Phone app to compute free T (Vermeulen, Mazer, Södergård) and immunoassay calibration

Buy Lab Tests Online

arsenio7

Dear Excelmale members,

Recently, I've been working with the help of a friend (actually he did most of the work) on an Android software that helps in the computation of free T (contains Vermeulen, Mazer, Södergård, ...) and that generates reports that link the values obtained to the current scientific literature.

This software also contains immunoassay calibration.

I'm pretty curious to get feedback from the great community of Excelmale. I'm looking forward to your remarks and suggestion. Big thanks in advance!

The app is available on the Google Playstore:

We (main dev and I) decided to build this software as freeware since it might help practicians or individuals check lab values and better understand.
We even think of open-sourcing it.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank @FunkOdyssey who already gave many valuable hints/recommendations.

Arsenio

Screenshot_20220823_161206.png
Screenshot_20220823_155337.png

Screenshot_20220823_155133.png
Screenshot_20220823_155236.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220823_160940.png
    Screenshot_20220823_160940.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

arsenio7

Thanks for sharing and the great effort here. What is the immunoassay calculation trying to do? Inputs?
Thanks for your feedback!

I'm not at home, so I've not all the sources with me, and I should ask the dev. I remember that some studies addressing multiple cohorts were applying these types of calibration.

Below are two articles I found back that raise the fact that some immunoassays are biased compared to LC-MSMS measures.

According to the two articles below, some of them come with a linear deviation on the normal male range. It usually has a minor impact (~10%).

// T measurements
Measurement of Total Serum Testosterone in Adult Men: Comparison of Current Laboratory Methods Versus Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (jcem0534.pdf)

// SHBG measurement
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0004563219888549 (0004563219888549.pdf)

Voilà!

Thanks for your question!

Attachments

• jcem0534.pdf
    394.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 0004563219888549.pdf
    634.9 KB · Views: 32
T

tareload

Gotcha. Assuming the input is LCMS TT you are using the regression line to estimate the expected immunoassay TT reading.

For SHBG the standard comparator for least squares regression was the mean SHBG from various machines.

You guys have done a great job and wonderful you are getting peer review on the functionality. I would nix the immunoassay calibration feature till we discuss what you want to accomplish.

1661281969079.png

Way to go.

T

tareload

Downloaded the app and have some picky comments which I will write up. But to state again, excellent work in progress and I am impressed. The advanced mode feature is really cool and has promise but it is not ready for prime time yet.

Really cool!!

Just to entertain myself I plugged in TT of 1500 ng/dl with SHBG of 55 nM:

1661293040217.png

LMAO! This is gold!! You actually plot the points off the chart. I would buy this app and send subscription to Danny Bossa.

Thank you again. Made my day, bravo!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching