Post finasteride brain damage

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hi everyone, I took stupid fucking finadteride for 3 months and quit due to side effects. The only issue is it has been 3 months and I have not gotten any better. My brain symptoms are the worse part. It’s as if I have brain damage. I can’t read without instantly forgetting what I read, I went from being a double major to hardly being able to hold a conversation. I constantly have headaches even though I drink gallons and gallons of water, I have no idea what to do. I’m completely lost because of this and l literally feel brain damaged. Please help. Any advice, any doctor recommendations in San Diego, anyone please

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Hopefully you'll symptoms will subside or hopefully completely heal.

Finasteride treatment causes several alterations in the hippocampus,” the section of the brain responsible for processing long-term memory and emotional responses, according to a new study conducted at the University of Milano, and the Cajal Institute and Carlos III Health Institute, both in Madrid.Oct 1, 2018
1582884413503.png

Post-Finasteride Syndrome › news
Finasteride 'Causes Several Alterations' in the Section of the ...

wondering

Hi everyone, I took stupid fucking finadteride for 3 months and quit due to side effects. The only issue is it has been 3 months and I have not gotten any better. My brain symptoms are the worse part. It’s as if I have brain damage. I can’t read without instantly forgetting what I read, I went from being a double major to hardly being able to hold a conversation. I constantly have headaches even though I drink gallons and gallons of water, I have no idea what to do. I’m completely lost because of this and l literally feel brain damaged. Please help. Any advice, any doctor recommendations in San Diego, anyone please

Dr. Romeo Mariano in Monterey. He's a drive from SD, but he's the best. Might be expensive for a college student, but that is where I would go. He used to be on the forums a lot under name marianco.

Last edited:

wondering

does he specifically deal with PFS? How do you know he’s the best?

He's a psychiatrist by training. He was a frequent contributor on the forums in years past. His posts had such incredible detail on hormonal cascades, nutritional effects on health, his understanding of neurotransmitters is deep. I just think from a holistic standpoint, he knows the body/mind so so well. Of course, I don't know every provider in the world. But if you wanted to see someone in person and you are in California...he's a great choice.

Appassionato

I know exactly the feeling. I took it for 7 years and had the same issues focusing and reading.
Are you on TRT? I can guarantee you that once you find a hormone balance again, you will feel better if not heal completely.

I know exactly the feeling. I took it for 7 years and had the same issues focusing and reading.
Are you on TRT? I can guarantee you that once you find a hormone balance again, you will feel better if not heal completely.

Damn man glad someone knows the struggle. I got blood work done Idk if I’m missing anything I’ll post the link https://imgur.com/a/ihfqSzm

I’m not on TRT because I don’t know what to test and how to figure out which hormones are messed up

Appassionato

Damn man glad someone knows the struggle. I got blood work done Idk if I’m missing anything I’ll post the link https://imgur.com/a/ihfqSzm

I’m not on TRT because I don’t know what to test and how to figure out which hormones are messed up

Your natural T is good. How old are you?
What jumps out here is a low FSH.
It would have been good to see your E2 level, since finasteride blocks testosterone conversion to DHT, hence more T gets converted to E2.

Where are you from? You need a good doctor with some knowledge regarding post finasteride syndrome. Dr. Mariano would be a good option, as others have stated.

But most of all you need to be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if the symptoms will resolve by themselves in few months.

I’m 22. I’m in San Diego. I’m considering dr. Mariano it’s just the 7 hour drive, so I’m going to try to get time off work to go.

The thing That worries me is it’s been two months and my erections have gotten better but not my brain fog.

On another note I did a cycle of anadrol 50 when I was 18 (very stupid doctor) and since then I’ve had trouble staying physically healthy. I have pain in my ankles hips and shoulders (the worst) I eat healthy, used to play professional soccer and now i can’t play guitar without pain. It’s awful man

Appassionato

I’m 22. I’m in San Diego. I’m considering dr. Mariano it’s just the 7 hour drive, so I’m going to try to get time off work to go.

The thing That worries me is it’s been two months and my erections have gotten better but not my brain fog.

On another note I did a cycle of anadrol 50 when I was 18 (very stupid doctor) and since then I’ve had trouble staying physically healthy. I have pain in my ankles hips and shoulders (the worst) I eat healthy, used to play professional soccer and now i can’t play guitar without pain. It’s awful man

Ok that adds complexity to your case. I would find a good doctor if I were you.

Be positive, you will heal as you're really young. Don't let the horror stories scary you.

Systemlord

I'm seeing LH on the lower end and high Total T and can't help but wonder if you also have high SHBG, if this is the case Free T is more than likely low or at least suboptimal.

Appassionato

Do you think Dr. Mariano is the best? I’ve look for post steroid doctors and can’t find anyone

Never worked with personally, but I've heard good things about him. I would probably do a further blood test to check SHBG and E2, so you can have a picture of what your androgens/estrogens ratio is.

But once again, you need a good experienced doctor. No one would be able to fully help you on this forum, because the post finasteride syndrome is still poorly understood.

Did
Your natural T is good. How old are you?
What jumps out here is a low FSH.
It would have been good to see your E2 level, since finasteride blocks testosterone conversion to DHT, hence more T gets converted to E2.

Where are you from? You need a good doctor with some knowledge regarding post finasteride syndrome. Dr. Mariano would be a good option, as others have stated.

But most of all you need to be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if the symptoms will resolve by themselves in few months.

hey man. Did you ever feel like you had a brain tumor? My brain fog and pressure in head and loss of memory is so bad I can’t even study

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Hopefully you'll symptoms will subside or hopefully completely heal.

Finasteride treatment causes several alterations in the hippocampus,” the section of the brain responsible for processing long-term memory and emotional responses, according to a new study conducted at the University of Milano, and the Cajal Institute and Carlos III Health Institute, both in Madrid.Oct 1, 2018
View attachment 9308
Post-Finasteride Syndrome › news
Finasteride 'Causes Several Alterations' in the Section of the ...

Any ideas on what I should do? I feel brain damaged

wondering

We also can't assume it is PFS. Could be something unrelated. Go see a good Dr. Not knowing any others out there, would still recommend Dr. Mariano.

Appassionato

Did

hey man. Did you ever feel like you had a brain tumor? My brain fog and pressure in head and loss of memory is so bad I can’t even study

No, I don't think you have to be worried about that.
I would seek medical care if I were you, but try to stay calm. I'm confident your symptoms will subside with time.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me