Pls advise optimal timing of TRT gel use in relation to workouts !

Buy Lab Tests Online

drewnLA

I am 62, have been using topical testo gel more than 20 years, nightly up until recently.

Sadly, I am ignorant of when the gel should be expected to best "kick in" after application.

I do resistance training 2 x / week, always at night (not limber enough during the day). I apply testo just a little before bed--has a relaxation effect.

Have started on a "tapering down" regimen of using the testo gel 4 X week. (Can relate why if asked..)

So, can an expert advise?: Should I FAVOR with testo gel application:

A) The night BEFORE one of my two weekly workouts & the night OF the workout, OR

B) Perform a workout "dry" (without having done a gel application the previous night), then slather on gel following the workout before bed and again the next night following ?

Whichever approach chosen will mean two consecutive nightly applications I'd be performing twice per week. I basically need to learn whether A or B would be optimal for muscularity and strength in relation to the workouts.

Thanx muchly

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bbex2014

I am 62, have been using topical testo gel more than 20 years, nightly up until recently.

Sadly, I am ignorant of when the gel should be expected to best "kick in" after application.

I do resistance training 2 x / week, always at night (not limber enough during the day). I apply testo just a little before bed--has a relaxation effect.

Have started on a "tapering down" regimen of using the testo gel 4 X week. (Can relate why if asked..)

A) The night BEFORE one of my two weekly workouts & the night OF the workout, OR

B) Perform a workout "dry" (without having done a gel application the previous night), then slather on gel following the workout before bed and again the next night following ?

Whichever approach chosen will mean two consecutive nightly applications I'd be performing twice per week. I basically need to learn whether A or B would be optimal for muscularity and strength in relation to the workouts.

Thanx muchly
I’m not an expert, but I am curious as to why you will not be applying the gel daily? Is it possible for you to switch to a compounded 200mg/ml cream so that you have less product to absorb to get what you need? I’m on test cream and it peaks about 2 or 3 hours after application, not sure if the gel is the same. Either way, hope someone can get you the answers you need.

madman

Super Moderator

Thanx muchly

Pointless to taper let alone use 4 times weekly as transdermals are meant to be applied daily at the same time each day to achieve healthy TT/FT levels which will result in relief/improvements of low-t symptoms and increased overall well being!

When using transdermals testosterone levels will peak within the first 3-4 hrs.

Application of Vogelxo (transdermal gel) has been shown to reach peak T levels at 4 hrs.

Forget worrying about the A/B as you stated......you need to be far more concerned with maintaining consistency.....daily application will result in maintaining healthy TT/FT levels which will have a far greater effect on strength/minor muscular gains.....let alone relief/improvement of low-t symptoms and increased overall well being which is critical to your overall health as oppose to worrying about when T levels will peak.....let alone when using an inferior application protocol!

You need to find a new doctor that will treat you based on relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.....not just numbers!

As I stated in your previous thread.....you need to post your blood work so we can see where your TT/FT/E2 levels sat on such protocol (2 pumps gel before bed/1 pump gel before bed).

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Again hard to believe one would achieve a healthy TT/FT level using 2 pumps (12.5 mg strength) daily.....let alone 1 pump!

The starting dose for most transdermals is 50 mg strength and in many cases men need 100 mg/day to achieve higher TT/FT levels.

When using transdermals (gel/cream).....standard body application.....only 9-14% of the dose is absorbed!

Match

The Gel I bought says it's 100mg a day and the absorption is over 90%. So the announcement will be false? I haven't started using

madman

Super Moderator
The Gel I bought says it's 100mg a day and the absorption is over 90%. So the announcement will be false? I haven't started using

Absorption when using transdermal T (gel/cream) standard application is 9-14% at best!

No way you are getting 90% absorption let alone even when applied scrotal.

madman

Super Moderator
When using big pharma AndroGel®/FORTESTA®/TESTIM®/VOGELXO® the strength is only 1-2% so a fair amount of gel needs to be applied.

AndroGel® is available in 1.0% and 1.62% concentrations (packet/pump).

A common starting dose for Androgel 1% was 50mg T/day (5 g of gel/1 packet) which would be roughly 5 mg T/day and in most cases, men would only hit a mid-normal T level at best.

Most men would need the higher end dose of 100 mg T/day (10 g of gel) which would be roughly 10 mg T/day to achieve a high-end or in some cases very high T level.

Some men are poor responders when using transdermal T as they have issues with absorption.

In some cases switching over to a higher concentration compounded T cream is all that may be needed.

Many end up using compounded transdermal T creams as the strength is much higher 5-20%.

Much less needs to be applied let alone the overall cost of the medication is much cheaper.

Most are using 20% strength (200mg/mL) and unfortunately many end up on that 200 mg T twice daily application protocol which would surely result in absurdly high TT/FT levels.

Many can easily achieve healthy let alone very high T levels on much less especially when applied strictly scrotal.

Match

Even with the use of moisturizing lotion or sunscreen, as they said in the forum, absorption does not improve, okay? The Compound T Cream what would it be?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me