Please Help! Confusing Bloodwork and Hypothyroid symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online

AhmetAtay

Please help me understand my blood work and symptoms​

I’ve been struggling for the longest time with fatigue, stubborn weight, and feeling extremely cold + sluggish, constipated and having ED. I’ve been taking my oral temperature on waking and throughout the day. Waking temp ranges from 92-96 (usually around 94). Highest I’ve ever gotten my oral body temp is 97.
I did a series of blood tests that revealed the following:
TSH: 0.85 (range 0.4-4.5 mIU/L) T4 (total): 6.5 (range 4.9-10.5 mcg/dL) T4 (free): 1.1 (ref range 0.8-1.8 ng/dL) T3 (total): 71 LOW (ref range 76-181 ng/dL) T3 (free): 2.7 (ref range 2.3-4.2 pg/mL) Reverse T3: 20 (ref range 8-25 ng/dL)
When I’ve repeated this test in the past (not the full comprehensive set), my rT3 came out high once but my total T3 has always been low.
  1. How can my free T3 be normal but total T3 low? Is it because I have very little binding protein?
Has anyone experienced something similar? Is there something that could be causing this?
Seeing an Endo in a few days to discuss.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Ur free T3 is far from normal my friend. It’s like saying someone with a total testosterone of 300 has a normal testosterone level. Ur free T3 should be in the upper 3’s or low 4’s. And u ideally want ur RT3 in the single digits, but at the very least below 15. So between ur low free T3/ total T3, and high RT3 ur definitely very hypo atm

Have u had ur thyroid antibodies tested and ruled out whether u have hashimotos or not?

The main culprit for hypothyroidism is usually just poor diet, not exercising, high stress and poor sleep. U correct all of those things and usually hypothyroidism will resolve itself. Also are u getting enough idoine?

AhmetAtay

Ur free T3 is far from normal my friend. It’s like saying someone with a total testosterone of 300 has a normal testosterone level. Ur free T3 should be in the upper 3’s or low 4’s. And u ideally want ur RT3 in the single digits, but at the very least below 15. So between ur low free T3/ total T3, and high RT3 ur definitely very hypo atm

Have u had ur thyroid antibodies tested and ruled out whether u have hashimotos or not?

The main culprit for hypothyroidism is usually just poor diet, not exercising, high stress and poor sleep. U correct all of those things and usually hypothyroidism will resolve itself. Also are u getting enough idoine?
Diet consists of lots of veggies, lean protein, and moderate-low amounts of fat (I have some heartburn issues at the moment that’s preventing me from eating more fat)

Thyroid antibodies were 1.0 IU/mL for thyroglobulin antibody test (ref range 0.0-0.9) so this is HIGH.

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies were 8 mIU/mL (red range = 0-34) and this was normal.

Stress has been moderate-high. I’m dealing with a decent number of personal stressors and I’m going to medical school in a few months.

I’m in bed from 10:30-7:30 usually. Takes me about a half hour to fall asleep. Wake up once at night to pee around 4 or so and fall back asleep.

No snoring or sleep apnea.

AhmetAtay

Also in terms of iodine, I eat a lot of seaweed (I know, I’m weird). That supposedly rich in iodine. I also have a kelp supplement I take once in the morning.

Gman86

Just curious, have you heard of anyone fully recovering from hypothyroidism?
That’s a good question. Idk if I have tbh. I know it’s absolutely possible, and I would guess it’s probably not as difficult as people would think. When u give the body what it needs, and remove the things that mess with it, people can’t imagine the healing that can take place. But I can’t think of an anecdote or example of someone showing before and after labs where they cured their hypothyroidism, as well as reported full symptom resolution

AhmetAtay

That’s a good question. Idk if I have tbh. I know it’s absolutely possible, and I would guess it’s probably not as difficult as people would think. When u give the body what it needs, and remove the things that mess with it, people can’t imagine the healing that can take place. But I can’t think of an anecdote or example of someone showing before and after labs where they cured their hypothyroidism, as well as reported full symptom resolution
My antibodies were almost high (very top end of the reference range) and I have a lump on the right side of my throat.

Today I started 100 mcg T4 and 50 mcg T3

Haven’t felt anything different so far but I’ll give it time.

Gman86

My antibodies were almost high (very top end of the reference range) and I have a lump on the right side of my throat.

Today I started 100 mcg T4 and 50 mcg T3

Haven’t felt anything different so far but I’ll give it time.
That is one hefty dose of T3. Best thing that I’ve come across to treat anything autoimmune related is the carnivore diet. I’ve never seen any other diet/ lifestyle modification that comes even close. I would look into that if I were u. Just try to do as close to carnivore as u can. I mainly do carnivore, but add in fruit, white rice and honey to my diet

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me