Pre TRT labs from Defy - anything stand out that I should dig into before Apt

Buy Lab Tests Online

crazyhaha

Hey everyone. I have more lab results (pre TRT) that were ordered by defy (I haven't had my appointment yet).

Does anything jump out as being more complicated than just low-T and needing TRT (I'm apprehensive)? My DHEA looks low.

My TSH high-ish (and has been higher). I also tested positive for Thyroid Peroidase (TPO = 265, 0-34 normal) in a prior lab test.

Dhea-Sulfate

[TD="class: ccrCol1"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: ccrCol2"]

[/TD]

Tsh

[/TD]

[/TD]

Luteinizing Hormone(Lh), S

[/TD]

[/TD]

Progesterone

[/TD]

[/TD]

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum

[/TD]

[/TD]

Testosterone,Free And Total

[/TD]

[/TD]

Estradiol, Sensitive

[/TD]

[/TD]

Cbc/Diff Ambiguous Default

[/TD]

[/TD]

Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)

[/TD]

[/TD]

Lipid Panel

[/TD]

[/TD]

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
With Tsh at 3.66, I would consider a complete thyroid panel. For low HDL, NAC and niacin should help.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyhaha

Here are some other Thyroid lab work I had.

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S T4,Free(Direct) 1.12 ng/dL 0.82 - 1.77 01
TSH 3.100 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01

I guess what I am asking, would you hold off TRT until this is addressed? You wouldn't think this would fix my low-T, would you?

Thanks!!

I don't think one is dependent on the other, you could try Thyroid treatment alone but I doubt you suddenly find your self as not low T any longer. Thyroid can account for a number of negative symptoms. Many guys find that embarking on TRT that they have peripheral problems...Thyroid, Adrenals, any number of things which seem pretty common.

Vince

Super Moderator

I guess what I am asking, would you hold off TRT until this is addressed? You wouldn't think this would fix my low-T, would you?

Thanks!!

Your t is pretty low, I don't think your thyroid is bad enough to raise your testosterone to good levels. I am wondering what's your age?

CoastWatcher

Thanks!!

Dr. Saya will explore all if this, and the possible impact it will make on a TRT protocol, with you. It's not as if he will treat your hypogonadism in a silo, independent of broader health issues.

Hey everyone. I have more lab results (pre TRT) that were ordered by defy (I haven't had my appointment yet).

Does anything jump out as being more complicated than just low-T and needing TRT (I'm apprehensive)? My DHEA looks low.

My TSH high-ish (and has been higher). I also tested positive for Thyroid Peroidase (TPO = 265, 0-34 normal) in a prior lab test.

Crazy,

I agree with the other guys...you definitely need a full thyroid panel. With your TPO antibodies that high, it could be indicative of an autoimmune disorder (Hashimoto's or Graves disease). I would think that his would need to be addressed prior to TRT, but don't quote me on that. Dr. Saya will have all the answers for you during your consult. Good luck.

Other than your thyroid results you look to be primary to me.

LH of 6.7 and total of 293 or something, yeah that's your testes struggling to produce sufficient testosterone.

Low free and low E2 as well. Ouch is all I can say.

I have been there with low E2 and low test, and am also primary myself, and a patient of defy I can tell you that things can be improved.

What are your symptoms? I imagine with that low E2 you must feel horrible man.

Vince

Super Moderator
Other than your thyroid results you look to be primary to me.

LH of 6.7 and total of 293 or something, yeah that's your testes struggling to produce sufficient testosterone.

Low free and low E2 as well. Ouch is all I can say.

I have been there with low E2 and low test, and am also primary myself, and a patient of defy I can tell you that things can be improved.

What are your symptoms? I imagine with that low E2 you must feel horrible man.

Before I started TRT my E2 was unreadable but I never felt anything and no symptoms of low E2. Even with my higher healthier levels of E2, I still feel nothing from it. But increasing my T levels has made me feel great. Just my 2 cents.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I agree with Jackie Treehorn. I am sure Dr Saya will repeat thyroid antibodies if you had a high value in the past since your TSH is already over 3.5. He will decide if he will address the thyroid and low T issues simultaneously or not.

crazyhaha

Thanks everyone!! I'm 41 and yeah, I feel pretty horrible mentally/emotionally. Beyond the ED and relationship problems that has been causing (my wife is not very patient), I have trouble concentrating on my job. No one notices because I work from home, but it takes me longer to do the same work. It's hard to see a better future, so it's good to hear that some of you have been there. I bottomed out a couple months ago after getting into an argument with my wife and putting my head through some drywall. That's not happening again!

Thanks everyone!! I'm 41 and yeah, I feel pretty horrible mentally/emotionally. Beyond the ED and relationship problems that has been causing (my wife is not very patient), I have trouble concentrating on my job. No one notices because I work from home, but it takes me longer to do the same work. It's hard to see a better future, so it's good to hear that some of you have been there. I bottomed out a couple months ago after getting into an argument with my wife and putting my head through some drywall. That's not happening again!

You need to get your drywall total and free levels tested. Tell Dr. saya to add that on. It's really important to have a baseline.

Seriously though, why the head, I've put my first through dry wall years ago?

crazyhaha

And a follow-up based on what you guys said about the thyroid stuff, I emailed defy about more thyroid tests. They added a thyroid panel so now I'll get that done and I'll have more info when I talk to the doc. You guys rock!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me