Pre-TRT Protocol: Thoughts?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JYD21

I won't share all my labs, but just the ones my doc and I are looking at and his suggested protocol for your feedback.

Protocol for the next 4-6 weeks
  • B12:500-1000 mcg per day.
    • Sublingual no later than 12pm
    • I am experimenting first with the right kind of B12. 1000 mcg of Methyl is too much for me.
  • D3/K2: 10,000iu per day
    • Sublingual
  • DHEA
    • 25mg per day.
      • I was thinking to start with a lower dose and every day sounds like a lot to me for 4-6 weeks.
    • This one I'm not sure about. Some it gives energy, some it makes tired, so I have to experiment with morning or night.
    • Some say to try pregnenolone instead, I think.
  • Meditation
    • 5-10 in the morning & 5-10 in the afternoon no later than 3pm.
  • Boron
    • 6-9mg per day, everyday
    • He said to stop with Tonkat Ali and other OTC test boosters as they could be lowering my E2 a bit where we want it a little higher
  • Vit C (of course)
    • 1k - 3k per day
My Recent Labs
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MALES (ADULT), IA 441 (250-827 ng/dL)
ALBUMIN 4.0 (3.6-5.1 g/dL IG )
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 32 (10-50 nmol/L IG)

TESTOSTERONE, FREE 62.1 (46.0-224.0 pg/mL)
TESTOSTERONE,BIOAVAILABLE 114.1 (110.0-575.0 ng/dL)
VITAMIN D,25-OH,TOTAL,IA 33 (30-100 ng/mL IG)

ESTRADIOL 17 < OR = 39 pg/mL IG
DHEA SULFATE 148 61-442 mcg/dL

IRON, TOTAL 93 50-180 mcg/dL
FERRITIN 93 38-380 ng/mL
VITAMIN B12 391 200-1100 pg/mL IG
HOMOCYSTEINE 8.8 <11.4 umol/L

PSA (FREE AND TOTAL) IG
PSA, TOTAL 0.8 < OR = 4.0 ng/mL
PSA, FREE 0.2 ng/mL
PSA, % FREE 25 L >25 % (calc) - THIS WAS FLAGGED, HIGH

FSH 3.5 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL IG
LH 4.4 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL IG
PROGESTERONE <0.5 <1.4 ng/mL IG
PROLACTIN 6.0 2.0-18.0 ng/mL IG

THYROID PANEL IG
T3 UPTAKE 39 H 22-35 % - THIS WAS FLAGGED, UNSURE WHY
T4 (THYROXINE), TOTAL 6.4 4.9-10.5 mcg/dL
FREE T4 INDEX (T7) 2.5 1.4-3.8
TSH 0.92 0.40-4.50 mIU/L IG
T4, FREE 1.3 0.8-1.8 ng/dL IG
T3, FREE 3.3 2.3-4.2 pg/mL IG
THYROID PEROXIDASE IG ANTIBODIES 1 <9 IU/mL

LIPID PANEL, STANDARD
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 117 <200 mg/dL IG
HDL CHOLESTEROL 46 > OR = 40 mg/dL IG
TRIGLYCERIDES 73 <150 mg/dL IG
LDL-CHOLESTEROL 56 mg/dL (calc) IG
CHOL/HDLC RATIO 2.5 <5.0 (calc) IG
NON HDL CHOLESTEROL 71 <130 mg/dL (calc) IG

Thanks for the feedback!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
What is your height and weight? How well or poorly do you sleep?

I am glad the doctor is trying a "natural" way since your T is not too bad. Free T is under 2% of total but hopefully the boron will help.

Your thyroid and PSA are great. Don't worry about the flagged values. Free PSA really is more reliable for men with PSA over 2.5. T3 uptake is an unreliable variable.

Please let us know what your next set of numbers look like.

Review this if you can:

Guided_by_Voices

Are you doing anything that could be disruptive to T, like overtraining or under-eating? What does your nutrition look like? What issues are you trying to improve?

JYD21

I am glad the doctor is trying a "natural" way since your T is not too bad. Free T is under 2% of total but hopefully the boron will help.

Your thyroid and PSA are great. Don't worry about the flagged values. Free PSA really is more reliable for men with PSA over 2.5. T3 uptake is an unreliable variable.

Review this if you can:

I'm 5'10, 180 lbs, about 18% BF, workout 4 days a week using upper/lower split. I sleep well overall. I have an Oura Ring and I usually get good REM sleep, and about 4 out of 7 days a week I get good enough Deep Sleep.

I have been taking cold showers for almost a month now and I find that's been helping me wake up more in the morning.

I don't drink alcohol unless it's an occasional Saturday night out.

I started dipping tobacco again about 6 weeks ago, so I'm back trying to quit that. I don't smoke.

My diet is pretty much in check. I meal prep, but occasionally will grab something fast casual. I don't do sweets, but occasionally on the weekend we get Cheesecake factory as a treat.
Are you doing anything that could be disruptive to T, like overtraining or under-eating? What does your nutrition look like? What issues are you trying to improve?

I don't think I'm overtraining like I maybe used to. I cut it back and don't go super heavy.

One thing I noticed is that my body is no longer putting on muscle like it used to even 6 months ago.

I am pretty stressed and have been the last two years. A lot of life change. Currently giving up on my business and looknig for another job.

JYD21

Started DHEA 3 nights ago. Only 10mg. The first two nights I slept well; my Oura ring showed great dep sleep.

Last night I had trouble falling asleep and this morning my Deep Sleep was crap.

Wondering if I should switch to mornings when taking my DHEA. I've read it's morning or night for others based on how it makes them feel (sleepy vs. energized).

MIP1950

Review this if you can:

Posters numbers are borderline low, except for TT and that isn't all that great. I believe in 16/17 year olds, you see TT of 600 to 700 and sometimes, higher. Cholesterol is quite low. Can it be too low since it's the material from which hormones are synthesized? Bioavailable T is low. DHEA is low normal and he stated that he's adding DHEA to his supplements, but that circles back to the low end cholesterol. His thyroid is excellent, so, if he ate more fat(eggs, butter/olive oil, fish, meat) it's presumed he would have more synthesis of pregnenolone, DHEA, tesosterone/DHT. Also, age of OP.

JYD21

Posters numbers are borderline low, except for TT and that isn't all that great. I believe in 16/17 year olds, you see TT of 600 to 700 and sometimes, higher. Cholesterol is quite low. Can it be too low since it's the material from which hormones are synthesized? Bioavailable T is low. DHEA is low normal and he stated that he's adding DHEA to his supplements, but that circles back to the low end cholesterol. His thyroid is excellent, so, if he ate more fat(eggs, butter/olive oil, fish, meat) it's presumed he would have more synthesis of pregnenolone, DHEA, tesosterone/DHT. Also, age of OP.
Ok, very helpful. I’m the OP. I’m 45 years old.

I don’t know what else to do. Trying everything natural before pinning.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me