Post injection pain

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dantespeak

Hi guys
I’m new to the forum. I’ve been on TRT for almost 3 years and do deep intramuscular injections into my glutes with a 23 gauge, 1.25 inch needle and into my quads with a 25 gauge 1inch needle. I almost always get bad post injection pain in my quads and at least 60% of the time when injecting in my glutes. Can I use a 27gauge 1/2 inch for IM injections into the quads. Is it the size of needle or speed of injecting that causes the pip?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

madman

Super Moderator
Hi guys
I’m new to the forum. I’ve been on TRT for almost 3 years and do deep intramuscular injections into my glutes with a 23 gauge, 1.25 inch needle and into my quads with a 25 gauge 1inch needle. I almost always get bad post injection pain in my quads and at least 60% of the time when injecting in my glutes. Can I use a 27gauge 1/2 inch for IM injections into the quads. Is it the size of needle or speed of injecting that causes the pip?

No need for deep IM as shallow will be just as effective let alone forget the 23/25 gauge pokes as not only are you wasting some of the medication but it would be more sensible to use a 27 gauge 1/2" fixed insulin syringe as it will be less painful/minimize scar tissue and they are low dead space which means there will be minimal waste of T let alone you can draw/inject with the same needle.

Easy and quick!

Dantespeak

Thanks guys. I’m in the UK and use Sustanon 250 which comes in glass phials of 1ml shots, so I have to use a filter needle to draw. I’ll start using the 27G 1/2 inch needles then. Only thing is I tried it once in my quad and I was expecting it to inject in so easily, I pushed it in perhaps a bit quick, when pulling needle out, it bled quite a bit and I small lump appeared at the site immediately and was sore for a few days. Maybe occurred due to injecting the oil too fast?

Goel

I'm new to this as well so take that in mind but I've used my quads and glutes for injection sites and while I have MUCH less residual discomfort with glutes, I've been using quads more because I'm still getting used to self-administering injections and it's easier to see what I'm doing there.

Now to your question: I've had a bit of post injection pain at the quads but from what I hear that's not unusual when you first start self-injecting. Mine wasn't so much "pain", more along the lines of a little tender and sore for the next day within an area about 5cm radius around the injection site. No redness, no real pain just discomfort. One of the things that helps a lot is to massage the area after injection for about a minute. One, this helps distribute the T and two it helps alleviate the soreness from your muscle being traumatized. My most recent injection a couple days ago I tried something new: after massaging the quad I wrapped a heating pad round my thigh for about 10 minutes. Could be that I'm getting acclimated to the injection process but the heating pad helped A LOT. I had no residual discomfort or soreness.

Others will weigh in on different needle sizes and I'll leave that discussion to them. I plan to reduce my current needle size (22g) and frequency after the initial regimen review with my dr.

madman

Super Moderator
I'm new to this as well so take that in mind but I've used my quads and glutes for injection sites and while I have MUCH less residual discomfort with glutes, I've been using quads more because I'm still getting used to self-administering injections and it's easier to see what I'm doing there.

Now to your question: I've had a bit of post injection pain at the quads but from what I hear that's not unusual when you first start self-injecting. Mine wasn't so much "pain", more along the lines of a little tender and sore for the next day within an area about 5cm radius around the injection site. No redness, no real pain just discomfort. One of the things that helps a lot is to massage the area after injection for about a minute. One, this helps distribute the T and two it helps alleviate the soreness from your muscle being traumatized. My most recent injection a couple days ago I tried something new: after massaging the quad I wrapped a heating pad round my thigh for about 10 minutes. Could be that I'm getting acclimated to the injection process but the heating pad helped A LOT. I had no residual discomfort or soreness.

Others will weigh in on different needle sizes and I'll leave that discussion to them. I plan to reduce my current needle size (22g) and frequency after the initial regimen review with my dr.

Absolutely no need to be poking yourself with those 22s and if anything you would be far better of using 25 at the least or better yet 27 if you plan on sticking with strictly shallow IM.

Most on trt whether sub-q/IM commonly use 27-31G.

Tell me you are not poking yourself more than once weekly with those mini harpoons!

Goel

Absolutely no need to be poking yourself with those 22s and if anything you would be far better of using 25 at the least or better yet 27 if you plan on sticking with strictly shallow IM.

Most on trt whether sub-q/IM commonly use 27-31G.

Tell me you are not poking yourself more than once weekly with those mini harpoons!

LOL, no currently once/week but I've got my first follow up with the dr in a few weeks at which time I was going to ask about switching to a smaller bore and change to twice/week.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me