grandmother" of all hormones. I keep reading that supplementing DHEA in men has a tendacy to covert to estrogens more so than androgens.

Vince

Super Moderator
I supplement with 10mg of Pregnenolone and 25 mg of DHEA. The only Improvement I felt was, when I started taking my DHEA at night. It did improve my sleep.

DragonBits

Pregnenlone or DHEA or HCG

If it were me, I would probably go with Pregnenolone over DHEA. if you look at the hormonal cascade below, Pregnenolone has the ability to convert to DHEA which can then convert to you androgens and estrogens. It can also convert downstream to progesterone and cortisol. DHEA basically just converts to the estrogens and androgens. If you want to try and backfill the pathways I believe that Pregnenolone gives you a better opportunity to do that. Pregnenolone is considered the "Grandmother" of all hormones. I keep reading that supplementing DHEA in men has a tendacy to covert to estrogens more so than androgens.

HCG is also used to backfill the pathways, so if you aren't concerned with fertility or atrophy, then it seems to me all three, Pregnenlone, DHEA and HCG can accomplish the same resluts.

Though I have read the pathways are way more complicated that your diagram and can branch off different ways.

M

MarkM

HCG is also used to backfill the pathways, so if you aren't concerned with fertility or atrophy, then it seems to me all three, Pregnenlone, DHEA and HCG can accomplish the same resluts.

Though I have read the pathways are way more complicated that your diagram and can branch off different ways.

True, to a degree, but I don't believe taking DHEA will help upstream hormones like Pregnenolone or Progesterone. I was taking taking HCG and my DHEA came in at 64 on a range of 48.9 to 344.2 so I began supplementing with DHEA

My next set of labs I had Pregnenolone and Progestereone tested along with DHEA. My DHEA came up to 231, a nice improvement but my Pregnelone and Progesterone were very low. Prenenolone was <10 on a scale of <151. I was below 151 but have read an adult male should be around 180 to be optimal. My Progesterone did not register. So, supplementing with DHEA helped improve my DHEA-s quite a bit but did nothing for the upstream hormones of Pregnenolone and Progesterone.

I am now supplementing with Pregnenolone along with the DHEA to see what that does for me. I have already had the blood work but have not received the results yet. You're right, the diagram is probably much more simplified than the actual cascade.

Vince

Super Moderator
One of the first methods for addresses AFS may be to add a pregnenolone supplement to bring all the other hormones into balance. In addition to this, pregnenolone supplement has been shown to be effective in addressing many of the symptoms of AFS, such as:
  • Depression
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Brain fog
  • Craving for sweets
  • Headaches
  • Fatigue
  • Nervousness
  • Concentration problems
  • Insomnia
In the early stages of AFS and under continuing stress, cortisol is constantly being secreted. Increasing pregnenolone can potentially reduce the levels of cortisol closer to normal. Too high levels of cortisol or estrogen can be harmful to the body. Adding more pregnenolone will prevent or at least minimize their effects.
In the brain, pregnenolone has a protective function. Fatigue can injure brain cells; pregnenolone supplement protects these cells from this kind of damage. Its calming effects can provide protection from the stress that leads to production of cortisol.
Pregnenolone supplement can be converted into progesterone and DHEA, both protective hormones in themselves. It also supports the functioning of the thyroid and other glands.
Supplemental pregnenolone is made from wild yams grown in Mexico and southern areas of the U.S. It is molecularly identical to your body’s pregnenolone. Be cautious about the source though. The wild yams used in making supplemental pregnenolone contains diosgenin, a hormone precursor that is converted into pregnenolone in the lab. Your body doesn’t have the enzymes needed for this conversion., so it is important to ensure that any over the counter pregnenolone supplements you buy say they contain pregnenolone, and not simply extracts of wild yams.

https://www.drlam.com/blog/a-pregnenolone-supplement-for-adrenal-fatigue/28841/

M

MarkM

I take both Preg and DHEA but if I had to choose one over the other I would choose Pregnenolone over DHEA as I stated above. Pregnenolone has the ability to convert to DHEA which can then convert to you androgens and estrogens. It can also convert downstream to progesterone and cortisol. DHEA basically just converts to the estrogens and androgens. If you want to try and back fill the pathways I believe that Pregnenolone gives you a better opportunity to do that. Pregnenolone is considered the "Grandmother" of all hormones. I keep reading that supplementing DHEA in men has a tendacy to covert to estrogens more so than androgens.

This is just my take on it.

J2048b

thanks everyone so preg it is, any one see fat pile on from preg usage? ive only used it for a few days and already seem to have a girl muffin top compared to last week, its odd

M

MarkM

I don't think it would make a difference that quickly. For me, no muffin top or additional fat.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me