Post Finasteride Syndrome

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Please tell me post finasteride syndrome treatment. Anyone?
It's my understanding that there is no specific, single treatment for post-finasteride syndrome. The approach to the patient is highly individualized and requires a careful balancing of hormones, not testosterone and estradiol alone, but all the hormonal pathways, along with other supportive measures. Dr. Saya has written here that treatment is is frequently a case of "managing" a patient's efforts to recover from it.

What is your situation? Are you receiving care at the present time? The conversation will be more robust if you provide more information. There are multiple websites dedicated solely to PFS that can be accessed via Google.

Last edited:

DaveK22

Just my opinion from years of reading the propeciahelp.com forum. There is no real "cure", just ways to treat and manage it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
post finasteride syndrome issues.jpg

"The presence of side effects during pharmacological treatment is unfortunately a quite common problem. In this review, we focused our attention on adverse events related to 5 alpha-reductase (5α-R) inhibitors (i.e., finasteride and dutasteride), approved for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia and androgenetic alopecia (AGA).

Although these drugs are generally well tolerated, many reports described adverse effects in men during treatment, such as sexual dysfunction and mood alteration. In addition, it has been also reported that persistent side effects may occur in some AGA patients. This condition, termed post-finasteride syndrome (PFS) is characterized by sexual side effects (i.e., low libido, erectile dysfunction, decreased arousal and difficulty in achieving orgasm), depression, anxiety and cognitive complaints that are still present despite drug withdrawal. Indeed, some national agencies (e.g., Swedish Medical Products Agency, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency of UK and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration) required to include multiple persistent side effects within the finasteride labels.

As here reported, these observations are mainly based on self-reporting of the symptomatology by the patients and few clinical studies have been performed so far. In addition, molecular mechanisms and/or genetic determinants behind such adverse effects have been poorly explored both in patients and animal models. Therefore, results here discussed indicate that PFS is an emerging clinical problem that needs to be further elucidated."

Source:

POST-FINASTERIDE SYNDROME: AN EMERGING CLINICAL PROBLEM

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale