Pre-TRT Blood Tests: Testosterone Rising?

Buy Lab Tests Online

otus

Question for you all.

Tested Total Testosterone 367 five years ago but wasn’t interested in TRT because I didn’t have any symptoms.

Flash forward five years and my libido is gone, occasional ED is now chronic, taking lots of naps, and 8 weeks into jiu jitsu classes 4x a week, the weight is barely coming off me (calories/macros have been in check since starting new exercise routine). My annual physical was due, so he ran another test and my Total T was 250. Seems pretty obvious that it would be declining with age (and not the healthiest lifestyle).

So I get a referral to a urologist, but it’s a three week wait to get in. I know my insurance is going to want two sub-ref range tests, and I’m impatient, I head to a local outlet of a nationally-franchised men’s clinic because they are offering free bloodwork with a consultation. I test with them (their free test is also just Total T - nothing else) and I come back at 403.

Now I finally get in to see my urologist. He’s not interested in the clinic’s blood test, and draws blood as we speak about my condition. He thinks I’m a perfect candidate for TRT and offers me my first shot on the spot and he’ll teach me how to pin right away. I say yes, I pretty much do the pinning myself (watched a lot of videos) and walk out with an Rx for 10 weeks at 100mg week (once a week pinning, I can do twice a week at home if my est seems high at the 5 week follow-up).

So I fill my Rx, and now my bloodwork comes back from the urologist. I’ve attached a photo, but basically Total T: 438, SHBG: 49.03, Free T 6.99, Testosterone Bioavailable 163.8.

These numbers are all in range. My urologist is out for a few days and will follow-up with me before my next pinning.

Am I still a candidate for TRT? Should I continue past my first shot? What should I make of my varying numbers (second test that came in higher was taken an hour after I flew in from a non-sleep weekend in Vegas and was taken at 3pm, so I would’ve thought it would be low).

When I asked my doc about what my target ranges would be, he said he didn’t even want to get into the numbers with me. He was more concerned with how I feel and that how I felt would determine what range I should be in. I thought that was the right answer, and I don’t think he’s going to pull the Rx with these new numbers, but I’m curious as to what you all thought.

Attachments

• 6D74DF89-3432-42C2-8937-CCFA5A4D9DA1.png
    6D74DF89-3432-42C2-8937-CCFA5A4D9DA1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 23
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

otus

Well I already got the first 10 weeks of test from the Rx my urologist gave me, and he's also more concerned with symptoms than numbers, so I'm probably good to go on the treatment. But my insurance... maybe not.

I also just got my estradiol levels back from the two tests and they were 15.7 for the 403 and 16.5 on the 438.

Systemlord

I also just got my estradiol levels back from the two tests and they were 15.7 for the 403 and 16.5 on the 438.
For all we know, the first and second Total T measurements, the Free T was below ranges.

The last Total T measurement, the Free T was barely in range. There is no consensus has been reached regarding the lower TT or Free T threshold defining testosterone deficiency.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Question for you all.

Tested Total Testosterone 367 five years ago but wasn’t interested in TRT because I didn’t have any symptoms.

Flash forward five years and my libido is gone, occasional ED is now chronic, taking lots of naps, and 8 weeks into jiu jitsu classes 4x a week, the weight is barely coming off me (calories/macros have been in check since starting new exercise routine). My annual physical was due, so he ran another test and my Total T was 250. Seems pretty obvious that it would be declining with age (and not the healthiest lifestyle).

So I get a referral to a urologist, but it’s a three week wait to get in. I know my insurance is going to want two sub-ref range tests, and I’m impatient, I head to a local outlet of a nationally-franchised men’s clinic because they are offering free bloodwork with a consultation. I test with them (their free test is also just Total T - nothing else) and I come back at 403.

Now I finally get in to see my urologist. He’s not interested in the clinic’s blood test, and draws blood as we speak about my condition. He thinks I’m a perfect candidate for TRT and offers me my first shot on the spot and he’ll teach me how to pin right away. I say yes, I pretty much do the pinning myself (watched a lot of videos) and walk out with an Rx for 10 weeks at 100mg week (once a week pinning, I can do twice a week at home if my est seems high at the 5 week follow-up).

So I fill my Rx, and now my bloodwork comes back from the urologist. I’ve attached a photo, but basically Total T: 438, SHBG: 49.03, Free T 6.99, Testosterone Bioavailable 163.8.

These numbers are all in range. My urologist is out for a few days and will follow-up with me before my next pinning.

Am I still a candidate for TRT? Should I continue past my first shot? What should I make of my varying numbers (second test that came in higher was taken an hour after I flew in from a non-sleep weekend in Vegas and was taken at 3pm, so I would’ve thought it would be low).

When I asked my doc about what my target ranges would be, he said he didn’t even want to get into the numbers with me. He was more concerned with how I feel and that how I felt would determine what range I should be in. I thought that was the right answer, and I don’t think he’s going to pull the Rx with these new numbers, but I’m curious as to what you all thought.
In my opinion, your free T is low enough combined with your symptoms to warrant TRT therapy. If it doesn't help, you can always stop **. Odds are that you will feel better and will want to continue though.

**with varying degrees of difficulty and time to recovery depending on how long you were on

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me