Please delete this post

Cataceous

If you're insisting on the Pregnyl brand then price and availability could be problematic in the future. Otherwise I wouldn't be overly worried about generic hCG.

I would certainly give a SERM a try knowing I could revert to hCG monotherapy. However, I would do my best to see if I could get enclomifene instead of Clomid/clomifene. A recent post here said that a compounding pharmacy has it now, implying that a prescription might be possible if you can persuade your doctor. The problem with Clomid is that the zuclomifene isomer, about a third of the total, is estrogenic and has a very long half-life. This makes it harder to succeed long-term.

For the transition I would just drop the hCG and then start the Clomid or enclomifene, low-and-slow on the dosing, meaning a starting dose of maybe 12.5 mg EOD or at most 12.5 mg ED. The dose is adjusted upward very slowly, and only if needed.

I have done both clomid and HCG mono-therapy and have used both Pregnyl and compounded HCG. Several thoughts:1) This sounds like a case of changing for no reason based on what might possibly happen but which also might not happen 2) I would be very hesitant to change if your sex drive and mood are in a great place. Many here struggle to achieve that and I have seen posts from people who went off on an experiment of some sort and then couldn't get back to where they were. 3) Clomid is very hard to dial in for the reasons stated above and probably others that we don't really understand. 4) I am in the same camp as some others here who have found Pregnyl to be more effective than compounded HCG 5) If you try clomid, I would start with 12.5mg every other day. Clomid is very frequently overdosed and in my experience you have to come off of it completely for several weeks and then restart if too much builds up in your system. 6) Just because clomid will raise your T levels doesn't mean you will get the symptom benefits that you get with HCG at the same level due to varying affects on SHBG and other things.

I'd ask the endo why a 26-year-old should accept the testosterone level of an average 80-year-old. In your favor, two weeks might not be long enough to restart decent LH production. And though I'm not advocating it, a guy can easily push down his testosterone level for a test with some simple techniques, such as sleep deprivation, alcohol consumption, licorice root supplementation, etc. One time I reduced my levels from low-300s ng/dL to more like 130 ng/dL.

In the end though it's not worth it when you're still going to be dealing with a doctor who doesn't understand the nuances of hormone replacement therapy and is as reluctant to treat as yours is. The much better option is to go with a place like Defy Medical, even if it does involve some modest out-of-pocket costs.

If you want to manipulate your natural T to appear to be lower on a test have the blood draw at about 5pm or as late in the day as you can.

One thing not mentioned with Clomid along with the Estrogenic factor is that it tends to push SHBG higher which will negatively impact your Free T. Which is what you should focus on with your Dr, Free T. But it's the Total that they use to make the diagnosis with so you may be in a tough spot there.

Your T levels will almost certainly be very low after only 2 weeks off Hcg if you have been on it for 4 years prior . I would not worry about that.