Pharmacodynamics of the agents used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
ABSTRACT

Introduction:
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most common complaints encountered by the practicing urologist, particularly when treating older men. The last 20 years have represented a pivotal time in the treatment of ED.

Areas covered: Several pharmacologic agents have been approved by regulatory agencies, including phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors, intraurethral suppositories, and vasoactive injectable agents. This review will focus on the pharmacodynamic properties of these agents and the clinical consequences of those properties.

Expert opinion: The decision on which agent to use should be individualized and based on the patient’s goals and the likelihood of success with the chosen treatment. The selection is also often driven by side-effect profiles that can be minimized by understanding the interplay between the individual patient and the medication. Thorough knowledge of the metabolism and pharmacologic properties of the available therapies will aid the urologist in selecting an individualized treatment plan for each patient.

Article highlights

Pharmacologic treatments for men with ED can be offered orally, intraurethrally, or intracavernosally

The PDE5 inhibitors are separated largely by their selectivity for PDE5 and duration of action with tadalafil representing the only approved long-acting option.

Intraurethral and intracavernosal options bypass the nervous system and act locally to produce penile erection.

Mechanical therapies are non-pharmacologic alternatives that can be offered to appropriately selected patients

Complete knowledge of patients’ goals, comorbidities, and willingness to accept the associated side effects of each therapy is necessary to provide the optimal treatment regimen for a man with ED.

7. Conclusion

PDE5 inhibitors are typically the first-line treatment for ED due to their high levels of efficacy and tolerability. Before considering PDE5 inhibitors, the cardiovascular risk profile and the function of the liver and kidney must be thoroughly assessed. Choosing the optimal PDE5 inhibitor will depend on the frequency of intercourse and the patient’s sexual profile. Tadalafil has a longer duration of action and can be used for daily treatment, while avanafil is absorbed the most rapidly. In addition, sildenafil ODT and vardenafil ODT remain highly portable and do not need to be administered with water. Intraurethral alprostadil and ICI are second-line therapies in patients who do not respond to PDE5 inhibitors but represent options that do not require sexual stimulation or an intact nervous system. Both require patient counseling to ensure that the drug is administered properly.

Attachments

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

halclyon

Yes, GainsWave is a name for a series of low intensity shock wave (sound wave) treatments (LISWT) on the penis which is relative pain free, and stimulates the growth of new vasculation of the penis and new cell growth, for the treatment of ED, originally used and tested for wound healing. I've had 9 of the 12 shock wave treatments and it does not hurt. Do a google search on Low intensity Shockwave treatment for ED to read the research. Even more encouraging is the injection of Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) derived from drawing your own blood, putting it into a centrifuge to separate the red cells from the plasma, which is then injected in 5 shots into the shaft (two injections on each side) and the head, which stimulates the rejuvenation of new cells and vessels in the penis. This is called the "P-Shot" or priapus shot. The same procedure is working according to new promising research to rejuvenate women's genitalia (Clit and vagina). Unfortunately insurance does not cover these treatments and they are pricey! Unfortunately, I'm at the putter age limit (83) to expect much result, but after treating my own ED with almost every known successfully researched treatment, including the penile injections (Tr-Mix or Quad-Mix) which do work for me, I'm becoming convinced that my skilled oral sexual life is my best bet for giving orgasms to my lady.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, GainsWave is a name for a series of low intensity shock wave (sound wave) treatments (LISWT) on the penis which is relative pain free, and stimulates the growth of new vasculation of the penis and new cell growth, for the treatment of ED, originally used and tested for wound healing. I've had 9 of the 12 shock wave treatments and it does not hurt. Do a google search on Low intensity Shockwave treatment for ED to read the research. Even more encouraging is the injection of Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) derived from drawing your own blood, putting it into a centrifuge to separate the red cells from the plasma, which is then injected in 5 shots into the shaft (two injections on each side) and the head, which stimulates the rejuvenation of new cells and vessels in the penis. This is called the "P-Shot" or priapus shot. The same procedure is working according to new promising research to rejuvenate women's genitalia (Clit and vagina). Unfortunately insurance does not cover these treatments and they are pricey! Unfortunately, I'm at the putter age limit (83) to expect much result, but after treating my own ED with almost every known successfully researched treatment, including the penile injections (Tr-Mix or Quad-Mix) which do work for me, I'm becoming convinced that my skilled oral sexual life is my best bet for giving orgasms to my lady.
Let us know if it works for you. Good luck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me