pinch or no pinch when injecting sq abdominal

Buy Lab Tests Online

rayrock1

Do most people pinch the skin to inject testosterone sq in the abdominal area? I saw the Dr Crisler's video where did not recommend pinching, just injecting straight in, because it would cause some testosterone to rebound out when releasing the skin. Does it matter?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Do most people pinch the skin to inject testosterone sq in the abdominal area? I saw the Dr Crisler's video where did not recommend pinching, just injecting straight in, because it would cause some testosterone to rebound out when releasing the skin. Does it matter?

Depends on the amount of adipose tissue/length needle used.

Most would not need to pinch the skin up but if you choose to do such then you would only pinch the skin up temporarily to stick the needle in then let go before you inject the oily solution otherwise in most cases if you continue to keep the skin pinched up during the injection than chances are that you will get some leakage due to the pressure applied while pinching the skin.

Pinching the skin up would allow one to pull the fat away from the underlying muscle before poking yourself.

finkelet

Long time paramedic here. Proper technique for subq is to pinch and insert at a 45 degree angle. If you use a short needle 3/8th or less inject at a 90 degree angle into the fold. It’s to ensure you are delivering the medicine into that fatty layer.

bixt

I'm pretty sure Cristler did an accidental IM in that video, judging from the needle length, injection angle, no pinch, lack of fat in the area, and resultant blood.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me